Notifications
Clear all

Turmeric magic fade scar!

MemberMember
(@zhenz)

Posted : 10/06/2009 10:11 pm

i'm also living in singapore and this is the first time i've heard of this. so any kind souls able to advise where can i get this.

i'm currently on accutane, is it advisable to be using this turmeric treatment while on tane?

thanks.

hi! and to all those from Singapore, you can get it in little india, either the small grocery shops or mustafa. just ask the shopkeepers for it.

do note NOT to get the powder meant for eating if you are applying for face, and NOT to get the powder meant for face if you want to drink it. alternatively you can buy the root and grind it yourself, seems better to me but just a little bit more troublesome.

all the best!

MemberMember
(@scarphace)

Posted : 10/09/2009 12:46 am

damn...i just read this whole thing, it always starts out so hopeful and then dies out in the end...always no hope =/

I still want to try though. My marks are probably 7-8 years old now. My uncle whos in his mid/late 30s had red marks up until maybe 5 years ago. He tried this face wash and it got rid of all his red marks, and even though he still has a whole lot of craters, its really hard to tell with the red marks gone. That face wash didn't work for me though =[

How do you grind the root into powder? That doesn't sound possible...do you use a mortar and w/e thing and just mash it as much as possible?

MemberMember
(@tommyluan)

Posted : 12/29/2009 2:20 am

come on people if u agree tumeric it help your acne or acne scar please post more comment of so people can come and try the stuff here a online store u can get organic tumeric indianblend.com and it only a few dollar but the shiping it 8 dollar. Please use milk to watch the yellow stain of. Use tumeric powder mix with lemon juice apply whole face. Next morning watch it of with milk. I must say i am regret not try tumeric i have been spend over 1000 dollar on product to help with acne scar or dark spot from acne but it geting worse. Acv cant even beat this but why it got so over 80 page but tumeric it number 1 key success for your acne or acne scar and got only 8 page. bio oil crap got 10 post it cause more acne.

Every holiday i have to stay inside my room because i regret i have use wrong stuff put on my face not only it not help but it get burn and make my acne scar worse. With only a few dollar and natural stuff u got nothing to lose unless u want be hide in your room every single day. I wish some day tumeric people around the world should know what tumeric is? Then they dont need waste those money and buy chemical stuff which make your face more worse.

Dan if u reading this please post a video about tumeric please please or doing a research on it! U can put some tumeric in your product so it can also help the acne scar then acne.

MemberMember
(@pinkpanthar212)

Posted : 12/30/2009 5:21 pm

hey guys,

Just thought I'd throw my experiences in here too!

For a month now I've been doing a yogurt& turmeric mask about 4-5 times per week. I just mixed a couple spoonfuls of yogurt with maybe a teaspoon of tumeric (enough to make the yogurt a pale to medium yellow colour) and applied it all over my face and left it on for about 30 minutes then rinsed off with warm water.

I can honestly say that the red marks on my face ARE getting lighter. Slowly but surely. I've been breaking out on the left side of my face lately so I can't comment there yet but the marks on the right side of my face (which is clear) are definitely lighter than when I started this. Maybe it works. Maybe it's my imagination. But, it's worth a try so you can decide for yourself!

I'll try drinking it as well, although it is already in alot of the food I eat (I'm Indian, lol). I'll also try leaving it on for longer, perhaps overnight.

Hi... I know that it has been a while, but I'm also Indian and have begun using the turmeric. Can you tell me how long it took for the scars to fade. Also, if I leave the paste (turmeric and milk) on my whole face overnight, will it leave a really yello stain, or will it be fine (because I'm Asian).

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 12/30/2009 5:44 pm

This does not work on pitted scars, it's only for marks and acne itself, not pitted scars.

MemberMember
(@moonchild706)

Posted : 11/23/2010 1:22 am

ok, so i've been using turmeric for a bit and IT'S BEEN WORKING so i wanna share some tips

i've been using turmeric as a mask for about two weeks, at first i only left it on for an hour or so but then i kept in on all night and there was a HUGE difference!!!! leaving it on for only an hour or two i didn't notice any change, but after just one night of leaving it on overnight i noticed a HUGE change in my skin tone overall :) and i have realllly severe acne, well, it's in remission i think :D but its really been making a difference in red marks. can't say for scars because it might just be that the red marks fading makes the scars look better..i dono. this is my fifth night leaving turmeric on all night and i am very happy :) planning on using it every night for as long as it takes.

for the mask, i used turmeric in plain yogurt with a little neem oil. I let it dry for a half hour or more, so it really doesn't get on my pillowcase at all, which was surprising to me (although if you drool it will get on your pillowcase). The downside it that it looks SO DAM AWFUL but its not as bad as a face full of red marks and acne. In the morning, after rinsing as much as i can with warm water, i add a little caster (castor?) oil to my face wash (himalaya organics neem and turmeric facewash, it's soap free and WONDERFUL and not very expensive either) and the yellow staining comes off 100% (unless you have dry/scabby patches, those hold on to the color a bit) and it only takes as long as washing your face, so i don't have to worry about being late to school or anything. The caster oil works because turmeric is fat soluble, which is why people have such a hard time getting it off with soap. castor oil can be drying...its been ok for me because i've been using it with my facewash so theres no oil or turmeric left on my skin after washing. look up oil cleansing method for more info on castor oil.

i used it on my entire face because my entire face is covered in red marks and acne, but the OP had a point that you don't need to use it everywhere if you only have a few spots. i'm sure it would work wonders for someone with mild or moderate acne, if it could help me.

i've been drinking it twice daily for about 2 months in warm coconut milk (it's fat soluble, so milk works much better than water) and i put some black pepper in there recently because someone said that black pepper makes turmeric more bioavailable... i am not sure if this has been helpign or not, but considering my acne severity has gone from extremely extremely disgustingly severe (i am not exaggerating - cysts all over the place, connecting to eachother, scars everywhere..not one patch of clear skin on my face) to moderate (i still have a bunch of red marks..for now..but mostly white heads and small pimples, and much less yay) that might be a sign that it's working, but i've also been doing a lot of other stuff so idk.

idk about evidence or what not i was too lazy to read the entire post but i wouldn't be surprised if turmeric helped scars a bit because i think it helps with cell renewal or something? maybe it just takes a really long time? eh..whatever. i think the big thing is helping to stop new acne from forming, thus stopping future scarring. But it really seems to be working on red marks. hooray!

MemberMember
(@moonchild706)

Posted : 11/23/2010 1:31 am

p.s. the castor oil is absolutely necessary, i tried using coconut oil to get it off and it didn't work as well..not sure why. castor oil is really deep cleansing for some weird reason. but when i tried just using soap it took lots and lots of scrubbing and i still couldn't get it off completely, and my face was YELLOW. i am caucasian so it was reallllyyy obvious, not sure how obvious it would be for asians (responding to pink panthar, not being racist lol) but its pretty yellow..think curry yellow, so it prob wont match your skin tone lol. might be less obvious. In theory, coconut oil should work just as well as castory (ppl use it to remove makeup) so maybe i didn't do it right...that would be better for someone with dry skin. but it didnt work for me. i only tried once though.

You can also add honey or coconut oil or whatever you want to the mask, those two are good if you have dry skin. They won't break you out (well..the coconut oil might but it doesn't for most ppl) honey is really antibacterial - you gotta use RAW honey, preferably local, not the processed stuff. I add neem oil because i have such bad acne. i practically bathe in the stuff, i really think its working though! i love turmeric. thank you SO much to the OP for posting this, you were my inspiration to start using turmeric and it was soo the right thing for me.

i cant wait to go see my dermatologist and family and prove that i could get clear without accutane. if i had listened to them i would be having an initial breakout right about now probably. but that's not relevant. yay turmeric!

MemberMember
(@moonchild706)

Posted : 11/23/2010 2:09 am

I already used it... It works!!!!!

I had a very painful Acne right on my cheek and pimples on my cheeks and forehead.

My acne was very painful and was even swollen. It was quite irritating. So I decided to use a turmeric mask.

At first I washed my face and steamed with hot water. Put the hot water and cover your head and the hot water container with a towel. In this way I open my pores on my face. After that I used the turmeric paste. I mixed turmeric with fresh lemon juice and put it on my face and left it for more than 30 minutes. After that wash the face with cold warm water and then cold water (to close pores).

To my surprise, next morning, the acne wasn't painful anymore and not swollen.

Well, I also drank turmeric and honey.

My father's hobby is making medicine from herbs. When I was in my own country, he has always made small capsule-like tablets of Honey and Turmeric and asked me to take daily. Seriously, I didn't have any acne or pimple in my face at that time and didn't even have dark circles around my eyes. But I hated to take that medicine!!... You know the smell of Turmeric.,,, Imagine taking of smelly turmeric everyday... it was realli painful..

Therefore, after leaving home, I no longer take this medicine. And as a result, I possess acne and pimple face (it also includes my life style, school stress, etc...). So, I decided to take it again. This time, I also apply turmeric as a mask. It realli works.. If you don't wanna take it, you can just use it as the mask (turmeric and lemon).

Now I have no more acne and pimples. Plus no scars from these. :D

Turmeric works!

this is very interesting. how did your father make the capsules? did he use the honey as a binding agent and then dehydrate it? if you know, please do tell :)

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 11/23/2010 8:03 pm

I used vicco which has turmeric. It just gives a glow because of turmerics color. Didn't help with redness and hardly anything.

MemberMember
(@gabriela_11)

Posted : 11/30/2010 5:59 pm

This actually works!!! Just had a massive acne breakout on my face with new spots forming everyday. I heard that turmeric was very good for treating acne and acne scars so I started drinking it and applying to my face 6 days ago. I can tell you since I've started this regime I've had no new spots and miraculously all my scars are fading....I mean fading real fast! :)

The theory is that drinking the turmeric helps fight the cause of acne from the inside and so preventing its formation. Application of it to the skin helps the healing process. Give it a try!!!

How much turmeric did you drink? As for application, what did you mix it with and for how long did you apply it for? I sometimes apply honey to my face for overnight treatment but for some reason it hasnt healed my skin much as it used to and Im getting some breakouts also. Hope the turmeric will help.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 11/30/2010 7:16 pm

They sell the supplement at Walmart. Be careful when consuming it, it acts a a blood thinner and is a no no to take prior to any surgery like subcision etc.

MemberMember
(@mia37)

Posted : 12/15/2010 4:19 pm

When I was a teen I had mild acne. I would usually just have a few pimples here or there but nothing major. When I turned around twenty three I started getting Cystic acne which left me with a few icepick scars on my cheeks. I went to a derm and got my acne somewhat under control. I had some of the scars cut out but not all of them. My derm put me on Amoxicillan for a few years and I had little problem for years even after I stopped using the antibiotic. However Two years ago I started breaking out with the cystic acne again. I wanted to try something natural on my acne since I heard the long term use of antibotics were not good for your health. I googled and read about using tumeric for acne...one of the biggest mistakes of my life. For a year I drank tumeric in a tea form. I made a paste of water and tumeric and used it as a mask. I now have MANY deep ice pics, box cars, and one huge hypertrophic scar. Tumeric didn't help me at ALL. Since then I've had to have two(this is what i can afford now)huge box cars excised.I had one fraxel treatment,Tried TCA cross and and a few days ago I tried self needling. I eventually went back to my derm and I am back on Amoxicillan. My face is now fairly back to normal minus my severly scared cheeks. Maybe it will work for others but it didn't for me. Also it did not make the pitted scars I initially had go away.

MemberMember
(@mia1984)

Posted : 02/16/2011 5:03 pm

how do I delete my post? ...wrong section

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/16/2011 7:18 pm

There was a study done on turmeric accelerating wound healing and it failed to yield results. I had a skin infection and it did nothing for it. Turmeric is just inferior to antibodies and anti-inflammation drug...not to mention it awfully stains the skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/17/2011 6:20 am

wat about zinc?

MemberMember
(@placydica)

Posted : 04/02/2011 8:39 am

Hey,

I've been lurking on this board since January. I accidentally burnt my face with mild acid in January, which developed into a nasty red scar. After reading the advice of this board i decided to do some research - a lot of scientific journal articles implied that Curcumin longa (Turmeric) did indeed make skin heal faster. So i decided to give it a shot (i had nothing to lose, i had a huge scar on my face as it was).

So I mixed Turmeric with honey in a thick paste every night and applied it to the scar tissue, slept with it on and removed it in the morning. Though every now and then i'd add some lemon juice to the mix - which caused the skin to peel off very lightly, removing the top layer. As the lemon was very strong i couldn't add it in everyday - but i think the lemon made the Turmeric more effective by removing the top layer of dead skin .

As well as that i also added a teaspoon of Turmeric in my daily glass of warm milk each day. But afterward i stopped adding it daily and added it in my milk once every two days.

The Turmeric i used was powdered and fairly fresh (a couple of months old). I might add it was home made too.

I actually have before and after pictures for evidence that this stuff works - even though it takes a while (two months exactly)

The first picture was taken on January 30 2011.

post-148259-1301750543_thumb.jpg

The second picture was taken on March 30 2011.

post-148259-1301750569_thumb.jpg

I'll let the photographs speak for themselves. :D

Just a Note - My skin type isn't sensitive and isn't prone to acne. I don't know if it will work for you, because everyone's skin is different.

~Placydica

MemberMember
(@capslocked)

Posted : 04/02/2011 9:27 am

Hey,

I've been lurking on this board since January. I accidentally burnt my face with mild acid in January, which developed into a nasty red scar. After reading the advice of this board i decided to do some research - a lot of scientific journal articles implied that Curcumin longa (Turmeric) did indeed make skin heal faster. So i decided to give it a shot (i had nothing to lose, i had a huge scar on my face as it was).

So I mixed Turmeric with honey in a thick paste every night and applied it to the scar tissue, slept with it on and removed it in the morning. Though every now and then i'd add some lemon juice to the mix - which caused the skin to peel off very lightly, removing the top layer. As the lemon was very strong i couldn't add it in everyday - but i think the lemon made the Turmeric more effective by removing the top layer of dead skin .

As well as that i also added a teaspoon of Turmeric in my daily glass of warm milk each day. But afterward i stopped adding it daily and added it in my milk once every two days.

The Turmeric i used was powdered and fairly fresh (a couple of months old). I might add it was home made too.

I actually have before and after pictures for evidence that this stuff works - even though it takes a while (two months exactly)

The first picture was taken on January 30 2011.

The second picture was taken on March 30 2011.

I'll let the photographs speak for themselves. :D

Just a Note - My skin type isn't sensitive and isn't prone to acne. I don't know if it will work for you, because everyone's skin is different.

~Placydica

Wow!

MemberMember
(@truonganh)

Posted : 04/12/2011 10:25 am

Hi friends, turmeric powder is really effective on acne and pimples. I never used any cream or lotion for the acne and pimples. It is very simple treatment, just take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and add some water or milk to make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your acne or pimples for only 15 min or more then wash it with warm or cool water, and see the magic after 2-3 days. I always use this treatment when i suffers with pimples. Turmeric powder is also effective on cough, before you are going to sleep just drink half glass of warm milk by adding one or half teaspoon of turmeric power in it.

I total agree with you. I'm Asian. Turmeric is very popular, I grow it in my garden. And it is really effective for acne and pimple. You can apply it into your face or drink it or use it as food spice. It is also really good for your health. Turmeric with honey is a popular method in my country to cure stomach disease and make your skin much more beautiful. You can mix it with white egg, some drop of lemon to mask. It really good to heal acne, make it dryer and smaller, and make the skin smoother.

MemberMember
(@busyguy)

Posted : 04/25/2011 2:49 am

Is the tumeric powder the kind sold in spice shop?Or is there the one that specially for skin use?

MemberMember
(@hailey_909)

Posted : 04/25/2011 4:12 am

Turmeric can help with redness on scars as it lightens skin color. It is also used on fresh wounds sometimes because it is antiseptic.

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 11/12/2012 10:19 pm

Thank you so much. I will be going to my local health store to buy. I saw on you tube , people mix milk and turmeric powder for mask. I will try this!!!