Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Scarless Healing

MemberMember
(@dinkumfridge)

Posted : 12/13/2020 5:24 am

37 minutes ago, F1racer said:

Can microcoring accurately remove only the scar area?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/13/2020 6:05 am

From the current array in the video, I would say not with that handpiece if you are looking for precision as that is designed for larger area coverage (anti-aging they need to remove more skin). Much like how  a lot of fractional laser/RFM is used now it is not always directed solely at the scar. However their patent also details a single microcorer. We have not seen any information from the acne scar trial so who knows what they've gone with and what the actual results are. 

cytrellis.PNG.27e8119f79c4491540529c0da6ce920c.PNG

MemberMember
(@anushkaaa)

Posted : 12/13/2020 6:47 am

9 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

I mean 5+ for elastagen being used on acne scars, @Anushkaaa

When do you think Elastagen could be used on stretch marks? My 100pound weight loss is useless as i have so many stretch marks, not a lot of loose skin tho

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/13/2020 7:13 am

2 hours ago, F1racer said:

Small surface injury heal scarlessly but so does a full-thickness hole as long as it's under 0.05. The holes they take by micro coring collapse together within 10 minutes of being taken.It takes about 5-7 days for laser holes to shut properly.That means massively reduced risk of infection and associated scarring. Biopsy does show that there is some skin rejuvenation occurring at the site-increased collagen and elastin etc, but that there is an overall loss of skin area. This is what is of interest. In trials with forced closure -10% density removal resultedin a 9% tightening of that area.

And what about fat loss ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/13/2020 8:06 am

It is thought fat loss is caused by heat damage and by disturbing the fat layer- there is no heat from this machine, and the length of the cores are adjustable.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/13/2020 8:45 am

36 minutes ago, F1racer said:

It is thought fat loss is caused by heat damage and by disturbing the fat layer- there is no heat from this machine, and the length of the cores are adjustable.

I mean , mediumand deep acne scars usually have some fatloss , also people with acne scars usually have fat loss inarea of scarring , how is micro coring supposed to solve this ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/13/2020 8:48 am

Ah I see, no problem. I already gave my thoughts on thatway back up the thread.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 12/14/2020 1:14 am

18 hours ago, Anushkaaa said:

When do you think Elastagen could be used on stretch marks? My 100pound weight loss is useless as i have so many stretch marks, not a lot of loose skin tho

Probably a similar time frame

Congrats on the weight loss! Stretch marks are a nuisance, but maintaining a healthy weight is still good for your health

MemberMember
(@didikaxonim1)

Posted : 12/14/2020 8:11 am

When will they announce the results of micro coring acne scars? Or is it after micro coring hits the market?

MemberMember
(@anushkaaa)

Posted : 12/14/2020 9:30 am

8 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

Probably a similar time frame

Congrats on the weight loss! Stretch marks are a nuisance, but maintaining a healthy weight is still good for your health

Thank you but the woman on Quora says maximum 3 years. I gained weight due to pcod, but I have Stretch Marks everywhere , it kills me

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 12/14/2020 10:48 am

2 hours ago, Didikaxonim1 said:

When will they announce the results of micro coring acne scars? Or is it after micro coring hits the market?

No one knows.

1 hour ago, Anushka a said:

Thank you but the woman on Quora says maximum 3 years. I gained weight due to pcod, but I have Stretch Marks everywhere , it kills me

Be strong!  At least you were not born 10-20 years ago) So far, cytrellis have shown one photo, in which the result after one procedure on stretch marks, (if you or anyone else didnt see, so I will attach. do not forget that this is one procedure, and the result of each next one adds up with the last  )

29318288-59F7-4DB3-848F-15B9E0747779.jpeg

MemberMember
(@david4bay)

Posted : 12/14/2020 1:45 pm

I did post the acne/straie microcoring overview a while back(just an article page that discussed results - decreased fibrosis/scarring), and kept being asked by someone as though they couldn't read or understand all the things that have been discussed here, even when I gave several information that I sourced online, from the densities of the needles and how they correspond to the percentage of skin removed to the way it can be used to correct textural scarring - the device will remove the skin and the remaining spaces clump back together to heal scarlessly. Even the pages with the most info on microcoring were written

Does it remove stretch marks? No clue, i have tons from my arms,back and hips, they don't bother me. It's possible but more information is needed.

I have a small scald scar/mark, it's flat and is normal in everything but color, this is something microcoring apparently can fix(by removing bits of it till it's gone). If you have acne scars that does not have fat loss then this could be perfect for you, other types I do not know

I stopped posting here because of the desperation spread in this forum is high and it keeps getting higher when some person's keep asking the same things over and over again someone somewhere has it much worse than you but they are happy. I've seen people with keloids on the head/face, wouldn't they trade that for acne scarring? Jason Pozner will discuss how effective microcoring is for rejuvenation next year April. Hopefully everyone ends up happy, scars or no scars. Peace.

EDIT: Thanks @F1racerfor the video, if you look closely at the console of the device it tells you percentage of skin removed with the number of needles and number of microcores it needs to make to achieve that percentage of skin removal.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/14/2020 2:21 pm

Oh thanks @David4bay, I'd never thought to zoom in that close. Yes, you're right if you look on the left hand side of the machine, it gives needlehead options. The one on left is 1 needle and the one on the right is for multiple needles. That's very useful info for the people that just wanted to core their acne scars and leave the good skin alone, it looks like you can.

MemberMember
(@anushkaaa)

Posted : 12/15/2020 5:59 am

19 hours ago, gantz said:

No one knows.

Be strong!  At least you were not born 10-20 years ago) So far, cytrellis have shown one photo, in which the result after one procedure on stretch marks, (if you or anyone else didnt see, so I will attach. do not forget that this is one procedure, and the result of each next one adds up with the last  )

29318288-59F7-4DB3-848F-15B9E0747779.jpeg

Well I am 18 years old so I was born not long ago

MemberMember
(@ecek)

Posted : 12/15/2020 5:22 pm

when will they hit the market ? (microcoring)

MemberMember
(@didikaxonim1)

Posted : 12/16/2020 1:35 am

8 hours ago, ecek said:

2021year

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 12/16/2020 10:22 am

17 hours ago, ecek said:

Probably end of 2021, or early 2020, all trials areover now, and they have conversation with FDA

David4bay liked
MemberMember
(@didikaxonim1)

Posted : 12/16/2020 10:30 am

6 minutes ago, gantz said:

Probably end of 2021, or early 2020, all trials areover now, and they have conversation with FDA

I spoke with Cathleen Alaimo, I think this is expected early next year.

MemberMember
(@ecek)

Posted : 12/17/2020 12:15 pm

On 12/16/2020 at 6:22 PM, gantz said:

when will this be on the european market?

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 12/17/2020 10:12 pm

9 hours ago, ecek said:

when will this be on the european market?

No one knows such details. We can only assume that if it finds success on US market, it will soon appear on other markets

MemberMember
(@scarface100)

Posted : 12/25/2020 3:19 pm

Just a question, if microcoring were to be used on pre-existing fibrotic scars (e.g. trauma scars) how would the skin regenerate skin appendageslike hair follicles, fat cells andglands? In order for this to be truly scarless, wouldn't these structures have to be regenerated too?Anyone read any research papers regarding this? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@gantz)

Posted : 12/25/2020 6:01 pm

2 hours ago, ScarFace100 said:

Just a question, if microcoring were to be used on pre-existing fibrotic scars (e.g. trauma scars) how would the skin regenerate skin appendageslike hair follicles, fat cells andglands? In order for this to be truly scarless, wouldn't these structures have to be regenerated too?Anyone read any research papers regarding this? Thanks!

There is no regeneration, the skin in place of the removed cores is simply pulled together (this is property of our skin)without leaving a scar

In other words, it is similar to cutting out a scar, but it does not leave its own scar compared to surgical methods.

MemberMember
(@scarface100)

Posted : 12/25/2020 10:28 pm

3 hours ago, gantz said:

There is no regeneration, the skin in place of the removed cores is simply pulled together (this is property of our skin)without leaving a scar

In other words, it is similar to cutting out a scar, but it does not leave its own scar compared to surgical methods.

So if there's no regeneration of skin appendages how can it treat pre-existing fibrotic scars? Without hair follicles, fat cells, glands etc. wouldn't the scarred skin being treatedstill look distinct from normal healthy skin, even after healed?

Also do you have a link to where I can read about the skin pulling together after the cores are removed? Sound interesting

Thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/26/2020 5:19 am

Wound contraction is the skin's natural response to injury. The full thickness cores are so small in diameter that their removal does not cause another scar. The theory is not that you're tricking it in to 'regenerating' the scar,  but rather you're tricking the body in to 'deleting' the scar and closing the gap by bringing healthy skin closer together. I would probably go back to page 421 and start reading from there. 

cytrellis-technology.gif

MemberMember
(@scarface100)

Posted : 12/26/2020 6:49 am

1 hour ago, F1racer said:

Wound contraction is the skin's natural response to injury. The full thickness cores are so small in diameter that their removal does not cause another scar. The theory is not that you're tricking it in to 'regenerating' the scar,  but rather you're tricking the body in to 'deleting' the scar and closing the gap by bringing healthy skin closer together. I would probably go back to page 421 and start reading from there. 

cytrellis-technology.gif

Interesting. So if it's based on 'deletion' of skin would this be any effective on scars on the face/body with high tension (e.g. scars on the nose, chest, forehead, etc)? I've read that micro-coring was primarily aimed at treating wrinkles and skin laxity, so I'm guessing the 'deleted' skin paves way for skin tightening... but what if the skin is already tight ?