Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar

MemberMember
(@gellyb)

Posted : 08/09/2011 12:52 am

I use ACV as a toner, too. Instead of water I use cooled green tea and store the toner in the fridge to be used for 2 weeks. I only use it at night since the smell can be a little much.

MemberMember
(@jack101)

Posted : 08/10/2011 1:14 pm

i think it def. would mine arent huge but i have two really red ones and they are def. fading .. my acne is mild now .. but i am also 19 it was like 4 years ago.

Can you use this whilst using salicylic peel? I use the peel weekly so not sure if this would effect it?! Helppp

MemberMember
(@oxsophiaxo)

Posted : 08/11/2011 11:34 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying to read through these posts for apple cider vinegar. However, there is 90 pages under this posting!!!! Was just wondering if anyone who ACTUALLY HAS SEVERE ACNE ever saw any results using organic ACV with their breakouts and scars.

N.B.- No disrespect to anyone; just noticed that alot of people on here who have described their acne as severe acne only have it moderate or mild. Please answer if you have experienced results using this treatment with SEVERE acne. Thanks in advance!!

MemberMember
(@logic)

Posted : 09/09/2011 3:00 pm

Hi guys.

I read (parts of) this thread and knew I had to register to these forums. Been fighting with Acne for over 7 years, so I figured I might aswell give this a try. Went out and got ACV this morning after working out, haven't tried it out yet because the OP says to use a moisturiser with it.

My skin produces more oil than Saudi Arabia, so I never thought that I'd have to moisturise it as it is already glistening with oil. My question is: which moisturizer would you recommend? Are they all the same? What qualities should I look for in a moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 09/09/2011 8:40 pm

do the tablets work?

MemberMember
(@this-is-julie)

Posted : 09/12/2011 7:00 am

Does diluting the ACV make it's healing power any less potent?

MemberMember
(@tigerlily-x)

Posted : 09/13/2011 7:15 am

okay question:

why is my face all red after like 10+ minutes of ACV on it? is this normal or should i stop?!

MemberMember
(@bolt187)

Posted : 09/14/2011 4:58 am

because your face isn't used to it. When you first use ACV you should use 50/50 water avc then afte two or three weeks use 100% avc otherwise you face will get really red and also make sure you don't use it more than once a day.

MemberMember
(@basedgod)

Posted : 12/08/2011 4:24 am

Hey guys, I've been using apple cider vinegar for a month now and it seems to be working, breakouts are less severe but I do get small pimples every couple of days. I was just wondering if it would be fine to apply glycolic acid with retinaldehyde afterwards.

MemberMember
(@dreamingofclearskin2011)

Posted : 12/18/2011 12:36 pm

you used it for a month? ive been on it for 11 days and it seems to be slooooowly working for me i had a sudden break out on day 9/10 but it sees to be clearing up now

although for your question ive heard that its ok to use acv with other products i would just wait for it to be completely dry.

MemberMember
(@c0bra)

Posted : 12/26/2011 6:25 pm

Anybody know how long this takes to work for red marks/scars? I've been using it for probably a week now and I guess it restored my faces natural tone almost instantly, but These red marks and scars are still here...

I also drink 3tbl spoons of it a day.

MemberMember
(@dreamingofclearskin2011)

Posted : 12/26/2011 9:21 pm

bro i use to drink 4 teaspoons a day and apply 2 teaspoons diluted with water topically twice a day for 17 days and saw no results. not even the slightest fade. i now use organic honey on my face for 5 days and im already seeing a slight difference in the redmarks.

MemberMember
(@patrickparker)

Posted : 03/07/2012 12:31 am

I don't use a moisturizer... Just the ACV/green tea toner. You have to mess with the ratio a bit ... My skin is naturally oily and I believe this toner brings it down to a normal level. I also stopped using cleanser. Just shower with water... And wear a hat instead of using sunscreen when outside. Using alcohol free witchhazel or rosewater to mask the smell of the avc. Pretty much going all natural like an ancient Roman or Gaul in my skin routine has me feeling and looking clear. Red marks, scars, even my keloids on my chest are starting to break down and fade. This is all within 4 weeks!

Hi guys.

I read (parts of) this thread and knew I had to register to these forums. Been fighting with Acne for over 7 years, so I figured I might aswell give this a try. Went out and got ACV this morning after working out, haven't tried it out yet because the OP says to use a moisturiser with it.

My skin produces more oil than Saudi Arabia, so I never thought that I'd have to moisturise it as it is already glistening with oil. My question is: which moisturizer would you recommend? Are they all the same? What qualities should I look for in a moisturizer?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/15/2012 1:06 am

I want to open by saying that I swear by this stuff, and have firm belief in its power to cure every single one of my problems related to acne, oily skin, and my uneven skin tone; nevertheless, I had a bit of a breakdown mental experience the past two days as a result of my usage of ACV in that it simply has been causing too many whiteheads for me. I noticed that if I scrubbed these whiteheads with much force they would simply disappear, and I wrongly concluded that the reason why they kept appearing in the first place was because I wasn't using a strong enough potency of the stuff. Today on multiple occasions I put full strength ACV on my face and it really caused me to be burned. Moments after putting it on, my skin would essentially bubble and I would notice a ring of dead skin or dried oil accumulate around various pores of mine, and these spots are still there as I type this, even while I've devised to get rid of them through cleansing and exfoliating throughout tomorrow. What I've learned from this experience is that it is not the result of using ACV that is lacking in potency which is causing my whiteheads to appear, but using ACV that is far too potent in its concentration, and that I definitely need to scale it down significantly. I however firmly believe still in the ability of this natural substance to cure all of my acne problems, and have only myself, not the substance, to blame for the unfortunate burns I've received today.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/16/2012 9:21 pm

I'd love to try this, but I'm concerned about the smell. I know I could stand it, but I was wondering how noticeable it is to others. Has anyone ever said they could smell it on you?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/17/2012 4:36 am

Tried it for a month. It did nothing but make the red marks stand out more.