Notifications
Clear all

My MiXto Micro Fractional Laser Treatment Journal (W/Pics Before, During, & After +)

MemberMember
(@jobee87)

Posted : 11/25/2008 12:29 pm

Hello people,

Jobee, definately, your skin looks better !

Well, I'm at day 15 after my mixto experience and my skin is still pink.

It looks not better yet.

I have 8 visible scars on the face, due to the varicella, and 4 of them are really deeper than your scars or acne scars in general, that's why I think that Mixto can't be miraculous on my skin.

My dermatologist also think some of theses scars will be visible my whole life.

I'm shoked by the price of your treatement cauz here in France, I pay 150 euros (180 US$) for the 2 cheeks and for one Mixto treatment. I'll have 5 or 6 during one year.

Jobee, will you have another mixto experience? Mine is on January 9th.

Thanks, everyone seems to be telling me they see improvements, sometimes when the light hits it just right im not sure. I think the scar color is better for sure.

Yeah, still being pink is normal. It may be different for everyone. I was semi pink in that area for a month and a half before it started to not notice it. Just takes time.

I know MiXto isnt the end all scar treatment, so maybe in a few years there will be something to take care of your deeper scars.

Jeeze, $180?! I thought i got a good deal kinda. For the difference of two treatments I could have bought a ticket to France and had it done there. :) Not really.

I have my next treatment scheduled for December 9th; however, I just saw i may not get out of school then so i will push it back a week.

I will take pictures again this saturday.

MemberMember
(@missleni)

Posted : 11/26/2008 9:24 am

Well, for the price, i'm not in Paris but in the country. In paris I think it's 500$ for one mixto treament.

Anyway, the health price in general is lowest in France than in USA.

Last time, i had my Mixto on Friday and i worked the next Wednesday, so only 4 days off and it was good with some make up.

I'm waiting for your next pics.

MemberMember
(@raneydae)

Posted : 01/06/2009 1:04 pm

Thanks for this thread. I just had the Mixto done yesterday, and honestly, had no clue what I was getting myself in for! I did a package deal kind of thing, with 5 different laser treatments, and haven't had a a lot time to research each one.

I knew I'd need a couple days downtime, but I didn't really think it'd be too bad. Looking back, I really really wished I had taken some pain meds beforehand. During the procedure, I felt like the numbing cream wore off fairly quickly and then it felt like lots of burning hot needles going into every pore of my skin, about 30 at a time! I mean, I survived through it, I just wasn't prepared at all. I usually have a good pain tolerance too...I really think maybe the numbing cream wore off or something...

I also wasn't prepared for the funny white dots it leaves all over your face afterwards and that I'd be constantly keeping ointment on my face for 3-5days. Good thing I'm still on holiday break!

After the procedure was the most painful for me. My face was hot, swollen and throbbed...plus I looked really weird! I had to go through a pharmacy drive-thru when a nice guy sold me bottled water and ibuprofen just so I could make the 45 min. drive home.

After about an hour, the pain was mostly gone, thank god. My face is still really red and the white bumps have turned brown, but so far all is good. I hope that this laser is worth it - I've already had the Smoothbeam and Thermage and have really noticed a decrease in oil production...so I'm hopeful that I'll notice something with this one too.

Anyways - I wasn't able to take pictures (my camera is being stupid), but I'll try to update in a few weeks to see if it is worth it! :)

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 01/11/2009 5:34 pm

So raneydae, how is it going? I would be interested to see pics and/or hear about the progress. I still can't decide yet if it helped my skin or made me look worse. I am trying the ND Yag laser right now b/c I was scared to do mixto again. I still might; I just couldn't go through the pain again!!!! It's intense, isn't it?

Miss Leni, how are you?

MemberMember
(@missleni)

Posted : 11/04/2009 5:27 am

Hi everybody, the frenchy is back :)

Well, first I apologize caus i didn't come for a while but I was pregnant :) so i stopped my mixto treatment for 9 months. Now my little daughter is here and i had my third treatment of mixto on october and i'll have another this afternoon.

I can say after 3 mixto treatment my varicella scars are better, but my skin isn't perfect....

I would say 25% improvement.

For the last treatment, the dermatologist treated 4 times each scars, and my skins was red/pink almost 2 weeks, lol.

I have 2 really deep scars on the cheek and unfortunately, that will stay for the rest of my life, but after 5 or 6 mixto treatment, i'll try hyaluronic acid injection in the deepest scar...

Jobee or the others who had a mixto treatment, what's your point of view after months?????

Sorry for my bad english, i didnt practise for a while

MemberMember
(@rose123)

Posted : 12/28/2009 2:57 pm

Hello Jobee,

I really like to know how you are doing! Has the collagen done is work? Its very hard to find info about de mixto, especially after een few months! The results should be definite now.....

Mij problem is little acne scars en big pores. Hopefully you will reply.

I am also a foreigener, so i hope mij Englisch is not too bad.....

Greetz

MemberMember
(@kaiji88)

Posted : 07/07/2010 5:25 am

I am reviving this thread as I've had a mixto fractional co2 laser yesterday.

I hope to keep updating my progress.

Cheers

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 07/07/2010 8:14 am

i wish you the best of luck... take good care of your skin and rememebr that the after care is just as important as the treatment itsel f

MemberMember
(@kaiji88)

Posted : 07/08/2010 7:01 am

Heres what has happened so far.

I trust my derm. He has shown me lots of pictures of patients he has treated so far and is a very well known laser derm in Australia. He has told me that I will be happy with one treatment. I have alot of pickaxe/rolling scars on my cheeks. A big patch of them. Has some redness also. Alot of it came from my accutane treatment 2 years ago. Doc says its mild.

He started me out on a Cosmelan treatment 2 weeks prior to mixto. This is prevent hyperpigmentation since he will be doing 180 microns (very aggressive laser) on my cheeks where my acne scars are.

During mixto: painful but bearable and was burning and throbbing for an hour or 2.

Day 1: uncomfortable so it was only bearable to keep slathering on vaseline on face. Started to darkened and bronze towards the end of the day.

Day 2: Felt great and comfortable, still slathering alot of vaseline. Face was very dark and bronzed. Towards the end of the day, I noticed some peeling.

Day 3: More peeling. By the end of the day, 50% of my skin peeled off revealing pink raw skin. I noticed my scarring area looked flatter and also less red but my skin is still pink/red and may be swollen so will have to see what happens later. Skin tone looks a bit better but is hard to tell for now.

MemberMember
(@kaiji88)

Posted : 07/09/2010 5:34 am

Day 4:

Completely peeled. Face still pink but scarring has improved a little. Particularly it looks smoother and less bumpy. Saw my derm and he says that I should expect alot more improvements over the next couple months. Not only that I will be doing a cosmelan peel in a weeks time.

MemberMember
(@kaiji88)

Posted : 01/21/2011 4:46 am

It has been 7 months since my Mixto and I can tell that within that 7 months, your skin really keeps improving.

Everyone has noticed that my scarring has been better and I would have say it has improved 40%. I am due for another mixto treatment tomorrow again and hope I will not need to have another one after this.

MemberMember
(@learnedhand)

Posted : 04/15/2013 4:13 pm

Can you update us on any progress since your second treatment?