Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Scarless Healing

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/26/2020 6:55 am

https://practicaldermatology.com/articles/2020-oct/dermal-micro-coring-101

https://www.newbeauty.com/cytrellis-dermal-micro-coring-skin-tightening/

Google - micro coring, you find some articles, well from what i read its all about tigtening the skin, i doubt this will work for acne scars better then treatments we already have.

From what i red online its all about the fact that skin lifting is possible with surgery or to some extent with radiofrequency , but surgery is way to go if you wanna do skin lift ( f.e. lasers doesnt lift the skin ), so this is supposed to be something like micro surgery and with few treatments you can achieve great effect for skin lifting without full face surgery , thats it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/26/2020 9:30 am

If the skin is already tight, it has the ability to stretch. Tissue expansion is a common surgical practice to create more skin by stretching it slowly. They have statedpeople in their early 30s are part of their target audience for the micro face lift. The skin is still quite tight in that age group already.It's difficult to hypothesise on what theresults would be on areas of high tension such as the chest as Cytrellis has only been clinically trialled on the lower face and cheeks so far.

MemberMember
(@damnboy)

Posted : 12/28/2020 8:13 am

microcoring is not all about tightening, profes here , 10% removal of the skin with microcoring and primary closing of cores leads to 9% srinkage, otherwise without closing of the cores, you get only 3% srinkage of the area 

microc.png

check this out.

tight .png

David4bay liked
MemberMember
(@damnboy)

Posted : 12/28/2020 8:29 am

one more thing, you can go higher than 10% removal of tha area you can go even  close to 40% without scarring as studies show, but if you ask me i am confortable with 25% removal of the area every 1-2 monthes 

a.png

b.png

g.png

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 12/28/2020 5:36 pm

8 hours ago, damnBOY said:

one more thing, you can go higher than 10% removal of tha area you can go even  close to 40% without scarring as studies show, but if you ask me i am confortable with 25% removal of the area every 1-2 monthes 

a.png

b.png

g.png

oh, i've seen this study but it was locked for me. did you buy it?

MemberMember
(@damnboy)

Posted : 12/29/2020 11:03 am

7 minutes ago, damnBOY said:

i have free access fromuniversity, give me email if you want something

MemberMember
(@didikaxonim1)

Posted : 12/31/2020 1:28 pm

Happy new year I wish all of us to get rid of acne scars and stretch marks in 2021 with the help of micro-coring

MemberMember
(@anushkaaa)

Posted : 01/03/2021 2:19 am

Guys after abbvie acquired Elastagen, we didn't even heard of it . Is it coming to the market or not

MemberMember
(@damnboy)

Posted : 01/04/2021 10:22 am

On 1/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, Anushkaaa said:

Guys after abbvie acquired Elastagen, we didn't even heard of it . Is it coming to the market or not

food for thought, how tropoelastin, aninjectablematerial, will remove scars, stretch marks, acne scars without removing the flawfirst, even if it has regenerative capacity, the first thing you have to do is to remove the scar tissue..

David4bay liked
MemberMember
(@scarcure)
MemberMember
(@anushkaaa)

Posted : 01/10/2021 8:34 am

On 1/4/2021 at 8:52 PM, damnBOY said:

food for thought, how tropoelastin, aninjectablematerial, will remove scars, stretch marks, acne scars without removing the flawfirst, even if it has regenerative capacity, the first thing you have to do is to remove the scar tissue..

The thing with stretchmarks is , that unlike other scars, it's just areas where the dermis has cracked up. There is no point in removing the scar tissue here because technically there is no tissue here. Why elastagen was making news is because their products will fill these empty tissue spaces with their material via elastogenesis.second thing ,when a scar is formed , if the area is large u cannot remove the entire tissue. Microcoring can definitely help in removing them , but we cant effectively get rid of stretch marks thru it as it's going to remove healthy tissue beneath it as well everytime we go for scar tissue removal. The only thing that works here is regeneration ( which is not possible as for now) and according to people elastagen which will give us back the elastin fibres that cannot be generated back by lasers.

BTW my main question was , do u have any update regarding the tropoelastin injections? I don't see it in abbvies pipeline. I mailed abbvie and they said , it's a product under Allergan and I should contact Allergan. But Allergan doesn't respond.

MemberMember
(@gurney-shellon)

Posted : 01/18/2021 4:51 pm

I sent a mail to Rob Daniels about the JDD online article since many people here would like to see how good this thing would be on stretch marks, and he was kind enough to give me an answer. I'm sure he wouldn't mind as it's not anything secret or anything, so I'll share that with you guys:

I've read (bought) the JDD online article about tropoelastin, and it was a very interesting article !
I do wonder, however, if the public will have an opportunity to see a "before/after" set of pictures, which would show exactly how efficient this product is when it comes to repariring/fixing skin affected by stretch marks? I've read a very interesting discussion on the acne.org forum, about elastagen, and it seems that many people were wondering the same thing?
Thank you very much, I hope you're well."
Rob Daniels:
"Hi Gurney:

Many thanks for the enquiry, and I appreciate your comments on the JDD article.

Your question is of course very relevant and were aware lots of people have the same interest.

The JDD paper is the first of a series of planned publications on the Elastagen product this one focussed on preclinical studies on the properties / mechanisms of action of the product.

There will shortly be a clinical opinion paper on the importance of elastin to the skin, this should be published in a couple of months. This will be followed later this year with two publications of the clinical data from our stretch mark and acne scar studies. These latter two papers will indeed include before/after photographs and clinical safety and efficacy data so please keep a look out for these!

I hope youre keeping well and thanks again for your interest.

Best regards,

Rob"

TLDR: we'll get before/after picture comparisons this year.

Gantz, lehran, voulzeyes and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@damnboy)

Posted : 01/18/2021 4:58 pm

On 1/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, Anushka a said:

The thing with stretchmarks is , that unlike other scars, it's just areas where the dermis has cracked up. There is no point in removing the scar tissue here because technically there is no tissue here. Why elastagen was making news is because their products will fill these empty tissue spaces with their material via elastogenesis.second thing ,when a scar is Striae distensae: a comprehensive review and evidencebased evaluation of  prophylaxis and treatment - AlHimdani - 2014 - British Journal of  Dermatology - Wiley Online Library, if the area is large u cannot remove the entire tissue. Microcoring can definitely help in removing them , but we cant effectively get rid of stretch marks thru it as it's going to remove healthy tissue beneath it as well everytime we go for scar tissue removal. The only thing that works here is regeneration ( which is not possible as for now) and according to people elastagen which will give us back the elastin fibres that cannot be generated back by lasers.

BTW my main question was , do u have any update regarding the tropoelastin injections? I don't see it in abbvies pipeline. I mailed abbvie and they said , it's a product under Allergan and I should contact Allergan. But Allergan doesn't respond.

unfortunately is not that simple  strech marks has dermis, but its structure is different from normal skin , its not scar tissue but is similar to it, collagen is oriented in one direction (third pic) 

David4bay liked
MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 01/19/2021 8:04 am

15 hours ago, damnBOY said:

unfortunately is not that simplestrech marks has dermis, butits structure is different from normal skin , its not scar tissue but is similar to it, collagen is oriented in one direction (third pic)

yeah.I did not understand why it is impossible to remove the skin on the stretch marks

What worries me most is doesmicro-coring device has special attachments for point work with the skin.I do not think that what was on the video is suitable for stretch marks, rather for big areas such face

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 01/19/2021 8:55 am

-

MemberMember
(@david4bay)

Posted : 01/19/2021 10:56 am

With what I understand from the process the larger the area of skin treated the greater skin tightening you can have, so it may not matter you're hitting normal skin as it'll remove whatever you're looking to remove by shrinking the whole area, so surface level scars and stretch marks recede(or are removed) with each treatment.

MemberMember
(@sniffy)

Posted : 01/23/2021 7:56 am

On 20/01/2021 at 1:56 AM, David4bay said:

With what I understand from the process the larger the area of skin treated the greater skin tightening you can have, so it may not matter you're hitting normal skin as it'll remove whatever you're looking to remove by shrinking the whole area, so surface level scars and stretch marks recede(or are removed) with each treatment.

Recros medica claim Microcoring will remove a tattoo in 4-5 treatments spaced 1 month apart.

Im interested in getting Microcoring when its available for scars. Im not sure about scarring at the Sub cutaneous layer, as in will healthy dermis that is closing in over the top of the damaged deeper layers. Or will it be able to core deep enough that it wont matter. I think I read somewhere it can core 6mm deep.

MemberMember
(@david4bay)

Posted : 01/23/2021 2:23 pm

6 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Recros medica claim Microcoring will remove a tattoo in 4-5 treatments spaced 1 month apart.

Im interested in getting Microcoring when its available for scars. Im not sure about scarring at the Sub cutaneous layer, as in will healthy dermis that is closing in over the top of the damaged deeper layers. Or will it be able to core deep enough that it wont matter. I think I read somewhere it can core 6mm deep.

With the way I see it you're getting reduction of scar tissue(damaged skin) and also skin tightening that will be helpful to even out the skin. If the scar doesn't involve too much fat loss you may end up with slightly less of a depression in that area. Other treatments like microneedling may also help lift up the area more(who knows if the two micro procedures will be the key to lift skin totally over time) That's for acne scarring.

Fractional injury of skin actually replaces a part of scarred skin with healthy skin, it's just that the dermis has lost the info(genetically speaking) in the area to make normal skin through it's ECM so the scar will still print out scar tissue like a plank of wood to cover a hole in a cement. But when the scarred skin itself is removed fractionally and the injury is small enough it heals by contracting without scars. Reducing the scar over time.

For regular injury scars like mine, it's flat, I have normal sensation there and can see sebaceous filaments dotting the scarred skin(with pores) so the scar is surface level(got it from a water burn), microcoring should be able to get rid of the area over time. Nose scarring may be another different issue as the nose is not really skin but cartilage. When it's out we'll see how the device will be used on all areas of skin going forward. Keloid scars are a danger zone as they are recurrent and spread easily if re-injured. Hopefully it comes out this year and is both cheap enough and easy enough to do without problems.

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/25/2021 7:38 am

I've emailed the people involved in the trials in regards to when it will be released into the market. Does anyone know?

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 01/25/2021 7:25 pm

I have not heard anything in the news for years about anything new for acne scarring.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 01/27/2021 12:32 am

On 1/25/2021 at 5:25 PM, nikkigirl said:

I have not heard anything in the news for years about anything new for acne scarring.

Still seems 5+ years away :(

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/27/2021 9:18 am

I've received an email response (I have been added to their mailing list to receive date of release) doesn't seem too far away actually!

MemberMember
(@sniffy)

Posted : 01/27/2021 11:08 am

2 hours ago, ParisN said:

I've received an email response (I have been added to their mailing list to receive date of release) doesn't seem too far away actually!

Cytrellis?

Theyreplied me today saying they will update as soon as they can. I guess they are just waiting for FDA to make a move now

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/27/2021 2:27 pm

3 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Cytrellis?

Theyreplied me today saying they will update as soon as they can. I guess they are just waiting for FDA to make a move now

Yes from Cytrellis! I agree it's probably the FDA approvals which have been probably further delayed by COVID ... I wonder how much itwill influence scar treatment!

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 02/01/2021 6:51 am

On 1/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, ParisN said:

Do they have a mailing list? How to subscribe to it?