Subcision in Houston Texas?

MemberMember
(@houtexjoe)

Posted : 06/28/2012 8:03 pm

Bump...

MemberMember
(@lindseyloowho)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:56 am

Hey Houtexjoe... did u ever find anymore info on subcision? I have a consult with Suzanne Bruce but am not sure if she does it or not..

MemberMember
(@betterliving)

Posted : 09/27/2012 7:28 pm

I was also trying to see if a doctor in Texas could combine subcision and laser treatment. I made an appointment with Dr. Ramsey and the person I spoke to at his office said that he rarely does subcision. I would hope he considers it based on each person's specific case. Otherwise, I'm hoping the laser treatment will be the most effective option if it is what he suggests.

MemberMember
(@houtexjoe)

Posted : 11/20/2012 12:30 pm

I finally got subcision done today with Dr. Ramsey Markus. He's a very nice doctor and seems to be very honest and sincere. The cost was $150 for each side of my face...so a total of $300. It really didn't take very long or hurt very much. The numbing injections are what hurt the most. Of course, I will not be able to tell what the results are until I heal up. I'm planning on doing suction to help prevent reattachment of the scars as well. I bought a at-home microdermabrasion device to do the suction with. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting perfection. I realize I may have to do more treatments.

The whole thing was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. After the injections, I really couldn't feel anything.

MemberMember
(@ricosuave77)

Posted : 11/23/2012 4:52 pm

houtexjoe can you keep us updated on your progress? I am very interested to see your results. Did Dr. Markus suggest anything else when you saw him?

MemberMember
(@houtexjoe)

Posted : 11/24/2012 11:14 pm

He recommended doing some kind of resurfacing in addition to the subcision. I'm probably going to do a TCA peel eventually, but will have to plan for some downtime. I'm also doing some dermarolling. Will probably do some more subcision too. I don't have much time or money, so it's making things rather difficult. I will be posting some pictures in my gallery that should show any progress. I will do the best I can to keep you all updated. Thanks rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@sportsguy23)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:25 pm

how is the dermarolling going? also please keep us updated...

MemberMember
(@houtexjoe)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:19 pm

the dermarolling hurts like ****, but I think it is effective. I don't go too deep with it because it makes my face really red, and then I can't do anything else. However, I think it's one of the more effective treatments available...and it's cheap too:-)