Notifications
Clear all

turmeric magic healing!

MemberMember
(@decas)

Posted : 05/03/2011 12:32 pm

How much time do I need to keep turmeric mixture on my face?

MemberMember
(@dragonfly21)

Posted : 05/03/2011 2:20 pm

How much time do I need to keep turmeric mixture on my face?

i leave it on for 15 minutes. u could do it for 10min and see how that goes

MemberMember
(@decas)

Posted : 05/03/2011 2:25 pm

What if I have much time? If keep it longer, for instance 1 hour or longer, maybe I would get more effect?

MemberMember
(@dragonfly21)

Posted : 05/03/2011 2:36 pm

perhaps? but that stains are way harder to get out if left on for too long :(

What if I have much time? If keep it longer, for instance 1 hour or longer, maybe I would get more effect?
MemberMember
(@ecksbocks)

Posted : 05/12/2011 8:14 pm

hey guys, i've been using a turmeric paste for 3 weeks now on my 8 month old red makrs and i haven't seen much improvement, but i am going to stick with it because i will literally do anything to get these marks to fade faster. i also started taking turmeric supplements with black pepper about 3 days ago. How long will it take to see results from this regimen? i've stopped benyzol peroxide because im pretty sure that was the thing that was making my red marks slower. I'm also using Retin-A gel at night, but that doesn't seem to be helping me at all as i've been using it for 8 months already and all my red marks are still there. So basically, do you think these red makrs will fade significantly by september and the start of the school year? any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

MemberMember
(@dragonfly21)

Posted : 05/13/2011 11:54 am

hey guys, i've been using a turmeric paste for 3 weeks now on my 8 month old red makrs and i haven't seen much improvement, but i am going to stick with it because i will literally do anything to get these marks to fade faster. i also started taking turmeric supplements with black pepper about 3 days ago. How long will it take to see results from this regimen? i've stopped benyzol peroxide because im pretty sure that was the thing that was making my red marks slower. I'm also using Retin-A gel at night, but that doesn't seem to be helping me at all as i've been using it for 8 months already and all my red marks are still there. So basically, do you think these red makrs will fade significantly by september and the start of the school year? any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

8months is pretty old... Yeah I think that they should have faded some by fall... I'm not saying completely but there shoulf be a difference. U should keep a weekly picture diary to see ur progress and to use as motivation 🙂

and your dead on about the BP -_____-

MemberMember
(@ecksbocks)

Posted : 05/14/2011 11:00 am

yeah, thanks man :D im seeing a lot more improvement in my newer marks with the turmeric, but those 3 or 4 old stubborn ones which stand out the most are still as strong as ever, but at least im seeing a little improvement even if it's gradual. ill keep you updated!

MemberMember
(@dragonfly21)

Posted : 05/14/2011 11:05 am

Yay!!! Congrats Ecksbocks

MemberMember
(@happy1985)

Posted : 05/16/2011 3:08 pm

I have some in my pantry I should try this!

I have some in my pantry I should try this!

MemberMember
(@soccerfan987)

Posted : 05/16/2011 8:01 pm

Does mixing turmeric root powder with lemon juice work better than mixing with milk to fade red marks?

MemberMember
(@dragonfly21)

Posted : 05/17/2011 10:46 am

Couldn't tell you personally since I've never tried it myself... however I heard that lemon does irritate the skin a little on certain ppl... You could still try it out tho to see if ur skin can handle it?? :) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@soccerfan987)

Posted : 09/15/2011 4:06 pm

Does anyone else have an opinion on which works better? Turmeric mixed with Lemon Juice or Turmeric mixed with Milk? I am looking to fade red marks while avoiding a new breakout.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/23/2011 10:41 pm

has tumeric healed anyones acne here?

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 10/23/2011 2:39 pm

I just started using Vicco Turmeric Cream (comes with or without sandalwood oil, I have it with the sandalwood), it is AWESOME and it doesn't stain your face at all. It really helps with red marks and acne. I am loving it so far. The Sandalwood Oil is fine for acne, I think it is good for anti-aging, but it smells super strong. But, I don't mind smelling like incense, if I can get clear skin. :)

It is cheap too, I got mine on Amazon.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 12/14/2011 1:16 am

I just started using Vicco Turmeric Cream (comes with or without sandalwood oil, I have it with the sandalwood), it is AWESOME and it doesn't stain your face at all. It really helps with red marks and acne. I am loving it so far. The Sandalwood Oil is fine for acne, I think it is good for anti-aging, but it smells super strong. But, I don't mind smelling like incense, if I can get clear skin. 🙂

It is cheap too, I got mine on Amazon.

I use Vicco as well! It's so popular here.

I use it as spot treatment, works BEST on my whiteheads (gone overnight usually). I feel like its speeds up the healing of my zits as well.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/14/2011 5:10 am

Where can I buy turmeric powder? Can I just get it from my grocery store in the spice aisle or is it some kind of special product?

MemberMember
(@maimy)

Posted : 12/17/2011 10:19 am

Where can I buy turmeric powder? Can I just get it from my grocery store in the spice aisle or is it some kind of special product?

You can get the powder in the spice aisle of most supermarkets.

I'd love to try this with manuka honey. What are the benefits of mixing it with milk?

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 12/18/2011 3:31 am

I think milk prevents it from staining.

MemberMember
(@horses1324)

Posted : 02/12/2012 10:32 am

i will try this but do you put it on your whole face or just the scars?

MemberMember
(@josh2)

Posted : 02/24/2012 12:23 am

whole face

MemberMember
(@manimau)

Posted : 03/30/2012 12:34 pm

Hi,

For all those who already know how wonderful turmeric is for skin I have some suggestions to make the process of applying this tedious mask. This has helped so much to calm down my skin. I dont tone or moisturize after this. This does it all. I apply this every morning for 5-10 mins and in the evening I use this as a cleanser to gently scrub face. very gently.

1) Wear some gloves to save your fingers and nails from staining. Its that simple!

2) use a sponge to apply, the kind that you use for foundations.

3) It is always better to have some oil like jojoba, coconut, olive oil as an ingredient in turmeric mask as this helps stain less and when you use a cleanser the stains come out with the oil. Be careful if you have very sensitive skin or are allergic to oils. Trust me when you take off the mask with water just pat dry using a paper tissue. I bet there will be no stains on your face and hands. THIS IS THE BIGGEST TRICK FOR USING A TURMERIC MASK. Do this and tell me how it worked for you guys!

4) I always wash my face in the kitchen sink, as its easy to just spray some bleach on it once in a week.

I hope this will make applying a turmeric mask easy for you.

And trust me it works!!!

My exact recipe: 2 heaped spoons of gram flour, 1 spoon of turmeric, 1 spoon of coconut oil, 1 spoon of jojoba oil, 2 spoons yogurt, 1 spoon fuller's earth, 1-2 drops tea tree oil, 2 spoons rosewater. Mix well and refrigerate for future uses. Its such a simple step no more 3 step systems, no more greasy moisturizers. Man I love this routine.

MemberMember
(@sparxy)

Posted : 05/18/2012 12:35 pm

Just as a follow up to Manimau...she's on the right track!!

I've been currently using turmeric/honey masks for about 3 weeks now (every other night) and my red marks (I have had them for about 2 years now) have halved in colour! (I can tell because I have to use less foundation to cover them up :D). I've suffered from quite severe acne (for the past 10 years) and have quite bad hyperpigmentation because of it. This has been the best thing I've ever used on my face. I'll give you a little insight into my current routine as well. I've stopped using beauty products, a lot of them are way to harsh for your skin. The honey itself is a brilliant moisturiser for your skin, whilst the turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial...so overall an excellent combo!! You shouldn't even need to moisturise after using this mask. Your skin might feel a little tighter but have a good look at it. Only moisturise if you really need to, I've completely cut back on it and my skin is doing a pretty good job of looking after itself now :).

What I've been doing is mixing about 5 tablespoons of honey (anything natural and organic will do the trick) with half a teaspoon of turmeric. Mix it well and apply it to your face (either your whole face or problem areas (up to you really) using an old foundation brush.

Leave the mask on for about 20 minutes or so.

The mask will come off with WARM water, and it shouldn't stain your skin. As a lot of you have been finding....fairer skin is easily stained yellow and to get rid of this, firstly, please stop scrubbing as that will make your skin worse. Simply use some olive oil and it should come right off. Keep it all natural :).

An alternative to this is using turmeric and yoghurt. Which incidentally has been used for centuries in the Indian culture, they apply this mix to brides before their wedding day and it completely softens the skin. Lemon juice is good too, but remember that it also contains natural AHAs and so can also be too harsh for your skin, so be a little wary of using it.

Hope that helps and so sorry for the long essay :P....let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@seroyal223)

Posted : 05/29/2012 8:29 pm

I've been currently using turmeric/honey masks for about 3 weeks now (every other night) and my red marks (I have had them for about 2 years now) have halved in colour! (I can tell because I have to use less foundation to cover them up biggrin.png). I've suffered from quite severe acne (for the past 10 years) and have quite bad hyperpigmentation because of it. This has been the best thing I've ever used on my face. I'll give you a little insight into my current routine as well. I've stopped using beauty products, a lot of them are way to harsh for your skin. The honey itself is a brilliant moisturiser for your skin, whilst the turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial...so overall an excellent combo!! You shouldn't even need to moisturise after using this mask. Your skin might feel a little tighter but have a good look at it. Only moisturise if you really need to, I've completely cut back on it and my skin is doing a pretty good job of looking after itself now smile.png.

What I've been doing is mixing about 5 tablespoons of honey (anything natural and organic will do the trick) with half a teaspoon of turmeric. Mix it well and apply it to your face (either your whole face or problem areas (up to you really) using an old foundation brush.

The mask will come off with WARM water, and it shouldn't stain your skin. As a lot of you have been finding....fairer skin is easily stained yellow and to get rid of this, firstly, please stop scrubbing as that will make your skin worse. Simply use some olive oil and it should come right off. Keep it all natural smile.png.

An alternative to this is using turmeric and yoghurt. Which incidentally has been used for centuries in the Indian culture, they apply this mix to brides before their wedding day and it completely softens the skin. Lemon juice is good too, but remember that it also contains natural AHAs and so can also be too harsh for your skin, so be a little wary of using it.

Hope that helps and so sorry for the long essay tongue.png....let me know how it goes!

Hey, the person who created this topic said to use the mask overnight. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know if there's anything wrong with using it overnight?

MemberMember
(@sparxy)

Posted : 05/30/2012 5:30 pm

I've been currently using turmeric/honey masks for about 3 weeks now (every other night) and my red marks (I have had them for about 2 years now) have halved in colour! (I can tell because I have to use less foundation to cover them up biggrin.png). I've suffered from quite severe acne (for the past 10 years) and have quite bad hyperpigmentation because of it. This has been the best thing I've ever used on my face. I'll give you a little insight into my current routine as well. I've stopped using beauty products, a lot of them are way to harsh for your skin. The honey itself is a brilliant moisturiser for your skin, whilst the turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial...so overall an excellent combo!! You shouldn't even need to moisturise after using this mask. Your skin might feel a little tighter but have a good look at it. Only moisturise if you really need to, I've completely cut back on it and my skin is doing a pretty good job of looking after itself now smile.png.

The mask will come off with WARM water, and it shouldn't stain your skin. As a lot of you have been finding....fairer skin is easily stained yellow and to get rid of this, firstly, please stop scrubbing as that will make your skin worse. Simply use some olive oil and it should come right off. Keep it all natural smile.png.

Hope that helps and so sorry for the long essay tongue.png....let me know how it goes!

Hey, the person who created this topic said to use the mask overnight. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know if there's anything wrong with using it overnight?

NO NO, I wouldn't use it overnight at all. I wouldn't use anything like this overnight. As good as it is...you'll end up blocking your pores. To be perfectly honest, the best advice I've ever had is not to even use moisturiser overnight. I've stopped using that (I only put it on the bits I really need it i.e if I have any dry patches). Your skin heals the best overnight, so let it do it's stuff 🙂

MemberMember
(@seroyal223)

Posted : 06/01/2012 7:43 pm

NO NO, I wouldn't use it overnight at all. I wouldn't use anything like this overnight. As good as it is...you'll end up blocking your pores. To be perfectly honest, the best advice I've ever had is not to even use moisturiser overnight. I've stopped using that (I only put it on the bits I really need it i.e if I have any dry patches). Your skin heals the best overnight, so let it do it's stuff smile.png

Okay thanks. I used it overnight and my skin looked a little spottier so maybe that's why. I'll just do it briefly before bed now smile.png

Another thing I wanted to ask was, is the mask supposed to sticky? I did a mask of just turmeric and honey, and it was pretty hard to spread on my face. I was thinking of mixing it with something less sticky