Notifications
Clear all

My MiXto Micro Fractional Laser Treatment Journal (W/Pics Before, During, & After +)

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 10/11/2008 6:08 pm

Kittykat7, please don't rush the process. I seriously doubt you will be presentable for 6pm Monday. I am not sure what the appt is, but either don't go or go as is. Don't pick or anything. So what areas did you have treated?

Jobee87, I am sorry that you are not so happy about the results. I see a difference; a small one but it seems softer in appearance to me. It's been almost 2 months for me and some days I think I look worse than before the treatment but then again I was never sure exactly how bad it really was in the first place. I guess I will do my 2nd treatment in December. I read somewhere that someone needed 4 or 5 before seeing improvements.

Ugh. Let's hope it works for us:)

MemberMember
(@mooshoo)

Posted : 10/11/2008 8:08 pm

i see a very good improvement. the scars have lost their depth and definition. your skin is not perfect but i wouldnt call it scarred anymore! keep up the pics. you will see a lot of improvement in the next several months.

take a lot of vitamin C split up over the course of the day. along with complete protein. both of these are needed in collagen synthesis. vitamin C is an essential catalyst. burn victims are given massive doses or they will not heal. you've got to take it every few hours because the half life is only a few hours.

most other mammals produce their own vitamin C. great apes including humans have a mutation so we produce 3 of the 4 components. lacking the 4th the proto-vitamin C self destructs.

as for the acne. try cutting out all dairy. milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese. that works for me. if i try to cheat i get acne the next day. even some baked goods with a lot of milk can do it if you have a lot.

MemberMember
(@kittykat7)

Posted : 10/11/2008 9:36 pm

I got it done only on my cheeks. They used the smooth beam on my forehead and any other clear areas. my full face appointment is next month. i have school on monday and i cant miss it. =( i am not sure what to do. well i have high hopes about the procedure, my scars are fairly new, since like may, and they are just a lot of red marks.i do believe the procedure will have good results, overtime skin will get better. it just needs time to build up collagen.

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 10/11/2008 11:10 pm

Well Kittykat perhaps it will be ok for you to go. And since your scars are red marks I am positive this will have a great result for you. It took care of any marks like freckles, etc, for me.

Mooshoo thanks for the vitamin C tip.

MemberMember
(@kittykat7)

Posted : 10/12/2008 9:39 pm

that is awesome! im so glad to hear theres a high chance of these red marks going away. i think i will have to suck it up and go to class tomorrow night. ill probably wear a hood, its cold nowadays anyways.

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 10/15/2008 5:34 pm

So how's it going kittykat?

MemberMember
(@jobee87)

Posted : 10/15/2008 6:51 pm

So how's it going kittykat?

Yeah, where you ok to go to school on Monday?

MemberMember
(@kittykat7)

Posted : 10/15/2008 10:17 pm

Hey guys,

yes i was able to go to class. i started peeling sunday night and my goodness when it peels it peels rapidly. by 6 i only had a patch of unpeeled skin on my left cheekbone. nothing major. i didnt wear aquaphor, i put on cetaphil hydrating lotion. by the next morning it was gone. my skin does feel softer. i kinda feel like she didnt use such a high strength. i dont know if thats a good or bad thing. they want to do full face in november but i think i will push it to january.

MemberMember
(@jobee87)

Posted : 10/19/2008 3:15 pm

Glad to here you're doing well Kitty. Any more updates?

Day 25 update:

So overall today was a good day for my skin. The entire day my face looked refreshed, almost abnormally so. My skin tone was fairly consistent throughout which is strange for me to see, I guess in a good way. I've been having a hard time comparing how i looked before to how i look now. Mentally it difficult for me to notice a difference since i see my face everyday but i do there is a positive change. I'm glad you guys see some kind of change too.

In terms of supplements I upped my dosage of Vitamin B complex, seperate niacin, and Vitamin C.

This week I separated my pictures into three folders;

One right after a shave,

one after toner,

and one after I applied moisturizer.

Let me know what you think

MemberMember
(@pogo)

Posted : 10/19/2008 7:08 pm

I know pictures don't reveal the true appearance of scars, but still, your skin looks great.

I also found it interesting when you wrote that your skin looked abnormally good on a certain day. For me, the variance in my appearance is one of the hardest parts of having scars. One day my skin will look ok and I will feel great and and the next day it looks horrible and I feel horrible. It's maddening. I just wish I could have better control of knowing when myskin will look good. It sucks when you have an event to go to and the day before your skin is fine but on the day of the event it looks like crap.

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 10/24/2008 11:22 am

Hi Pogo, just curious...have you had any sort of treatments done?

MemberMember
(@missleni)

Posted : 11/10/2008 5:29 pm

Hi everybody,

Well, first I apologise for the mistakes but i'm french. I hope i'll be understandable :)

I'd like to talk about my Mixto experience. Mixto isn't really known in france, less than 20 dermatologst use it in the whole country, so that's not easy to share experiences in french boards...

I'm 27 years old, and i have scars (10 or 12) not because of acne, but because of varicella, actually i had that illness last summer, and since i have scars exactly like acne scars.

I had my first Mixto experience last friday, and my skin started to peel this morning. I can see the scars and i definately think that's NOT better at all, i'd say that's worse now.

I hope my skin will become better in the next weeks, and i'd like to know if you (people who had a mixto experience) have noticed progress in the days, weeks or months that followed Mixto treatment?

Thank you for your answers, and again, i'm sorry for my bad english.

MemberMember
(@kittykat7)

Posted : 11/10/2008 9:55 pm

Hi everybody,

I hope my skin will become better in the next weeks, and i'd like to know if you (people who had a mixto experience) have noticed progress in the days, weeks or months that followed Mixto treatment?

Thank you for your answers, and again, i'm sorry for my bad english.

Hi , Ive had it done about six weeks ago but only cheeks, and Ive done my second treatment this past Friday as well but full face. I too started peeling this morning. To be honest I havent really noticed much. My face is glowy and nicer but the red marks I have faded somewhat but not extreme. They told me that you would continue to see improvement over the months. So I dont think you should lose hope. It takes time to build up collagen. Im not sure what kind of scars you have but I dont think a year ago is that long ago, so maybe they are still kinda new where they will go away overtime.

MemberMember
(@jorgy)

Posted : 11/11/2008 1:53 am

Hello jobee I have a question, I have had 3 chemicals peels already and I havenat see any change on my scares itas really frustrate, because I had paid 100 for each should I do the laser can anyone give any subjection. Thank you very much

MemberMember
(@missleni)

Posted : 11/11/2008 5:56 am

Hi , Ive had it done about six weeks ago but only cheeks, and Ive done my second treatment this past Friday as well but full face. I too started peeling this morning. To be honest I havent really noticed much. My face is glowy and nicer but the red marks I have faded somewhat but not extreme. They told me that you would continue to see improvement over the months. So I dont think you should lose hope. It takes time to build up collagen. Im not sure what kind of scars you have but I dont think a year ago is that long ago, so maybe they are still kinda new where they will go away overtime.

Thank you for your answer.

My scars really looks like acne scars, and i have it since june 2008, so less than one year.

My dermatologist think it's better to treat scars as soon as possible, because the Mixto can help to build up new collagen during the natural skin reconstruction.

I'm not loosing hope, but i'm just scared, because today my skin is really red and i think my scars are bigger than before my Mixto treatment.

MemberMember
(@kittykat7)

Posted : 11/11/2008 1:44 pm

Hello jobee I have a question, I have had 3 chemicals peels already and I havent see any change on my scares its really frustrate, because I had paid 100 for each should I do the laser can anyone give any subjection. Thank you very much

Have you considered the TCA peels? my doc told me those are really good for scars. But they are more expensive than $100. There are some websites were you can buy it and do it yourself for waay cheaper. Anyways if that doesnt work out maybe some lasers will do. But I kinda think there are some type of scars that wont really heal. Like the really old and deep ones.

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 11/13/2008 11:29 am

Hey, I had mixto done 3 months ago (to this day actually). I was not sure if it helped or not, and actually thought that it made them look worse too. I am not sure b/c I had freckles and the freckles were removed so the scars are much more visible. So I don't know if mixto worsened them or if they are more visible. Some days I think I see an improvement and others I think it's worse. Not sure. My scars are old, 10 - 15 years. I do think I will get another laser treatment though. I am scheduled for December, but skin has still be very dry so I might have to postpone. Not sure, but we can keep everyone updated and share stories. Why do you think, French member, that yours look worse??

MemberMember
(@missleni)

Posted : 11/15/2008 7:23 am

Hey, I had mixto done 3 months ago (to this day actually). I was not sure if it helped or not, and actually thought that it made them look worse too. I am not sure b/c I had freckles and the freckles were removed so the scars are much more visible. So I don't know if mixto worsened them or if they are more visible. Some days I think I see an improvement and others I think it's worse. Not sure. My scars are old, 10 - 15 years. I do think I will get another laser treatment though. I am scheduled for December, but skin has still be very dry so I might have to postpone. Not sure, but we can keep everyone updated and share stories. Why do you think, French member, that yours look worse??

Hi,

It looks worse because now my skin is red, so the scars are more visible. I also thinks that's deeper. I think my mixto treatment was agressive with my skin, it peeled a lot, i really believe my scars are deeper now...

I have to wait for the improvement now, that's new, only one week. I'd like to know, how much did you pay for a treatment with mixto in US?

see ya

MemberMember
(@jobee87)

Posted : 11/15/2008 12:59 pm

MissLeni, I would definitely say to stick with it for a month or so and see what happens. As you can see in my posts I didn't see that much of a different at all, but this past two weeks I've been noticing my skin has better color and perhaps the scars has lessons a bit too. For the first few weeks I was really self conscience about my redness, I understand your concerns. My derms office told me it should last longer than a week, but really it was more like a month and a half.

While I didn't think MiXto made my scars worse, i didn't see a real improvement. I always saw my scars in different lights so it was always hard to gauge how bad they were/are. Both of my MiXto treatments will be $800 together maybe close to $1,000 after taxes and their recommended moisturizer. The price seems to vary greatly from office to office.

jorgy, when i was in high school my derm's office would recommend chemical peels to help scaring and color. but personally i never saw a different either. I did notice it would make my skin feeling and looking healthy, but the scars were the same. I think you should wait and save up for something a bit more aggressive if you want to tackle the scars. Look into what Kitty recommended or even something else.

Trying111, I'm sorry to hear you think the scars didn't improve. What does your dermatologist say about this?

MemberMember
(@jobee87)

Posted : 11/15/2008 1:04 pm

Update Day 48

The redness has gone down greatly and with that it seems like my color has improved. I'm still not sure what to think. Some people say it helped a lot, and i think i see the difference except tits hard for me to tell since i see my skin everyday.

There pictures where take a week ago. I started breaking out some because i used moisturizer at night to help stop my dry skin. I think the dry skin is more of a result of weather changes rather than the procedure. I also added those vitamin supplements which could be a factor as well.

Day 48 Picture

Keep in mind, I feel my right side is scared the worse. Also these pictures are ab out 10 minutes after a shave when i haven't used toner or moisturizer yet, so my skin looks really flaky. What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@jdruler)

Posted : 11/15/2008 6:54 pm

Hey Jobee... I opened up 2 windows and put the pictures side by side and I do see a significant difference! And it hasn't even been 2 months. Looks like you're doing wonderful :)

MemberMember
(@kittykat7)

Posted : 11/16/2008 3:28 pm

I agree, Jobee your skin looks great.

MemberMember
(@trying1111)

Posted : 11/16/2008 4:33 pm

Yeah, Jobee, looks really good! Congrats!

MemberMember
(@hopeseed)

Posted : 11/17/2008 2:01 pm

I agree, I do notice an improvement.

MemberMember
(@missleni)

Posted : 11/21/2008 4:26 am

Hello people,

Jobee, definately, your skin looks better !

Well, I'm at day 15 after my mixto experience and my skin is still pink.

It looks not better yet.

I have 8 visible scars on the face, due to the varicella, and 4 of them are really deeper than your scars or acne scars in general, that's why I think that Mixto can't be miraculous on my skin.

My dermatologist also think some of theses scars will be visible my whole life.

I'm shoked by the price of your treatement cauz here in France, I pay 150 euros (180 US$) for the 2 cheeks and for one Mixto treatment. I'll have 5 or 6 during one year.

Jobee, will you have another mixto experience? Mine is on January 9th.