Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Scarless Healing

MemberMember
(@lehran)

Posted : 04/16/2020 4:14 am

4 hours ago, nikkigirl said:

What happened to PolarityTE ? A cell? Isologen ?

Polarityte is still working on their product, never heard about the other two

MemberMember
(@williamtill)

Posted : 04/16/2020 9:10 am

Guys, I really want to hear about this elastagen stuff for my stretch marks. They're not severe or anything, but I can't wait to get rid of them, this is going to be a huge confidence booster for me. Should I contact Abbvie, Allergan or something to get proper news. We don't know when this is coming or anything so it's super tough to wait like this.

MemberMember
(@mybeautifulscars)

Posted : 04/18/2020 8:05 pm

On 4/16/2020 at 5:14 AM, lehran said:

Polarityte is still working on their product, never heard about the other two

Polarity SkinTE was a scam and the founders left quickly,likely jeopardized their medical careers in the longrun. At some point, the new startup was merged with a bankrupt video game company and investors were fooled into buying stock quickly. The new entity eventually was the target of multiple criminal allegations which affected the market stock value. Eventually, new researchers took over and presently believe they canturn things around.

About two years ago, Polaritystarted releasing clinical resultsincluding picsafter so called successfultrials which didn't live up to the potential hype they created themselves. The shots were actually posted here a few years back which everyone could see by scrolling back through the pages. A lot of posters had lots of faith in this product, but were let down.It wasn't scarless healing. Many of them have now dissapeared and have created hidden forums which we are not invited to join.

Polarity made those pics public for everyone to see on their website. Unfortunately since the new ownership came in, they have taken them down. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Polarity's potential at this point is nothing more than an alternative to skin grafts. Scars will form after healing even when this product is applied on the wound. Scarring may be less severe but will still be present. Also, it seems lots of patients with compromised immune systems were prone to infections which is quite normal. Our bodies scar to close wounds quickly and applying some paste made of stem cells will interfere with the natural healing process. SkinTE is not for everyone.

MemberMember
(@lehran)

Posted : 04/19/2020 4:47 am

8 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

Polarity SkinTE was a scam and the founders left quickly,likely jeopardized their medical careers in the longrun. At some point, the new startup was merged with a bankrupt video game company and investors were fooled into buying stock quickly. The new entity eventually was the target of multiple criminal allegations which affected the market stock value. Eventually, new researchers took over and presently believe they canturn things around.

About two years ago, Polaritystarted releasing clinical resultsincluding picsafter so called successfultrials which didn't live up to the potential hype they created themselves. The shots were actually posted here a few years back which everyone could see by scrolling back through the pages. A lot of posters had lots of faith in this product, but were let down.It wasn't scarless healing. Many of them have now dissapeared and have created hidden forums which we are not invited to join.

Polarity made those pics public for everyone ro see on their website. Unfortunately since the new ownership came in, they have taken them down. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Polarity's potential at this point is nothing more than an alternative to skin grafts. Scars will form after healing even when this product is applied on the wound. Scarring may be less severe but will still be present. Also, it seems lots of patients with compromised immune systems were prone to infections which is quite normal. Our bodies scar to close wounds quickly and applying some paste made of stem cells will interfere with the natural healing process. SkinTE is not for everyone.

Interesting, thank you for your input. I stopped caring about them entirely when I learned from a surgeon that their product would do nothing for stretch marks anyways(and elastagen seems to have the solution for striae)so you're not bursting my bubble or anything, but still that sucks for all the people who were hoping for something to happen. What hope is left for scars except elastagen now? I've already read someone say that sunogel was a failure on this forum, which would mean that people with scars are two options short

MemberMember
(@goblue1996)

Posted : 04/20/2020 12:22 am

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allergan-highlights-key-growth-drivers-for-medical-aesthetics-300713038.html

Here's a link I found that talks about elastagen briefly that I don't think lehran posted before. It just talks about the results of the acne scar trials they ran very briefly:"New topline data was presented on the use of TE-HA, the hydrogel containing recombinant tropoelastin, gained as part of Allergan's acquisition of Elastagen, for the treatment of adult patients with acne scars. At 6 months, 21 of 27 (78%) patients reported improvements in acne scar appearance. TE-HA also demonstrated significant reduction in acne scar depth and volume compared to the control group"

Doesn't really state how significant the improvement was and it's a small sample size obviously, but still seems like reason for some optimism and I'm not sure there's a current treatment out there that can say that over 70% of patients have improvement.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 04/20/2020 12:24 am

19 hours ago, lehran said:

I've already read someone say that sunogel was a failure on this forum

lmao Who? Who said that? It says on Sunogel's site that they've achieved scarless healing, dude. They ain't lying either. At least I don't think so. If you are concerned/curious about them (i.e. Sunogel) send them an e-mail.

[email protected]

MemberMember
(@lehran)

Posted : 04/20/2020 4:26 am

4 hours ago, goblue1996 said:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allergan-highlights-key-growth-drivers-for-medical-aesthetics-300713038.html

Here's a link I found that talks about elastagen briefly that I don't think lehran posted before. It just talks about the results of the acne scar trials they ran very briefly:"New topline data was presented on the use of TE-HA, the hydrogel containing recombinant tropoelastin, gained as part of Allergan's acquisition of Elastagen, for the treatment of adult patients with acne scars. At 6 months, 21 of 27 (78%) patients reported improvements in acne scar appearance. TE-HA also demonstrated significant reduction in acne scar depth and volume compared to the control group"

Doesn't really state how significant the improvement was and it's a small sample size obviously, but still seems like reason for some optimism and I'm not sure there's a current treatment out there that can say that over 70% of patients have improvement.

Sounds good, I managed to find percentages of improvement for stretch marks but not for acne. The problem imo is that they still need to work on box and icepic scars, which is probably why the product doesn't automatically works for all types of acne so far. The good point though, is that they mention significant reduction so far, which is good.

MemberMember
(@sniffy)

Posted : 04/20/2020 2:54 pm

Bad News for Elastagen/Allergan (Tropoelastin)...

I recently had a discussion with a reputable Dermatologist that focuses on cosmetics who has a good track record with his commentary on upcoming products. I asked himabout Elastagen (Tropoelastin) and unfortunately it probably doesn't look like its going to be a product that can deliver the results we would hope for. He said its likely going to be of most benefit to promote faster healing and improved healing that would normally require grafts especially for burns and other trauma wounds. As a cosmetic approach Tropoelastin is being mentioned alongside Allergan's other popular injectable Juvederm which is a temporary filler. Tropoelastin injections issaid to add volume to voids in the skin much like Juvederm but that will not regenerate the texture, color and tone of scars. For this reason I also believe it probably falls behind Sunogel and Microcoring in terms of genuine scarless healing potential treatments.

Sadly this sort of narrative about Elastagen falls into line with Recell and PolarityTe. They are not failed products necessarily but they didn't have the reach many had hoped for. Im aware Recell repairs the epidermis where Tropoelastin is said to repair deeper in the Dermis to help lessen scarring. People with scars want complete skin regeneration.

My hope is that Sunogel, Microcoring and maybe Tropoelastincan work in collaboration to achieve scarless healing or close to it rather than hope just one of them can be the miracle home run.

Stay home and Stay safe everyone!

MemberMember
(@mybeautifulscars)

Posted : 04/20/2020 5:13 pm

16 hours ago, goblue1996 said:

This was something I posted way back.

MemberMember
(@jargan)

Posted : 04/20/2020 5:29 pm

2 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Bad News for Elastagen/Allergan (Tropoelastin)...

I recently had a discussion with a reputable Dermatologist that focuses on cosmetics who has a good track record with his commentary on upcoming products. I asked himabout Elastagen (Tropoelastin) and unfortunately it probably doesn't look like its going to be a product that can deliver the results we would hope for. He said its likely going to be of most benefit to promote faster healing and improved healing that would normally require grafts especially for burns and other trauma wounds. As a cosmetic approach Tropoelastin is being mentioned alongside Allergan's other popular injectable Juvederm which is a temporary filler. Tropoelastin injections issaid to add volume to voids in the skin much like Juvederm but that will not regenerate the texture, color and tone of scars. For this reason I also believe it probably falls behind Sunogel and Microcoring in terms of genuine scarless healing potential treatments.

Sadly this sort of narrative about Elastagen falls into line with Recell and PolarityTe. They are not failed products necessarily but they didn't have the reach many had hoped for. Im aware Recell repairs the epidermis where Tropoelastin is said to repair deeper in the Dermis to help lessen scarring. People with scars want complete skin regeneration.

My hope is that Sunogel, Microcoring and maybe Tropoelastincan work in collaboration to achieve scarless healing or close to it rather than hope just one of them can be the miracle home run.

Stay home and Stay safe everyone!

Nothing new here pal. Just re-read the conversations that occured the last 10 pages: Elastagen is merely mentioned as the solution that will fix stretch marks, not hypertrophic scars. I asked my own dermatologist here in Berlin, and he told me that their tropoelastin-based solution is going to be revolutionary to striae distensae/striae gradivarium and stretch marks in general...not so much for the rest.

In fact, you mentioned something that's very accurate: "Tropoelastin injections issaid to add volume to voids in the skin much like Juvederm but that will not regenerate the texture, color and tone of scars"'.

Their tropoelastin-based product won't be able to do anything at first against raised scars, what it will do is fill areas devoid of skin with new skin thanks to the creation of elastin fibers.

It is, before ANYTHING else, a super promising product for getting rid of the appearance of stretch marks, as people like lehran said in the past, and that, in itself, is very, VERY big.

When it comes to serious scars, I also don't think Elastagen is going to bring a proper solution to people's worries.

TLDR: elastagen is going to be great for stretch marks, not scars. And yeah that kinda sucks for a lot of people but what are ya gonna do.

MemberMember
(@lehran)

Posted : 04/20/2020 5:47 pm

2 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Sadly this sort of narrative about Elastagen falls into line with Recell and PolarityTe. They are not failed products necessarily but they didn't have the reach many had hoped for.

Wow, this forum is active tonight.

The big difference between polaritye and elastagen is that one is still looking for funds and losing credibility by the day, while the other one was acquired for hundreds of millions of dollars by allergan, which was also acquired by one of the top 3 pharmaceutical companies in the world recently. Elastagen proved that tropoelastin can bring groundbreaking promise to fixing several skin issues, polarityte didn't.

However I, myself, have been reminding others on a constant basis that Elastagen is just not the solution for serious forms of scarring which forms excess skin above the skin level, at least right now. Basically it's like what @Valkyros said: filling up a zone devoid of healthy skin is one thing, remodeling big raised scars is another. Tropoelastin could be a solution for that in the future, but we don't know how it's really gonna work.

Tropoelastin is the logical solution for stretch marks as it activates the assembling of what wasn't there in the first place: elastin fibers. Therefore I can only agree with you about the rest: this isn't the solution for scars, at least not now.

Thank you for your input btw

MemberMember
(@mybeautifulscars)

Posted : 04/21/2020 12:51 pm

19 hours ago, lehran said:

Wow, this forum is active tonight.

The big difference between polaritye and elastagen is that one is still looking for funds and losing credibility by the day, while the other one was acquired for hundreds of millions of dollars by allergan, which was also acquired by one of the top 3 pharmaceutical companies in the world recently. Elastagen proved that tropoelastin can bring groundbreaking promise to fixing several skin issues, polarityte didn't.

However I, myself, have been reminding others on a constant basis that Elastagen is just not the solution for serious forms of scarring which forms excess skin above the skin level, at least right now. Basically it's like what @Valkyros said: filling up a zone devoid of healthy skin is one thing, remodeling big raised scars is another. Tropoelastin could be a solution for that in the future, but we don't know how it's really gonna work.

Tropoelastin is the logical solution for stretch marks as it activates the assembling of what wasn't there in the first place: elastin fibers. Therefore I can only agree with you about the rest: this isn't the solution for scars, at least not now.

Thank you for your input btw

I've got several stretchmarks on my back, buttocks, 1 stretching down my knee, inner and outer thighs. They are not noticeable except under certain lighting. More than 90% of us have these especially on the butt. For a guy, I don't see why you should be alarmed about them. I don't believe you will be flaunting your behind in a bikini anytime soon unless off course you are a girl and you absolutely believe that looks are everything.

Young girls will do anything to hide these using cosmetic products or surgery. Reality is that more than 95% of the world's most famous models have them too. What makes us human is our imperfections afterall. You can consider them normal and part of life.Now, if your stretchmarksare quite large, prominent and purple/red, than I can understand your predicament.

For my case, what really bugs me is the multiple little slightly raised white and yellowish scars that formed after years of severe acne. These cover most of my upper arms, back and shoulders. Add to these, a few pockmarks which look great under different angles. My back looks as if small amounts of acid were thrown my wayandburned me on small patches of my skin.It looks lovely. Fortunately, my face was spared. I have seen horrific facial acne scarring and luckily mine areminor imperfections.

To be honest, I have rarely seen people with substantial acne scarring as displayed by some userson this forum.Most people have a few pimples which heal without leaving a trace. Something, everyone will outgrow at a given time.

Imagine having a swollen red face oozing with pus for most of your teenage years into early adulthood. Once all this clears, you have facial pits to present to the outside world. Not to mention, patches of scarred skin throughout your body because of boils. Therefore, if tropoelastin can't help acne scarred individuals, I don't see why it needs to be discussed. Although, Allergan had published papers which stated otherwise. I posted this several years back and it was reposted again by another user. The paper does mention considerable improvements in acne scarring.

However, many products out there claimed to have achieved the holy grail of skin regeneration. None have succeeded to this day. Hopefully, tropoelastin is not another failure.

MemberMember
(@lehran)

Posted : 04/21/2020 5:56 pm

5 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

Now, if your stretchmarksare quite large, prominent and purple/red, than I can understand your predicament.

they're normal stretch marks, a few mms large and a few mms long, white and silvery old ones (slightly purple) but they're placed on most of my joins and I am still self conscious about them for sure. I understand what you say though, it's not the biggest problem in the world for sure.

MemberMember
(@alexz77)

Posted : 04/21/2020 7:02 pm

Im interested guys what year do you think we will get scarless healing?

2022? 2030? 2040? Or 2050? I really hope it will be before my 40th birthday so by 2040

MemberMember
(@scarcure)

Posted : 04/23/2020 4:44 pm

Can also scarless healing be achieved without making an incision ? i have a notch on my eyelid ... it's little and no one notices ... however it bothers the hell out of me .... would be great if we could just take a pill and no more scars .... to dream a dream.

MemberMember
(@alexz77)

Posted : 04/24/2020 3:47 pm

23 hours ago, Scarcure said:

Can also scarless healing be achieved without making an incision ? i have a notch on my eyelid ... it's little and no one notices ... however it bothers the hell out of me .... would be great if we could just take a pill and no more scars .... to dream a dream.

All of the teams that claimed that they achived scarless healing said that in order to regenerate skin you have excise whole scar tissue so if scarless healing comes they will need excise every scar in order to regenerate. It might be possible to change scar tissue into healtht tissue but its probably will take even more time

MemberMember
(@scarcure)

Posted : 04/25/2020 7:29 am

15 hours ago, AlexZ77 said:

All of the teams that claimed that they achived scarless healing said that in order to regenerate skin you have excise whole scar tissue so if scarless healing comes they will need excise every scar in order to regenerate. It might be possible to change scar tissue into healtht tissue but its probably will take even more time

Well i mean , anything can make an incision .... even a sharpened paper clip lol .... so if something is small enough and precise enough even your eyeball can be incised and the regenerative gel applied and can achieve scarfree healing ... it's a question of time when we can regenerate fully and perfectly , not if .... years ago we couldn't imagine stem cells proliferated creating new organs to transplant .... and it's now something that happens ... science is a beautiful thing.

MemberMember
(@lehran)

Posted : 04/25/2020 6:32 pm

11 hours ago, Scarcure said:

Well i mean , anything can make an incision .... even a sharpened paper clip lol .... so if something is small enough and precise enough even your eyeball can be incised and the regenerative gel applied and can achieve scarfree healing ... it's a question of time when we can regenerate fully and perfectly , not if .... years ago we couldn't imagine stem cells proliferated creating new organs to transplant .... and it's now something that happens ... science is a beautiful thing.

The really lucky generation is the one being born right now: imagine all they're going to have access when they're super young too: longevity escape velocity, scarless healing, yada yada

MemberMember
(@mybeautifulscars)

Posted : 04/26/2020 4:51 am

10 hours ago, lehran said:

The really lucky generation is the one being born right now: imagine all they're going to have access when they're super young too: longevity escape velocity, scarless healing, yada yada

Mutants.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 04/26/2020 9:23 am

On 4/23/2020 at 11:44 PM, Scarcure said:

Closest thing to that is the idea of an enzyme that dissolves scar tissue. I assume it's applied topically. If I remember correctly the Birch biomed people who work(ed) on FS2 also spoke of this.

Scarcure liked
MemberMember
(@scarcure)

Posted : 04/26/2020 4:05 pm

6 hours ago, Lapis lazuli said:

Closest thing to that is the idea of an enzyme that dissolves scar tissue. I assume it's applied topically. If I remember correctly the Birch biomed people who work(ed) on FS2 also spoke of this.

Could it be possible to apply to eyelid margins ?.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/01/2020 5:43 am

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 05/01/2020 9:37 am

https://www.x-mol.com/paper/1254921341779206144

"this is the first time scarless skin regeneration with hair follicles based on silk material systems is reported."

another good news

goblue1996 and Sniffy liked
MemberMember
(@goblue1996)

Posted : 05/01/2020 4:34 pm

6 hours ago, De Rerum Natura said:

"this is the first time scarless skin regeneration with hair follicles based on silk material systems is reported."

another good news

Thanks for posting. Thank goodness that people smarterthan me are working on stuff like this lol. It seems like using hydrogels after excising scar tissue would be the easiest way to solve scarring, but obviously it's pretty complicated. Here's my favorite part of that paper: "To the best our knowledge, it is the first time scarless wound healing similar to normal dermis has been achieved using SFbased biomaterials." This is only in rat studies so it has a way to go to being used in humans, but cool anyway.

MemberMember
(@alexz77)

Posted : 05/01/2020 10:25 pm

12 hours ago, De Rerum Natura said:

another good news

This is great news, more and more proof that hydrogels can solve scarring but I dont understand one thing why dont they rush those products to market?! Solving scarring can made bilionsof profit so why do just test it on animals and we never hear again