deleted

MemberMember
(@lilsweetiee)

Posted : 05/24/2011 4:50 am

HOW TO USE LUGOLS SOLUTION

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/25/2011 4:34 pm

one question. was on accutane about 4 years ago and styll have sensetive skin. will iodine be bad in my case since my skin is sensitive and accutane slowed down my healing capanilities?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 05/25/2011 5:06 pm

hey no_hope have u had any scar treatments done since being on accutane?/

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/25/2011 8:23 pm

hey no_hope have u had any scar treatments done since being on accutane?/

yes i have. glycolic peels , microdermabrasions, and v beam for hyper pigmentation

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 05/25/2011 8:37 pm

icic..i was on accutane and im thinking about starting treatments at the end of this year but im also nervous my skin is kinda weak since tane..but hopefully it will get better as time goes by :)

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/25/2011 11:40 pm

what treatment u planning on getting???? stay away from lasers!!! right now im trying to find something that will thiken the skin due to the fact that tane thins out our skin . i heard copper peptides is good for this. can some 1 answer my question ???

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 05/26/2011 5:14 am

im actually waiting for recell to be approved so i can get a combo treatment of repair, subcision and recell done just like ernestoria but i dont understand why the US wont have recell by now when Europes had it for years....it seems like its taking forever for us which is not fair!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/26/2011 2:35 pm

what treatment u planning on getting???? stay away from lasers!!! right now im trying to find something that will thiken the skin due to the fact that tane thins out our skin . i heard copper peptides is good for this. can some 1 answer my question ???

interesting.....can u show me the link to ernestrias success? i live in canada and we dont have it either i wonder when we are gonna have it too!

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 05/26/2011 4:32 pm

heres the link for ernestoria..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Combo-Tre...io-t256333.html

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/22/2012 1:55 pm

I have always been a skeptic of this, but has anyone tried this iodine thing for a long time and had regeneration of scar tissue?

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/13/2013 3:47 pm

WHY PEOPLE FAILED INTO THIS

You have to use the 2 bottle method...

That means you pour 1week of lugol's application into another vial.

If you are using the same vial over and over lugols will lose its effect...

Repeat this step over and over when your 2nd bottle has finished.

Read the whole story here: http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/510

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/06/2013 11:24 am

White iodine is remarkable.I put it in a scar after flat mole removal(i picked the scub-yeah i was that silly then)

and there is something like a dried pimple underneath(this pimple continues to dries and we will see how thing will come).

The scar has definetely improved from 4 days applications of coloured iodine tincture.

Thing is white iodine chelates the hell out of me so i advice not to use it and if you do ,do it on a really small area.

So the stain is not necessary ,as others in this old thread have mentioned.

Seems like what blocks regeneration is pathogens and just this.

Also i am about to flat a hypertrophic scar( i have taken some webcam -bad quality photos).

I am pretty confident but i am afraid for possible toxicity.

This stuff is much much better than anything else i have tried.

If the scar is deep,people should raise it with subcision and then apply iodine.

Fingers crossed.

Also people there should not have used any DMSO ,since some portion of the stuff will be pulled straight into the blood.

Also you should supplement or having diet rich in zinc and Vitamin C.Its much for your immune system to keep with.

MemberMember
(@goood)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:39 pm

QUOTE (ShieldofFaith @ Aug 6 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (smoothmove @ Jul 17 2010, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sydney_fellow @ Jul 16 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smooth - putting it on after needling would be the single worst thing you could do. its been known for years that wounds heal badly in dry environments and iodine is incredibly drying.

If it's the single worst thing, then how come people put iodine on cuts and scrapes? Just because you put iodine on, doesn't mean you still can't cover it up with an ointment or moisturizer. Even then, you could still wash it off once it had penetrated, and then put on something like neosporin without any ill effects.

I have been following this thread for a week now. Dr Derry or whatever his name is, is right. But I think the dryness is why iodine hasn't been working for us, while the substance itself has healing properties the dryness partially impairs the healing proccess. So! the solution is what you just said smoothmove. Use iodine then use an oinment or moisturizer. Why choose in between when you can't do both. I think everybody has been using iodine in this thread but hasn't used a good oinment on it. And this is why were not seeing results.

I have been using iodine on my forehead where I did a self dermabrasion using a soft nail filer

- http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/21210/

- http://www.acne.org/messageboard/DERMABRASION-REMOVES-SC-t172372.html

- http://www.acne.org/messageboard/eliminated-scars-d-t123934.html

Anyhow I have been applying iodine for the past few days, I just applied Antibiotic Ointment

Bacitracin Zinc and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ointment USP Life Brand

I also have aloe vera moisturizer

I don't expect to see results tomorrow. We'll see how it looks in 2 days

DAY 2. Verdict- Guys, it works. It seems that my theory was correct.

"But I think the dryness is why iodine hasn't been working for us, while the substance itself has healing properties the dryness partially impairs the healing proccess. So! the solution is what you just said smoothmove. Use iodine then use an oinment or moisturizer."

My pitted scar (that looked like a crater) is being filled up <works on indented scar> I literally SEE the difference. Here are the details.

- [Previously on the scar that I had I performed a self deambrasion using a soft nail filer (makes your skin, flatter more regular. Makes it red too. A procedure that I do NOT recommend. Unless the below doesn't work. Try the below first, if it doesn't work do this step 1 then step2]

-step2: I have used iodine tincture for 4 days CONSISTENTLY <meaning I dont wash after and I apply twice a day) with no moisturizer.

-Then after it became leathery and hard-stained dark brown, looked like a crust (this is good dont worry)

-On day 4 I used Antibiotic Ointment Bacitracin Zinc and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ointment USP Life Brand AND Aloe after sun moisturizer Life essentials brand I combined BOTH, yes BOTH!

-After a 8-12hours skin starts peeling (This is good!)

-Now what I've done is! because I had a scab there and it got removed by the moisturizer so I recreated the environment for the scar (artifical scab) using Silicone Sheet! (research it!)

-Note that Antibiotic Ointment will also help recreate the environment because its a gel!

-I left it the silicone sheet on, even overnight, felt uncomfortable and gewy at times. Don't touch it trust me!! Do not apply pressure on the sheet! Merely cover it lightly!!

-Make sure you use Antibiotic Ointment, followed by the moisturizer, then cover it all up with the silicone sheet.

Follow all of this to the LETTER! I know its complicated and might be boring be I used it on myself and I wouldnt come to this forum and waste my time writing all this if it hadn't worked for me.

Hope this made you're day guys! Remember hard work and scarifice pays off!

Any new updates? How your scars looks today?