Notifications
Clear all

DEEP FX over 2 weeks ago --- Ugghh

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/08/2010 1:31 am

Fillers are great for a temporary solution. THe problem is that it is expensive if you keep going back to get it done. I'm 90% sure that Juvederm contains foreign chemicals. The absolute safest fillers are Restylane and Perlane, which I have used. It contains hyaluronic acid which the body itself produces. It doesnt last as long as Juvederm though.

hey... how is restylane and perlane? how long do they last. what are the results like? do they offer 100 percent correction.

hey acnepawns, I think you told me before, but what are your scars like, what is the severity?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/08/2010 1:46 am

hey hiclub2, I gues fillers aren't as safe as I thought.

I just found this .... scroll all the way down to read it.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/poli...acefillers.html

Quick edit to add something.

Gosh doctors are so shady. Doctors in the US are ordering fillers and botox from canadian pharmacies, to increase profit margins. This even after the FDA warned that fillers from canada are fake.

OMG. This brings back bad memories. About 8 yrs ago I went to a plastic surgeon in san franciso to get a consult for a filler, I forget what kind it was, he said it had calcium beeds in it? Anyways I was soo excited to do it (young and naive), then he said "I am out, I have to order it from canada, takes about a week or two." Oh my gosh, back then I didn't think anything of it. But now, wow thank god I never went through with it. Goodness gracious. THis guys is a top plastic surgeon in sf too, damn jerk ordering shit from canada.

F*ck, these doctors. Do I have to force my doctor to show me his invoice so I know he isn't screwing with my body. FDA has to freaking get serious on this shit. I guess you should always ask, "is that american botox, is that american filler?" but they can always lie. Errr

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/08/2010 2:04 am

hey you guys want some juicy stuff.

go browse around this website www.medicalspamd.com

I love how they say "confidential" on the home page. I guess we shouldn't pass the word around too much, if they realize none doctors are visiting the site, they will make it totally off limits to us.

its a site where doctors, spa owners, and esthiticians go. They chat, there are forums. it is similar to acne.org, but it is for doctors. ANyways browse around, read some of the forums, these doctors are so shady, they talk about profits and how to maximize. Tons of other stuff too.

MemberMember
(@hiclub2)

Posted : 03/08/2010 3:18 am

LOL... i can imagine. many doc's try to rip you off.... damn... filers are out of question.... so what should I do????!!! DeepFX is the only choice?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/08/2010 9:48 am

LOL... i can imagine. many doc's try to rip you off.... damn... filers are out of question.... so what should I do????!!! DeepFX is the only choice?

i think subcision will give you more bang for your buck than deepfx. but then again i've never had deepfx

MemberMember
(@hiclub2)

Posted : 03/08/2010 4:28 pm

a doc who did subcision suggested me to do DeepFX..... so i hope it helps

MemberMember
(@carolinaguy)

Posted : 03/08/2010 10:45 pm

Hey Cub;

I would say that the DEEP FX might be worthwhile for some. I am almost three weeks out and still so red where he used the deeper settings I dont feel comfortable going outside. Als, you asked how it was worse? Well, the 8-10 icepick type scars he treated are not as deep, just wider where he used the laser. They are also red/purple and really stand out. Some of them look worse because they are different in tone/color. I can only hope in time they will heal and/or fade. If anyone has any advice on what topicals to apply, please let me know

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/09/2010 1:40 am

Hey Cub;

I would say that the DEEP FX might be worthwhile for some. I am almost three weeks out and still so red where he used the deeper settings I dont feel comfortable going outside. Als, you asked how it was worse? Well, the 8-10 icepick type scars he treated are not as deep, just wider where he used the laser. They are also red/purple and really stand out. Some of them look worse because they are different in tone/color. I can only hope in time they will heal and/or fade. If anyone has any advice on what topicals to apply, please let me know

Hey I think the key right now is the opposite of what you are looking for. I mean, don't use topicals. I'm a firm believer that topicals, too early after procedures just irritate the skin. Give your face one more week, if it doesn't seem to be getting better, then go back to your doctor.

If your doctor feels that you are not healing properly, then he may prescribe a topical steroid. This however, should only be used short term, as it has the potential to thin the skin.

However, I do know of one plastic surgeon that prescribes class 1 potency steroid to be used all over the face immediately after laser resurfacing. This is unusual, since class 1 are usually considered not suitable for the face.

After 2 years of having what many call orange-peal-waxy skin after one of my procedures, the only thing that helped with finally getting a prescription of a topical steroid. I also used retin-A which helped also. I suffered with a very odd waxy orange face for 2 yrs, I hated it, I thought I was scarred for life.

So I say, give it 1 more week. If you notice iprovement don't do anything. If not, then see if steroid is suitable, and maybe Retin-A. Retin-A will help with texture, but will further irritate in terms of redness.

Laser options for redness, you can try v-beam.

I believe Yellow LED treatment is suppose to help also. Some docs offer this, gosh I wish I new the name of the treatment, I think the energy division of L'Oreal makes it.

Again, I strongly reccomend you avoid topicals for another week. Wash with cetaphil, or Purpose fash wash is great also, but has a purfume scent I think. If your face feels dry, use cetaphil lotion to keep it hydrated.

Other people might reccomend you try coppers, and who knows what else. Do they work? I dunno maybe, but I say let your body do the healing, before you irritate it further.

Oh before I go, so this is a a home therapy my family does, when you burn yourself, or get an insect bite, or something to that effect... my mom always puts plain yogurt on it. Maybe you can try this, put yogurt on your face as a cooling mask. But before you do that, ask your doctor if it is okay first, you don't want to cause unforseen problems.

I hope you feel better soon.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 03/09/2010 7:53 am

SanJose, I have been going to MedSpa for years and have often referenced it here. That is where I was getting laser specifications.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/09/2010 10:19 am

SanJose, I have been going to MedSpa for years and have often referenced it here. That is where I was getting laser specifications.

ya medspa is interesting, you realize how stupid these doctors are by browsing those forums

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 03/25/2010 8:24 pm

carolinaguy, is your skin looking any better by now?

MemberMember
(@illusion-of-ugly)

Posted : 03/27/2010 10:10 am

I hate to be the negative guy poppin up but I had deep fx 2 years ago. My skin has never been the same even to this day. I'm pretty positive that the deep fx permanently damaged my natural pigment in my face.

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 03/27/2010 12:42 pm

Why? Whats different exactly? What skintype do you have?

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 03/27/2010 12:45 pm

Btw I just read u got 70% improvement from one Deep FX Illusion. Wow..

MemberMember
(@carolinaguy)

Posted : 03/30/2010 8:57 pm

Hey Ziko:

Well, Im about 7 weeks out now and still extremely pissed. I have another follow-up in two weeks and I think I am going to go off on this doc. The main area of concern was the small ice-pick scars on my nose. Now, after the subcision and Deep FX I have larger red spots that look like holes abouth 1/8 -1/16 of an inch wide and depressed (it actually looks like he burn a deeper hole than what was already there). On top of that, the 3-4 scars that he tried to do subcision are extremely lumpy (I can still see the holes where he inserted the needle under the existing scars)

I should have never done this. I never really thought most people noticed the scars, but I just wanted them smoothed out a little (I was only expecting slight improvement). Now, people are asking me what happended and notice my nose. I already followed up with him once, and he keep saying that it will fade and how "good" I look. He wanted to do more subcicions to help with the pitting. I would not let him touch me.

I know what many of you are thinking, its just his skills. I did my homework on him- He has doine 3 different fellowhsips and additional training on the Lumenis lasers - he did an extra year at J Hopkins so you would think he would know what he was doing.

Again, I am devastated - should I go to another surgeon or just leave well enough alone?

MemberMember
(@hiclub2)

Posted : 03/30/2010 9:22 pm

damn.... carolinaguy... sucks to hear that DEEP FX didnt work out for you. After your strong recommedation, I actually cancelled my appointment for DeepFX that was for tomorrow. Good luck to you.

MemberMember
(@carolinaguy)

Posted : 03/30/2010 9:34 pm

Hey HiClub:

Im not trying to scare anyone...what I would say is that I would try other methods first - only do the DeepFX if you cannot live with the scars. Thats what I should have done.

Not only did I waste almost $3000 but I look far worse. I cant even look at anyone in the eyes. I am sure the doc will give me some excuse...they just are not realistic about complications and the potential to cause your scarring to look worse. They just want the money.

Good luck-

MemberMember
(@hiclub2)

Posted : 03/30/2010 10:28 pm

DeepFX sounds like a great laser but i am more interested in stem cell treatment now... I am saving up money for it.

MemberMember
(@rez77)

Posted : 11/05/2012 1:55 am

if anyone can check out my gallery and advise i'd greatly appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:21 am

SanJoseSkin,

Thank you so much for all the information you shared in this post.

You made the following comment about 1.5 years ago:

This same idea ooccurs laterally, but that is way too confusing, and I still don't understand the density formulas.

MemberMember
(@kinimi)

Posted : 11/15/2012 3:59 am

After 2 years of having what many call orange-peal-waxy skin after one of my procedures, the only thing that helped with finally getting a prescription of a topical steroid. I also used retin-A which helped also. I suffered with a very odd waxy orange face for 2 yrs, I hated it, I thought I was scarred for life.

Do you know the name of the steroid? And, by orange peel skin do you mean that you also had large pores?

I have pores that look like those on an orange peel on a small area of my face but the skin isn't waxy. I got them from stupidly pressing exfoliating beads on my face too hard when I was younger. Do you think that steroids would help?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 12/04/2012 12:43 am

Do you know the name of the steroid? And, by orange peel skin do you mean that you also had large pores?

I have pores that look like those on an orange peel on a small area of my face but the skin isn't waxy. I got them from stupidly pressing exfoliating beads on my face too hard when I was younger. Do you think that steroids would help?

No, I do not think steroids will help you. Steroids can thin skin, cause stretch marks (stria), cause chronic redness and the growth of blood vessels on the face. Should only be used under strict doctor care. I am not a doctor, but I can't imagine a doctor prescribing a topical steroid for someone with a pore issue.

Also, I can't imagine how exfoliating beads could cause what you are describing, especially since you said time has passed...I would assume your skin would have normalized by now. Maybe it's just how your skin is? Can you post a picture of the area in question?

MemberMember
(@kinimi)

Posted : 12/04/2012 11:05 am

No, I do not think steroids will help you. Steroids can thin skin, cause stretch marks (stria), cause chronic redness and the growth of blood vessels on the face. Should only be used under strict doctor care. I am not a doctor, but I can't imagine a doctor prescribing a topical steroid for someone with a pore issue.

Also, I can't imagine how exfoliating beads could cause what you are describing, especially since you said time has passed...I would assume your skin would have normalized by now. Maybe it's just how your skin is? Can you post a picture of the area in question?

Thank you for answering.

I'll post a crappy picture in a second. It does happen, but you have to press really hard. I was like 15 at the time and assumed that Proactive beads stopped acne (since they never tell you what the individual parts of the regimen do), and then I assumed if I pressed harder it would work better. I was frustrated with a bunch of acne in one spot at the time. So yeah, it happened because I was retarded. It's a small spot, about the size of a quarter, and I can cover it up with makeup but it looks pretty bad without makeup. It is definitely not how it is normally supposed to be. I want to get Deep FX, Re:pair or Mixto on that spot (Or maybe my whole face if the doctor thinks my skin is too dark and I'd get lines of demarcation. I can't tell myself, in the mirror I look pale but my crappy phone camera makes me look yellowish.).

Edit: okay here is the pic. It is just that area between my eyebrows. It's a bad quality pic but you can sort of see.

003dvv.jpg