Notifications
Clear all

Turmeric magic fade scar!

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/21/2009 3:58 am

alright guys i'm not sure if it's the turmeric that's the culprit for all my breakouts but it's been 20 days and i've seen no improvement. i give up on this. i'm sick of the damn yellow stain on my face and all over my bathroom and i can't risk continuing on with it if it could be causing breakouts. good luck to those of you whom think it's working out. later guys.

MemberMember
(@sgupta)

Posted : 01/21/2009 5:42 pm

How does I make a mask/paste with the root rather than the powder. I can't seem to get enough juice out of the root simply by poking it. Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@ourtime)

Posted : 01/21/2009 6:10 pm

alright guys i'm not sure if it's the turmeric that's the culprit for all my breakouts but it's been 20 days and i've seen no improvement. i give up on this. i'm sick of the damn yellow stain on my face and all over my bathroom and i can't risk continuing on with it if it could be causing breakouts. good luck to those of you whom think it's working out. later guys.

Hey, at least you tried.

What do you think you will try next?

Good luck in the future.

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/21/2009 6:32 pm

Hey, at least you tried.

What do you think you will try next?

Good luck in the future.

thanks so much :) for my active acne i'm trying sea salt soaks http://www.acne.org/messageboard/sea-salt-...65#entry2502565 and for the red marks i'm going to try aloe vera. i've been taking pictures of my skin since the end of october and have seen improvements in general from maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle so whether the aloe works or not i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rate my skin is healing it should be about red mark free in another 3 to 4 months. i hate having to always wear makeup but ya know, i'm just glad i can wear makeup; my skin used to be so bad i couldn't wear any makeup at all cause i had so many breakouts and my skin was so damn sensitive to everything.

MemberMember
(@yes11111)

Posted : 01/26/2009 9:16 pm

Too bad, I guess I am not fit with this method.

Does anyone konw another good ways to reduce both acne and red marks?

or

I should use turmeric with something else?

MemberMember
(@yes11111)

Posted : 02/02/2009 10:34 pm

I am kind of curious why no one has post anything to this blog anymore. it is because no one has any good experience with turmeric or just don't want to talk about it?

If possible, I hope most of us can give us any feebacks on whether they think this method works for them, let say, after 2 weeks.

Personally, I have very bad experience with this method and I would like to learn what I did wrong from other people.

Please reply back as early as you can, because I do have a lot of bad, ugly pimples on my face due to this method and looking for quick fix.

MemberMember
(@polka)

Posted : 02/03/2009 7:25 am

Sorry but I find this hard to believe, I am of Kaori's opinion.

I don't care what kind of scientific links you post on here, they are mostly not relevant, and not direct studies of the actual turmeric powder used in shops. I find it near impossible to entertain the notion that making a turmerric topical will help reduce scars.

As far as your body is concerned, your brain and your body thinks your scars are healthy tissue, they dont need to be changed or repaired in any way. There is no reason that applying turmeric on scars will do anything, you could put peanut butter on your face for all its worth IMO

This staining business sounds not worth it, your skin will be absorbing the turmeric in small levels and retaining it for periods of time, I wonder what effect this will have in the long run?

--

BUT I could be wring, and thats a big if, I've been on thhese forums long enough to witness miracle cures and so forth, and this is a miracle product.. OP suggests it removes deep scarring in a month...

MemberMember
(@yes11111)

Posted : 02/03/2009 8:18 am

Ok, if you don't believe in this method, do you have better solutions to solve both acne and acne marks?

Thanks in advance.

I don't care what kind of scientific links you post on here, they are mostly not relevant, and not direct studies of the actual turmeric powder used in shops. I find it near impossible to entertain the notion that making a turmerric topical will help reduce scars.

As far as your body is concerned, your brain and your body thinks your scars are healthy tissue, they dont need to be changed or repaired in any way. There is no reason that applying turmeric on scars will do anything, you could put peanut butter on your face for all its worth IMO

This staining business sounds not worth it, your skin will be absorbing the turmeric in small levels and retaining it for periods of time, I wonder what effect this will have in the long run?

--

BUT I could be wring, and thats a big if, I've been on thhese forums long enough to witness miracle cures and so forth, and this is a miracle product.. OP suggests it removes deep scarring in a month...

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/03/2009 8:23 am

--

i think the tumeric powder thing is for red marks (which are not scars) and not actual pitted scars

MemberMember
(@polka)

Posted : 02/03/2009 1:12 pm

Peanut Butter works good as well

OP Suggests it works on scars, and this is a scars forum. As suggested earlier this should'ne really be here.

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/03/2009 1:17 pm

Peanut Butter works good as well

OP Suggests it works on scars, and this is a scars forum. As suggested earlier this should'ne really be here.

alot of people mistake the red marks for actuall scars which there not but anyway ... the OP posted this in both the red marks and scar forum i think

MemberMember
(@acnekeloid)

Posted : 02/27/2009 8:47 am

Hey do you use the Tumeric Powder and mix it with a little water?

Or you buy the actual TUMERIC and press it to get the juice out?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@acnekeloid)

Posted : 02/27/2009 9:26 am

Wow you are so daring.

I have bad red marks from the multiple cystic acnes I have had the past years.

I have done several checmical peeling, only to have new cysts popping up.

I figured I can't have any treatment until all my cystic acnes cleared up or the scars will never go away. Everytime I get any type of acnes, mostly cystic, the red marks will stay there forever.

Right now i'm getting them on the jaw lines, and lower cheek, near the chin. they are huge, painful and with pus inside, i just started to use Tumeric powder mixed with water yesterday. hope this will help me.

got a question about your laser procedures though. have you done Blue Light Acne with Levulan?

I am very interested in doing it but i heard after the first treatment the acnes will get worse.

Have you done it?

MemberMember
(@acnekeloid)

Posted : 02/27/2009 9:36 am

LPN I trust you are not trying to sell Tumeric. That guy is just sour.

Don't listen to him.

I am trying your tumeric paste right now. and last night too. i could have sworn the cystic acne near my temple has gone down in size in just one night. This I know coz last night my husband just said how BIG my cystic acne was, it was hard and filled with pus, with tender skin around it. looked like it was ready to burst, but i applied the tumeric and this morning even though it is still there, it's not as hard and have gone down in size. I really HOPE this will work.

Last week i tried using ORganic Apple Cider Vinegar UNDILUTED (not mixed with water) as a toner.

It helped my OILY SKIN ISSUE, but the acne was still there.

So right now i'm just going to use the Apple Cider Vinegar just in the morning to control my OIL and apply TUMERIC at night. Wish me luck.

Thank YOU for the explanation. I have been using on ly the PURE TUMERIC powder.

I know it's pure b/c I can see little veins from the ROot inside still, they are coarse, and they look like the TUMERICS hairs/pulps.

MemberMember
(@acnekeloid)

Posted : 02/27/2009 9:43 am

Hi Cassandra:

I'm also using Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner though in the morning. I don't mix it with water, and it's the only thing that HELPED with my OILY SKIN.

The ACV didn't really help get rid of my cystic acnes though.

Last night I started using Tumeric Powder mixed with water and applied it to my problem area.

I could have sworn the cystic acne on my temple has gone down in size, not as taut and swollen. i really hope this can work, its so cheap and natural.

I bought DUAC gel, a very expensive cream $170/100 gram.

Everybody on Acne.org swore it worked.

It didn't for me. i wasted so much money on buying creams/medicines that I thought helped but nothing really helps.

i am on Yaz too hoping it helps my acne, but i have not seen any result, i'm into my 2nd pack now.

but thank GOD i use it also for the purpose of not getting pregnant, so not too much money wasted.

Do you have OILY Skin too?

MemberMember
(@acnekeloid)

Posted : 02/27/2009 9:50 am

when you mean 3/4 shot of ACV, do you mean Undiluted.

3/4 shot is of a little shot glass? the short ones?

I have been drinking 2 tbsp of Bragg Organic Apple Cider mixed with 16 oz of water. but have not seen any major result.

maybe too much water..pls advise

MemberMember
(@shuuu)

Posted : 03/26/2009 11:28 pm

I am kind of curious why no one has post anything to this blog anymore. it is because no one has any good experience with turmeric or just don't want to talk about it?

If possible, I hope most of us can give us any feebacks on whether they think this method works for them, let say, after 2 weeks.

Personally, I have very bad experience with this method and I would like to learn what I did wrong from other people.

Please reply back as early as you can, because I do have a lot of bad, ugly pimples on my face due to this method and looking for quick fix.

hey! the turmeric method definitely works. after i got to know this method of treating acne and red/brown marks, i decided to give it a try. this method is amazing! i saw results in just 2 days! my forehead used to have numerous whiteheads and occasional pimples, and my chin develops new pimples almost everyday. my cheeks have light acne too. after using turmeric, i realised that new pimples don't develop anymore! the brown marks on my chin has faded quite a lot with just a few days use. i'm so happy! and my mum who used to complain that my face condition is bad can't stop looking at my "new" face! currently, my skin is quite good. but i don't know why this method doesn't work for you. did you use anything else on your face when you try this method?

how i use turmeric:

i grated the root turmeric so that i get the powder-size form. (remember to wear waterproof gloves to avoid stain)

then i take a bean-size amount or maybe a little bit more and dilute with 2 teaspoons of water.

next, in order not to stain my hands, i use cotton bud to apply my whole face, focusing on acne areas. and let it sit in for 20mins. then wash off with baking soda paste to remove stains.

MemberMember
(@smadgirl)

Posted : 04/21/2009 3:29 am

hey guys,

Just thought I'd throw my experiences in here too!

For a month now I've been doing a yogurt& turmeric mask about 4-5 times per week. I just mixed a couple spoonfuls of yogurt with maybe a teaspoon of tumeric (enough to make the yogurt a pale to medium yellow colour) and applied it all over my face and left it on for about 30 minutes then rinsed off with warm water.

I can honestly say that the red marks on my face ARE getting lighter. Slowly but surely. I've been breaking out on the left side of my face lately so I can't comment there yet but the marks on the right side of my face (which is clear) are definitely lighter than when I started this. Maybe it works. Maybe it's my imagination. But, it's worth a try so you can decide for yourself!

I'll try drinking it as well, although it is already in alot of the food I eat (I'm Indian, lol). I'll also try leaving it on for longer, perhaps overnight.

MemberMember
(@tom8)

Posted : 05/19/2009 1:10 pm

i've been applying it as a mask mixed with honey, and leaving on for between half an hour and an hour for four days now, a slight improvement possibly, but bear in mind these are very new red marks, (between a week to three months old). I'm concerned though because he mentioned something about bleaching the skin and i have naturally very tanned skin for a caucasian (which apparently is part of the reason i get red marks that stick around easily). Will it fade the rest of my face as well as the red marks? Or does it attack the red marks more effectively and leave the rest of the face the same colour? (a very slight change wouldnt be a problem as its coming towards summer and i can tan)

MemberMember
(@lovee)

Posted : 05/31/2009 5:14 am

Hi!

Hmm, seems like I could try this.. You mentioned to mix the powder with cucumber juice or lemon and put on for 15 mins then wash off. In a few posts after, you said apply at night and was off in the morning.

To leave it on my face for 15 mins and overnight is a lot of difference! How long would be good? I would definitely try leaving for at most 15 mins for at least the first week to see the effects of yellow staining.

Can I also mix with water instead of cucumber or lemon juice?

Thank you for sharing! It reminded me of a programme I had watched before which talked about turmeric powder as skincare for Indians.

I'm gonna get it later, easy to find as I'm living in Singapore. Will post updates on the effects! =)

Hi , I am also living in Singapore. Seriously , this is the first time i have heard of turmeric powder. And im kinda amazed by how the other readers described it as such an effective natural remedy to fade acne marks.

So may i know where can i get it? And how much is it? Hopefully , it will do wonders for me : )

MemberMember
(@lovee)

Posted : 05/31/2009 5:32 am

thanks for all the info lpn455 :) , i did not want to deal with the staining and the scrubbing, milk, etc, so i decided to try the VICCO TURMERIC SKIN CREAM, with sandalwood oil, i went to an indian store (bombay) , only 5.99, it was highly recommened by the store owner,i also got a large bottle of pure turmeric powder for only 1.50, love that store! i will be drinking the turmeric powder with chocolate milk , and applying the turmeric skin cream at night, i will report back in 30 days, good luck to everyone trying turmeric.

Hi , may i know where you are living? And where did you get the pure turmeric powder?

MemberMember
(@zacaroo)

Posted : 06/01/2009 9:34 am

i'm also living in singapore and this is the first time i've heard of this. so any kind souls able to advise where can i get this.

i'm currently on accutane, is it advisable to be using this turmeric treatment while on tane?

thanks.

MemberMember
(@tarah2878)

Posted : 06/10/2009 9:37 am

Hi. I am new here, this is my first post. I have suffered from acne since I was a teen, not so bad then, but it came back as an adult even worse when I was 21...and I am 30 now still fighting it. I use differin, finacea, bp just on active spots and neutrogena extra gentle cleanser and neutrogena oil control lotion, also I take doxy and drink ACV daily.

I searched for turmeric on the boards because I used it to treat my hidradenitis suppurativa with success a year or so ago and was wondering if anyone here knew about it. When I used it on my HS it worked in making the boils go away. It can help prevent acne and IMO this post should be also added to the nutrition / holistic portion of the boards. Ingesting turmeric 1-3 times daiy can do wonders for your skin. If anyone knows what HS is, then they know it is a nasty condition where your sweat glands become infected and boils pop up all along the sweat ducts. These are terrible, painful, large cysts and nodules. If HS can treat that (which it can I am proof, lesions are now dormant...hopefully gone for good) then it can keep acne at bay. As far as the pitted scars, I do not know. I did not use turmeric to rub on, only orally ingested it. Read the last link. It is a forum for HS sufferes (who are prone to acne). They are talking about how the turmeric is helping their cysts and voila! their acne on their face is going away as an added perk. Finally, it's just worth a try...it has added benefits outside of treating acne if ingested, can't hurt.

Apparently there are certain turmeric 'supplements' that are not absorbed into the bloodstream as well as the root or a more pure form of it, check your supplements closely or just get the root...also combining this with other supplements will help absorption... http://www.nutritional-supplement-educational-centre.com/turmeric-benefits.html

also... http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/20-health-benefits-of-turmeric.html

also... http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hidradenitis_suppurativa3.html

MemberMember
(@age-of-24)

Posted : 06/10/2009 10:03 pm

I already used it... It works!!!!!

I had a very painful Acne right on my cheek and pimples on my cheeks and forehead.

My acne was very painful and was even swollen. It was quite irritating. So I decided to use a turmeric mask.

At first I washed my face and steamed with hot water. Put the hot water and cover your head and the hot water container with a towel. In this way I open my pores on my face. After that I used the turmeric paste. I mixed turmeric with fresh lemon juice and put it on my face and left it for more than 30 minutes. After that wash the face with cold warm water and then cold water (to close pores).

To my surprise, next morning, the acne wasn't painful anymore and not swollen.

Well, I also drank turmeric and honey.

My father's hobby is making medicine from herbs. When I was in my own country, he has always made small capsule-like tablets of Honey and Turmeric and asked me to take daily. Seriously, I didn't have any acne or pimple in my face at that time and didn't even have dark circles around my eyes. But I hated to take that medicine!!... You know the smell of Turmeric.,,, Imagine taking of smelly turmeric everyday... it was realli painful..

Therefore, after leaving home, I no longer take this medicine. And as a result, I possess acne and pimple face (it also includes my life style, school stress, etc...). So, I decided to take it again. This time, I also apply turmeric as a mask. It realli works.. If you don't wanna take it, you can just use it as the mask (turmeric and lemon).

Now I have no more acne and pimples. Plus no scars from these. :D

Turmeric works!

MemberMember
(@ajin)

Posted : 10/06/2009 2:20 pm

Hi friends, turmeric powder is really effective on acne and pimples. I never used any cream or lotion for the acne and pimples. It is very simple treatment, just take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and add some water or milk to make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your acne or pimples for only 15 min or more then wash it with warm or cool water, and see the magic after 2-3 days. I always use this treatment when i suffers with pimples. Turmeric powder is also effective on cough, before you are going to sleep just drink half glass of warm milk by adding one or half teaspoon of turmeric power in it.