Notifications
Clear all

Look at this!!! Vitalzym for scars?!!?!

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 01/19/2009 2:25 pm

Well, it's been almost 2 months now since starting serrapeptase, and I don't think I've noticed any difference yet. I increased my dose to 6 pills a day (40,000 units each) for 2 weeks, however, I noticed increased bruising and went back to 3 pills a day. Anyway, just wanted to post my update.

MemberMember
(@namaste)

Posted : 01/19/2009 11:58 pm

hey guys. i've been taking serrepeptase 2x/day at 40,000IU for about a month and although i can't quite tell if my face has shown any improvements i have noticed a slight improvement on the hypertrophic scars i have on my shoulders. they have flattened out a bit. i'll keep an eye on them and note how they look in another month or two.

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 01/28/2009 1:47 am

Well, I've been taking Serrapeptase for two months and haven't seen any improvement at all.

I think this doesn't help at all with pitted scars, on the contrary, it might make them worse.

As mentioned before, I have a scar on my forehead that was really bad, but I had gotten a lot of improvement from needling on this scar before. While taking Serrapeptase, I needled the scar again, but all the previous improvements I had gotten from needling were reversed and made worse.

I have stopped using this and will never take it again.

My advise to everyone is don't waste your time trying this and risk making your scars worse.

Does anyone else have any updates?

MemberMember
(@isaiah87)

Posted : 02/04/2009 7:27 pm

Well, I've been taking Serrapeptase for two months and haven't seen any improvement at all.

I think this doesn't help at all with pitted scars, on the contrary, it might make them worse.

As mentioned before, I have a scar on my forehead that was really bad, but I had gotten a lot of improvement from needling on this scar before. While taking Serrapeptase, I needled the scar again, but all the previous improvements I had gotten from needling were reversed and made worse.

I have stopped using this and will never take it again.

My advise to everyone is don't waste your time trying this and risk making your scars worse.

Does anyone else have any updates?

Don't you think your outcome had to do with the needling and not the serrapeptase? I mean the science behind serrapeptase would in no way lead to your scras getting worse...unlike needling.

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 02/17/2009 11:46 pm

I thought I'd give you guys an update: Well it's been a few months and I must say that at first I noticed a visible difference. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but my skin seemed to look smoother than before I started taking Serrapeptase. I also experienced other positive effects by taking these supplements, such as being able to digest much more efficiently. In the end, serrapeptase has benefits that are overall good for your body, but as far as taking them for acne scars it seems unlikely they will do much. At the end of the day my scars looked the same, it's just the initial dose that seemed to temporarily smooth out some of the edges of my scars. I personally have taken a much more natural path in trying to rid my scars, and so far it seems to be going good. My diet has changed considerably, my mental health is much more clearer and positive, and my skin seems to be reacting well to the potency of a healthier, more efficient physiology. I'm still trying to find the 'cure' but I feel I'm at least progressing. Anyway, thought I'd let you guys know how I fared with this supplement. Anyone else want to update? It seems like it works to a point, but I just decided to stop taking supplements in general. What really helped me deal with these scars is by fasting for a few days FYI.

OREVWAH

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 02/19/2009 2:27 pm

I've been taking the serrapeptase for about 3 months now (40,000 units 3 x daily) and have not seen any results yet. I'm going to up the dose to 4 x daily. I don't have high expectations with it, however, I do plan on taking the supplement for atleast six months to a year. Again my scars are over 10 years old, with a few newer ones, and all different kinds and depths. I know it's supposed to be an anti-inflammatory, but I have also not seen a difference in my breakouts. I will keep updating monthly.

MemberMember
(@ivan102)

Posted : 02/20/2009 3:57 am

My biology class teaches me that, because enzymes are also proteins, they will be digested in the G.I. tract by other enzymes. No enzyme will be absorbed into systemic circulation. I don't know about this product though.

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 06/06/2009 10:11 am

So, I thought I'd give an update. I've been using the serrapeptase for 5 months now (would be 6, but I skipped a month) and haven't noticed a difference. I'm still taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening on an empty stomach. I'm going to continue taking them because they're not expensive and there is the off chance that it might eventually do something if given more time. Anyone else still using this or Vitalzym?

MemberMember
(@rentstuff)

Posted : 06/23/2009 9:56 pm

So, I thought I'd give an update. I've been using the serrapeptase for 5 months now (would be 6, but I skipped a month) and haven't noticed a difference. I'm still taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening on an empty stomach. I'm going to continue taking them because they're not expensive and there is the off chance that it might eventually do something if given more time. Anyone else still using this or Vitalzym?

If serrapeptase didn't work for you, why don't you try the other systemic enzyme "Nattokinase"? Maybe it could work? I'm also gonna buy mine on iHerb. I got a 5$ coupon for Acne.org members, use code MOL199 at checkout

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 10/20/2009 1:30 pm

I took the serrapeptase for about 9 months and not even the slightest change in scarring. I will no longer be taking this product.

MemberMember
(@ceciliar)

Posted : 10/20/2009 1:45 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone ever tried needling and applying this directly to the face afterward? By this I mean, pouring it out of the capsule and using your finger to put it on your skin.

Just thought I'd ask.

C.

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 08/23/2011 3:42 pm

Updates?

MemberMember
(@aeth)

Posted : 02/08/2013 4:26 pm

Does anyone know if Vitalyzm is basically wobenzym + serrapeptase?

Do those other enzymes really help or is it mainly the serrapeptase?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/11/2013 1:24 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 10/12/2013 9:44 am

So I guess it doesn't work, not even the slightest bit of improvement? :(

MemberMember
(@jencanpost)

Posted : 01/13/2014 9:06 pm

Just found this thread by searching vitalzym and stretch marks. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but, I have been taking vitalzym since Thursday. It is Monday. My stretch marks have almost disappeared. I was not taking it for this reason. I had no idea it would have this effect. If it was not my own skin I would not believe it.

I do not have acne scars so I can't say anything to that effect. I take 4-6 pills in the morning with no food 1 hr before or after and same at night. If I can I also take a dose in the afternoon.

Luckily my acne issues have basically ended due to stopping birth control and probably age (34).

Since I am here I will also add I found benefit pore-fessional primer got rid of these deep little hard white spots under my skin that I read were in curable. How ever it was also close to that time that I was using apple cider vinegar cut half with water and coconut oil as moisturizer. For anyone who has die off symptoms as a result of taking pills like these I can guarantee your acne is a result of candida. My skin got much better when I got that under control. Good luck to everyone.