Notifications
Clear all

MSM Cream!!

MemberMember
(@prince-gorgeousman)

Posted : 08/25/2006 12:22 pm

I had been taking MSM + Vitamin C orally for a few weeks and noticed my red marks were quickly fading.. so I thought why not do something more direct, like using MSM cream on the red marks!

I've been using it for 3 days now and my skin has really transformed!! My red marks are literally melting away (well, not literally.. but you get my point!) Although I have not tried this, I think adding a Vitamin C topical cream/gel would be helpful with the MSM, since they work better together at increasing healing time and blood flow. You may want to keep this in mind.. I just ordered a small jar of Vitamin C cream to add to my MSM Cream!

I found a few articles which may explain why it works so well:

MSM is found in the body's tissues and fluids, and helps to maintain collagen, which is important for cellular tissues and bones. MSM helps maintain collagen by bonding it together, thus aiding in the formation of flexible bonds between cells.

Because collagen also holds skin tissue together, MSM helps replenish and repair damaged skin and supports wound healing. If MSM supplies are depleted, dry, cracked, damaged, and wrinkled skin may result! Hair and nail growth can also be improved by supplemental MSM.

Of special note to our members, MSM is thought to support joint comfort by relieving pressure at a cellular level -- by allowing toxins to go out and nutrients to come in -- thereby improving circulation. MSM can help flush lactic acid and toxins (created from overexertion and known to cause discomfort) from cellular tissues. Interestingly, MSM is also thought to support medications for arthritis by helping the medication reach the cells where it is needed.

Sulfur is called nature's "beauty mineral," because it keeps the skin smooth and youthful, and the hair glossy. Sulfur is necessary for production of collagen and keratin, protein necessary for health and maintenance of skin, nails and hair (6). Several experiments have shown, that all kinds of dermatological disorders which are often allergy-related, respond favorably to a diet supplemented by MSM. Oral dosages of MSM have shown to be effective against acne, Rosaceae and dry, scaly or itching skin(3). When used topically in the form of an ointment or lotion, MSM is helpful in treating skin disorders including acne, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, scabies, diaper rash and certain fungal infections (1, 6). Scars resulting from operations and from burns also respond well to topical application. New scars can heal so perfectly, that they are almost invisible. Old scars, too, can improve markedly.

And some research I did myself..

Red Acne Scars - The "red" left behind in acne scars is a result of tiny broken capillaries at the site of the healed acne lesion. This redness is more common to "newer" acne scars and is hard to conceal, making the evidence of acne more pronounced, even after it has healed.

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is essential in maintaining optimum health. It nourishes our hair, skin, muscles, joints and nails; it can reduce pain and inflammation; it also has been shown to increase blood circulation, strengthen capillary walls and thus heal varicose veins.

I don't have any pictures for proof because I get really depressed when I look at myself in pictures.. but this is what helped me and hopefully it will help you guys.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@markymark)

Posted : 08/25/2006 2:38 pm

hard to believe without pics, everything works on acne.org.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/30/2006 3:52 pm

its for joint pain...

MemberMember
(@loofery)

Posted : 08/30/2006 4:20 pm

its for joint pain...

which would make sense why it would work.

it stops inflammation in your joints .. redmarks being real red is the result of inflamation, no?

I for one will probably go buy some.

MemberMember
(@zippo)

Posted : 08/30/2006 8:39 pm

Where do you buy MSM? I've been wanting to take some for a while but I keep forgetting.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/30/2006 9:57 pm

never heard of this msm. glad its working for u.

MemberMember
(@blackbirdbeatle)

Posted : 09/01/2006 3:03 pm

its for joint pain...

which would make sense why it would work.

it stops inflammation in your joints .. redmarks being real red is the result of inflamation, no?

I for one will probably go buy some.

Redmarks are POST inflammatory pigmentation.

MemberMember
(@prince-gorgeousman)

Posted : 09/02/2006 2:05 am

"MSM is the flexible bond between Proteins. When old cells die and new cells are formed they need the flexible bond MSM provides, for the skin to bend. Without it you get wrinkles, cracking skin, scar tissue, hardening of arteries and Emphysema. They are all Vitamin C and MSM related. You need lots of Vitamin C to build the new flesh. A deficiency in Vitamin C & MSM leads to strokes, heart attacks, varicose veins, spider veins, chronic nosebleeds, bruising, weak veins and arteries. MSM plays a major roll in AaAhealthy body functionsAa?."

I use Vitamin C Serum by N.V. Perricone (THIS SHIT BETTER WORK) with the MSM cream, to help rebuild and repair the skin fast... and I was amazed this morning when I looked in the mirror. I can't put into words how lightened they have gotten. It was the first time I've been out of the house in weeks when I went & had dinner with my aunt, cousins, & mother.

Give it a try!! You won't be dissapointed, although I'd recommend some type of Vitamin C Cream/Serum to go with the MSM cream.

MemberMember
(@prince-gorgeousman)

Posted : 09/03/2006 6:41 pm

This will be my last post trying to support this thread, but this MSM Cream/Vitamin C Serum has worked so well.. that I am willing to buy a respected member of this board a supply of the needed supply FOR FREE if they would post before/after pictures. I honestly wish I would have taken before pictures now because my face is clear after only 3 days. I was just skeptical at first and I didn't want to dissapoint. But now that I'm seeing the results, I just want to help..

Does anyone want to try it? I will buy everything for free. That's how serious I am on how good it works.

MemberMember
(@loofery)

Posted : 09/03/2006 6:57 pm

"Does anyone want to try it? I will buy everything for free. That's how serious I am on how good it works."

Yes, I'll do it. I would really appreciate it.

Am I respected? I haven't posted much because I've been on Accutance for 7 months and have let it takes it course.

See my thread. I have the before pictures right there. And I could really use a miracle.

If you can find a cheaper C serum so I don't feel so guilty, I'll do it.

If it works, I'll be a famous musician soon and I'll repay you 1000%. So will karma.

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@lampwick)

Posted : 09/03/2006 11:43 pm

What brand of msm cream did you use?

MemberMember
(@sourpunch)

Posted : 09/04/2006 1:34 am

i hope you get it loofery!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/04/2006 1:39 am

"Does anyone want to try it? I will buy everything for free. That's how serious I am on how good it works."

Yes, I'll do it. I would really appreciate it.

Am I respected? I haven't posted much because I've been on Accutance for 7 months and have let it takes it course.

See my thread. I have the before pictures right there. And I could really use a miracle.

If you can find a cheaper C serum so I don't feel so guilty, I'll do it.

If it works, I'll be a famous musician soon and I'll repay you 1000%. So will karma.

What do you think?

i think you should buy it yourself and then post pics if it works.

MemberMember
(@babadum)

Posted : 08/16/2007 11:22 pm

has this worked for anyone else?

the vitamin c and msm combination orally and topically?

For the oral part how much of vitamin c and msm do you take?

and for topical what brands of msm and vitamin c do you use?

MemberMember
(@sara_1987)

Posted : 08/18/2007 9:37 am

I used to take MSM orally and it worked great for my skin and hair. (in terms of perfecting my skin while I was already on antibiotics)

I would like to start MSM again, but does anyone know whether it's safe while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@so_fitting)

Posted : 08/18/2007 3:06 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

well it is an anti-inflammatory, but iv never heard of a topical form.....where do you buy this stuff?

Iv heard of the oral suppliment, but please post a link to where you can buy the tpical form :)

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 06/09/2013 1:24 am

This will be my last post trying to support this thread, but this MSM Cream/Vitamin C Serum has worked so well.. that I am willing to buy a respected member of this board a supply of the needed supply FOR FREE if they would post before/after pictures. I honestly wish I would have taken before pictures now because my face is clear after only 3 days. I was just skeptical at first and I didn't want to dissapoint. But now that I'm seeing the results, I just want to help..

Does anyone want to try it? I will buy everything for free. That's how serious I am on how good it works.

Hi What make did you buy?

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:38 pm

i used msm too with vitamin c for like 6 months. i ingested it and i saw improvement so it did help. i haven't tried putting it topically.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:46 pm

i tried the cream , doesnt work that great and made my face produce more oil

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/21/2014 4:30 pm

in the age of social media and smart phones. take some pictures ! it would help

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:19 pm

Recently i hear that the most amazing things are good for acne. I have no doubt. There are many simple creams, ointments and so used for other reasons that they DO help in acne. For example sudocrem and vicks ( tried both, awsome). I found an msm cream around the house. I have many red dots at the moment, and no active acne . I am trying this tonight!!!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:10 pm

Recently i hear that the most amazing things are good for acne. I have no doubt. There are many simple creams, ointments and so used for other reasons that they DO help in acne. For example sudocrem and vicks ( tried both, awsome). I found an msm cream around the house. I have many red dots at the moment, and no active acne . I am trying this tonight!!!

good luck , it might clog your pores

also i dont like the way the cream is made feels weird when i use to use it

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:19 pm

I am lucky to have nothing to clogg my pores. My hormones are the only cause of my acne. I can put petroleum on my face and have zero break out. Wait for updates about the msm cream!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:24 pm

from the what post maker says its impossible to get rid of red marks in 3 days

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/25/2014 9:53 am

So, tried it. I put several times a day. The cream i have contains chondroitin, msm, willow extract, devils claw and arnica. Red spots still there, maybe a very slight improvement. Although, a very recent one below my lip has faded completely. Nothing to lose, i will keep for a few days. I found in the net that willow is excellent for acne.