Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2006 10:18 pm

yo pumpkin,

has using ACV stopped oil production on your face? it sure has done it to mine lol (i hope its not permanent either cause i want my face to be oily in the future).

MemberMember
(@littlebabyface)

Posted : 08/07/2006 8:00 am

wtf stopped oil production? thats a new one

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/07/2006 9:34 am

i swear my face isnt oil anymore or its barely oily now. it use to be very oily. ive been doing the ACV 3x a day.

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/07/2006 9:48 am

I can't say if it decreases oil production only bc in RI it is very humid so everyone looks greasy be is so freaking hott lol.

It def. wont break you out it will only help .. in fact it helps heal pimples and dry them up.

[attachmentid=5473]lol how does slapping your face help clear ur redness? gimme the thread so i can read it.

ACV is it okay if i use it while also using BP, i use a bp wash ( brevoxyl) to wash twice daily and i got duac topical gel which is 5 % bp, i use to put on every night. and i also use dalacin t ( 1% clindamycin) which i use sometimes throughout the day and my acne actually went away but its this redness that really bothers me and i really hope acv actually works with my reddddd face with scars. but what im asking is that is it okay if i use acv, with the face wash and the gel . ( not saynig mix it together lol )

btw das my face up there, ugly as shit i know but do u think itll help with this face? just posting it up so u cann tell me if itll work or not for me if u know

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/07/2006 10:19 am

100% ACV (dont add water) isnt that bad at all. it burns a little if you leave it on each spot a few seconds- with a cotton ball. but overall its nothing to worry about :).

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/07/2006 1:42 pm

when i use full strength it does make my eyes water a bit tho .. and kinda burns my nose but i try to breathe through my mouth .. its goes away after a few min.

MemberMember
(@2hard2pwn)

Posted : 08/07/2006 6:27 pm

thanks pumpkin ur awsome!

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/08/2006 9:58 am

thanks pumpkin ur awsome!

😀 i hope it works for you its been working for me .. but i havent been using is religiously bc i have been under alot of stress with college so thats all im thinking about. If u use it atleats 3 times a day then i am sure u will see definite results.

MemberMember
(@mariz)

Posted : 08/08/2006 11:48 am

Wow I am glad the AVC Is working for you guys! I been using it too, and drinking it as well. I really think its helping and hope its just not all in my head.. I been using an eggwhite/lemon mask at night too, seems to be helping as well.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/08/2006 12:22 pm

i believe its helping me too.

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/09/2006 9:12 am

im going to post a pic later right now i have to go to college .. this stuff is great .. that brown mark i had is fading .. hopefully it will b gone in a few months. ACV + Retyinl Palmitate + BP is an excellent combo

MemberMember
(@ritzvin)

Posted : 08/09/2006 1:44 pm

I use it after I have washed as a toner. I use it neat, I don not dilute it, and it is really good. And I mean , really really good! 😀

A question to smashing Pumpkin:-

you know when you said you can use it on your hair, is it in place of a conditioner? Or do I wash my hair in shampoo and conditioner and then rinse it in vinegar after I have done all that? I would love to know as i feel my hair has got a build up of shampoo and conditioner and everything. Thanks.

If you use a really drying shampoo, it probably won't be enough to replace conditioner, but it does make a really nice detangler. Just shampoo and rinse, then pour acv through hair, comb through and rinse out (some people leave it in).

Personally, I can't stand the coated feeling conditioner leaves on my scalp, and I don't need it with the Sally's Generic of Paul MItchell's tea tree shampoo.

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/09/2006 9:56 pm

anyone noitcing a difference in skin tone after using ACV? i certainly am .. my skin tone seems so much more even! I LOVE IT!

Lyssa11 liked
MemberMember
(@hunter480)

Posted : 08/10/2006 5:08 am

anyone noitcing a difference in skin tone after using ACV? i certainly am .. my skin tone seems so much more even! I LOVE IT!

could it be because it makes your skin a bit reddish so the marks and uneveness looks less noticable? i cant imagine it instantly working...

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/10/2006 10:24 am

no it doesnt make my skin red at all .. i read that drinking it can put a red hue to ur face bu7t i havent been drinking it just put it on my face.

Has any1 noticed there pores become smaller when you put ACV on? Last night i took strips of toilet paper and osaked them in ACV then put it on my afce like a mask and left it on for about 10 or 13 min and when i took it off my pores has actually shrunken .. not sure why .. that only happens when its cold .. maybe if i do that enuff it would be permanent .. that would b nice.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2006 3:10 pm

Hey. I put pure ACV on my face for 3 minutes and washed it off with cold water. I don't notice any improvements yet.

ACV is really smelly... smells like sweaty feet. How do you get rid of the odor? Do you guys just use it at night and the smells gone when you wake-up?

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/10/2006 3:13 pm

why did u wash it off? And u dont put it on and then BAM all red marks are gone no. I either put 5-/50 Water and ACV or just pure ACV on my face and leave it on .. i do this soemtimes 3 times a day.

It does not smell like that.

What do u mean get rid of the color?

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/10/2006 3:48 pm

yo pumpkin,

has using ACV stopped oil production on your face? it sure has done it to mine lol (i hope its not permanent either cause i want my face to be oily in the future).

this is really strange, it seems like the same thing happened to me! i can't imagine why though... how strange. when i wake up, my nose is really shiny from oil and stuff, but yesterday night i applied the acv and when i woke up, my nose was DRY.. it was the strangest thing ever because my nose is so greasy

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/10/2006 8:57 pm

yo pumpkin,

this is really strange, it seems like the same thing happened to me! i can't imagine why though... how strange. when i wake up, my nose is really shiny from oil and stuff, but yesterday night i applied the acv and when i woke up, my nose was DRY.. it was the strangest thing ever because my nose is so greasy

thats awsome .. have you noticed a difference through out the day with oilyness?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2006 9:31 pm

why did u wash it off? And u dont put it on and then BAM all red marks are gone no. I either put 5-/50 Water and ACV or just pure ACV on my face and leave it on .. i do this soemtimes 3 times a day.

It does not smell like that.

What do u mean get rid of the color?

huh? Didn't say anything abou "the color".

Anyway, I use Heinze Pure Apple Cider Vinegar (5% acetic acid by volume). And yeah, I washed it off, but it took awhile for the smell to fade away on its own.

Hopefully, this works well... hehehhe

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/10/2006 9:54 pm

it wont work if u continue to wash it off.

there isnt a way to get rid of the odor it goes away after a few min.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2006 10:26 pm

Okay. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@sparklystars28)

Posted : 08/10/2006 11:51 pm

i have been using avc on my face and for some reason i am getting whiteheads, is that supposed to happen? so i don't think it works for me, idk

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 08/11/2006 10:17 am

well everyone's skin is different and reacts to certain things differently .. i think you skin is more sensitive and it just needs to adjust to the ACV .. just do ur normal regimen of using BP but before using BP just put the ACV on just as you would any toner then wait 15 min and use BP

MemberMember
(@cucumber)

Posted : 08/11/2006 2:47 pm

yo pumpkin,

thats awsome .. have you noticed a difference through out the day with oilyness?

yes, i have!! i carry around blotting paper everywhere because my nose gets an oily-sheen layer every couple hours. it's almost 4:00pm here, and I've only blotted once today. I really really hope this isn't just a temporary effect!! I haven't been doing anything new to my skin other than the ACV, so it probably is due to the acv toner. this is amazing! thanks SO much for the suggestion, it's ridiculously effective. one of my redmarks has actually completely faded (it was small to start with, but still), and i think i see a change in the other redmarks. fantastic suggestion really.