Notifications
Clear all

Look at this!!! Vitalzym for scars?!!?!

MemberMember
(@scarcrash)

Posted : 11/21/2008 8:10 pm

Well, this is interesting that this topic has come up again. I wrote about the possibility of using these enzymes to help with scarring quite a while ago.

Just a few weeks ago, someone sent me a personal message on another forum of a different website. I don't even know this person and the message came out of nowhere. I had been speaking about my scarring and my quest to find something that would help me with my scars.

This was the message I received in my PM:

"I read your post and I just wanted to say that I grew up with untreated acne because my parents weren't able to take me to the doctor which scarred as I turned into an adult.

I've tried it all too. I ran into a miracle for me last year. VITALZYM. It has worked wonders for me. The price is around $36-40. I started off taking 2 a day for 6 months and now I take 3 a day for a year now, with seeing 80% improvement for acne scars. It is the most powerful scar eating supplement on the market.

I mentioned this to a derm doc and plastic surgeon who both said it would do minimal work and were both wrong.

Try it in combination with some good eating/hygiene habits.

Best of wishes to you..."

I have since purchased at least a six month supply of these enzymes. I'll let you know how I progress.

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 11/21/2008 11:44 pm

^ That's awesome.

I've been taking serrapeptase (one of the main ingredients in vitalzyme), 40,000 units twice a day for a month now. And knowing how people are in this forum, no one will believe me, so I figured I'd wait a few months before noting any improvement. HOWEVER, when I go in the worst lighting (yeah I'm obsessive about this stuff), I've seen about a 25% improvement, no exaggeration. I'm 100% sure of this improvement. I have pretty horrible scarring on my forehead and temples btw.. which is where I've been seeing the most improvement. My more shallow scars on certain parts of my cheeks, not a noticeable difference.. probably because they are only shallow. I just ordered 2 more bottles out of pure excitement for seeing that something is actually working.

Now for those who don't believe me and think this is probably all in my head, give me another few months and I'll update. ;) If there's not much improvement from what I have now, I'll tell the truth completely.

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 11/22/2008 7:25 pm

I ordered the serrapeptase two days ago...I'll let everyone know how it works.

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 11/22/2008 7:28 pm

Very interesting...

Does serrapeptase work as well as Vitalzym?

I'm kind of in a tight budget so I'm trying to save whenever possible.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 11/23/2008 10:58 am

We should also probably include in our reviews how old our scars are...that might make a difference in how well the Vitalzym/serrapeptase works. I'm 30, and my scars are probably a little over 12 years old now, so I'm a little scared it won't work as well for me. I'm hoping and praying anyway.

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 11/23/2008 1:17 pm

^ Good idea about descsribing our scars.

I'm turning 20 in less than two months. I've had my scars only since about summer of 2007 after having a terrible, excruciatingly painful breakout that covered my entire face. The scars that are most noticable are on my forehead and temples, especially when I wear makeup (it tends to settle.) I'd call them shallow scars, though some are a bit deeper. On my cheeks, it's less noticeable but I do have some shallow scarring.

I tried googling a picture of what it looks close to.. but can't find any good examples. In really awkward bright florescent lighting though where my scars are extra noticeable and looks a lot worse, I'd say my scars are similar to this woman's, only on my forehead rather than cheeks.

^I'd say its a bit more shallow than hers though... I'm having trouble finding a better example

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 11/23/2008 5:52 pm

I just ordered serrapeptase, I'll report how that works for me.

Mandy Ann, how's your acne now?

What you mentioned is similar to how I got my scars. During most of my teen I only had very mild acne, which never scarred. When I was 18, for some reason I got moderate/severe acne for just a couple of months. I almost completely cleared up soon after, but I was left with a ton of scars. :(

I'm 26 now, my scars have improved significantly over the years by doing peels and needling.

Hopefully taking serrapeptase will help further.

MemberMember
(@silverlake)

Posted : 11/28/2008 5:47 am

Do you think this would also work with white stretch marks? In theory, at least?

I'm considering ordering this but I was thinking that white stretch marks -unlike red ones- don't have a blood supply anymore, or do they? So how would the enzyme reach the area to do its work...? I guess there's no harm in trying though, just wanted to know what others think. Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/03/2008 2:11 pm

Hi,

I'm trying serrapeptase for my acne scarring since last week(40000 units per day). Unfortunately I broke out badly and I do not know if this happened because of the enzym. Yesterday I stopped the intake of serrapeptase and my skin is much clearer now. So my question is, did anybody else made such experience? Questio n to Mandy or other users: Did you get further results by using the serrapeptase? Thanks

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 12/05/2008 2:55 am

Vitalzym sounds interesting, especially since I've seen claims that it can help Colitis which I suffer from.

Hola CrappySkin,

Was wondering how you and others on Serrapeptase are doing so far. A quick update?? :D

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/05/2008 6:46 am

yeah, an unpdate would be nice. Mandy Ann - you wrote in another thread that you broke out in november, while you took the flax lignans and you guessed that this was the cause of your breakout. Beside of the flax you also swallowed the serrapeptase pills. So my question is: Couldn't the serrapeptase be the cause of your new acne pimples. So for me it is interesting to know if your acne improved after quitting the flax lignans. As I wrote I broke out a few days after taking the first serrapeptase pill(one per day) and the acne improved after quitting. My acne pimples were very untypical that means they were relatively small(every with a white dott) but in a very high number only around my nose (maybe like an allergy). So I ask again: Did anybody else made such experience in connection with this enzym? Thanks

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 12/05/2008 1:45 pm

I just ordered serrapeptase, I'll report how that works for me.

Mandy Ann, how's your acne now?

What you mentioned is similar to how I got my scars. During most of my teen I only had very mild acne, which never scarred. When I was 18, for some reason I got moderate/severe acne for just a couple of months. I almost completely cleared up soon after, but I was left with a ton of scars. :(

I'm 26 now, my scars have improved significantly over the years by doing peels and needling.

Hopefully taking serrapeptase will help further.

I'd say my acne is mild/moderate. When I do break out, its always hormonal from PMS.

Do you think this would also work with white stretch marks? In theory, at least?

I'm considering ordering this but I was thinking that white stretch marks -unlike red ones- don't have a blood supply anymore, or do they? So how would the enzyme reach the area to do its work...? I guess there's no harm in trying though, just wanted to know what others think. Thanks! :)

I wonder about this myself! I have a few stretch marks between my thighs unfortunately... but I don't want to give any definite answer because some days, they seem shallow and unnoticable while other days, they seem a bit worse. Not sure why lol...

Hi,

I'm trying serrapeptase for my acne scarring since last week(40000 units per day). Unfortunately I broke out badly and I do not know if this happened because of the enzym. Yesterday I stopped the intake of serrapeptase and my skin is much clearer now. So my question is, did anybody else made such experience? Questio n to Mandy or other users: Did you get further results by using the serrapeptase? Thanks

You know, I wonder about this myself as well. When I started taking serrapeptase, I did get a moderate breakout, but I just associated it to PMS. I can't say for sure. You mentioned down below about how I took flax lignans and broke out and how it could have been the serrapeptase. When I stopped the lignans, my skin cleared up, so I'm 90% sure it was from that. HOWEVER, it wouldn't suprise me if the serrapeptase did cause some breakouts because it's very known to give a "die off reaction" (like people when they do liver cleanses or kill off candida.. they go through a "die off" period and their acne gets worse before it gets better.)

My skin is fine now apart from a small breakout I had that was for sure related to PMS. If I continue breaking out, I'll update.

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/05/2008 5:02 pm

You know, I wonder about this myself as well. When I started taking serrapeptase, I did get a moderate breakout, but I just associated it to PMS. I can't say for sure. You mentioned down below about how I took flax lignans and broke out and how it could have been the serrapeptase. When I stopped the lignans, my skin cleared up, so I'm 90% sure it was from that. HOWEVER, it wouldn't suprise me if the serrapeptase did cause some breakouts because it's very known to give a "die off reaction" (like people when they do liver cleanses or kill off candida.. they go through a "die off" period and their acne gets worse before it gets better.)

My skin is fine now apart from a small breakout I had that was for sure related to PMS. If I continue breaking out, I'll update.

Hi Mandy,

thanks for your fast response. It's fine that your acne cleared up.

I did not get one thing: What do you mean with "die off reaction"?

It is comprehensible that people can get an die of reaction in connection of candida and gut cleansing. But why should somebody get a die off reaction in connection with serrapeptase? It would be very nice if you can mention a source for that claim. Did you get further improvements with serrapeptase and how much do you take currently?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/05/2008 9:01 pm

I've been taking the serrapeptase as well, and I think it is working some. I also think I experienced a healing crisis as well from it, I got some headaches the first week while taking it. I read this can happen as the enzyme can release toxins from the system. If you think about it if it is dissolving scar tissue in you, that may turn toxic. One of my little scars actually looks a bit worse because perhaps the inflammation that was keeping it raised is completely gone, or the scar tissue is being dissolved and it will look more indented before the collagen builds it up again. Kind of like TCA cross will make your scars look worse before better. I can see it taking a long time to effect my larger scars though. I am only taking two to three pills a day, they are the enteric coated kind.

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/06/2008 1:33 am

I've been taking the serrapeptase as well, and I think it is working some. I also think I experienced a healing crisis as well from it, I got some headaches the first week while taking it. I read this can happen as the enzyme can release toxins from the system. If you think about it if it is dissolving scar tissue in you, that may turn toxic. One of my little scars actually looks a bit worse because perhaps the inflammation that was keeping it raised is completely gone, or the scar tissue is being dissolved and it will look more indented before the collagen builds it up again. Kind of like TCA cross will make your scars look worse before better. I can see it taking a long time to effect my larger scars though. I am only taking two to three pills a day, they are the enteric coated kind.

Are you sure that new, lost colagen will be built up? How does the body know, if he should create new collagen on areas there only scar tissue was. Maybe I became a little too sceptic and afraid now that things can get worse, but this is just a thought. How long are you taking the serrapeptase?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/06/2008 12:08 pm

Are you sure that new, lost colagen will be built up? How does the body know, if he should create new collagen on areas there only scar tissue was. Maybe I became a little too sceptic and afraid now that things can get worse, but this is just a thought. How long are you taking the serrapeptase?

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/06/2008 5:19 pm

I guess in theory it will help to dissolve the scar tissue until gone, hopefully from the bottom up, and as the scar tissue dissolves, new healthy skin can take it's place. I also have a newer scar and I'm hoping to at least prevent that from being permanent. I won't be shocked if my older one's don't completely go away. I do notice some differences like I said in tiny one's so maybe they are being reshaped. I'll stay on it for at least another month and then decide if I want to order more. I probably will as it is a good anti-inflammatory to prevent acne.

If you were asking how the body knows not to produce MORE scar tissue, as it was programmed to do from the infection, well healing without infection could prompt this, as well as healing while taking the enzyme, as the enzyme is supposed to prohibit scar formation.

Ok, I wish you good luck with your treatment. Did you have an acne breakout after taking the serrapeptase? Please inform us about your results.

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/14/2008 12:16 pm

Any Updates?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/14/2008 1:08 pm

I didn't have an outbreak. I think my skin has been less inflamed since taking this, but not sure if it will be the cure I need for my scars. I know you have to be really patient though, so I will give it time. I have needled a little on old scars, but won't do anything to new scars as I think you should wait a year before needling on them. So if my newer scars improve significantly with no other treatment, I'll probably thank the pills.

MemberMember
(@changelife)

Posted : 12/14/2008 2:53 pm

I didn't have an outbreak. I think my skin has been less inflamed since taking this, but not sure if it will be the cure I need for my scars. I know you have to be really patient though, so I will give it time. I have needled a little on old scars, but won't do anything to new scars as I think you should wait a year before needling on them. So if my newer scars improve significantly with no other treatment, I'll probably thank the pills.

Good to hear that you got benefit by taking these pills. I discontinued to take the serrapeptase because of the mentioned problem. My skin is much less inflamed now and I did get only a few new small zits. Maybe I will take the serrapeptase again later every other day, but for now I'm to anxious to get an huge outbreak again. Good luck with your treatment.

MemberMember
(@djfunz)

Posted : 12/14/2008 4:59 pm

I think the best way to represent your progress is to take before and after pictures under the exact same lighting. Pictures speak a thousand words.

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 12/17/2008 3:16 am

Hi,

I did not get any breakouts at all and I started taking 3 capsules a day as soon as I received them.

I got the 'Doctor's Best' brand. I just read each capsule has 40,000 units.

Anyone knows the exact amount we should take?

BTW, is there an expiration date on this? I can't seem to find one on the bottle.

MemberMember
(@zenergy)

Posted : 12/22/2008 3:10 pm

I've been taking the serrapeptase for one month as of tomorrow -- I have not noticed a difference yet, but thought I should update atleast once a month. Again, my scars are mostly over 10 yrs old, and I have all kinds (rolling, icepick, etc.) that are mostly moderately deep, with about 3 or so deeper ones. I do still break out since coming off Diane 35 and have not noticed an increase or decrease in the number of breakouts. I've been taking the Doctors Best brand 2-3 x's a day (40,000 units).

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 12/22/2008 5:13 pm

I thought I'd update as well. Things are still the same since the last time I reported. Same improvement, no change since then. It's obviously something that is going to be slow working though. As for breakouts, I'm still breaking out a ton for some reason, but I blame that on other reasons ie: too much drinking, certain supplements I introduced, etc. I'm not sure if the serrapeptase is contributing to my breakouts a little bit or not.

MemberMember
(@tj101)

Posted : 12/31/2008 11:53 am

Is anyone taking serrapeptase doing anything else, like needling?

I needled one of my scars about a week ago and it looks worse now than ever.

I have previously needled this scar (before started taking serrapeptase) and had achieved great results from to previous needlings on the same scar.

This time I needled it looks worse than I ever remember. Perhaps it's not a good idea to do needling while taking serrapeptase.

What are your thoughts on this?