Jojoba oil

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 05/14/2005 5:47 pm

^^^

It was very informative!!! thanks a bunch for the info! biggrin.gif I've been using it for about two weeks now and I like it a lot. it's a great moisturizer. any accutane users, try it out, coz it has really helped with the dryness.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/20/2005 4:09 pm

I've been using JOJOBA oil for over a month now and I truly LOVE IT. It helps with the flakes and dryness. Depending on how dry ur skin is, it either removes the dryness the next day or a few days later. It sits well under my make up as well. I recommend this product to anyone. The best thing to is that it doesn't break u out. I was sooooo nervous at the begining but now I use it all the time

Tiredofzits

MemberMember
(@dolcedolce)

Posted : 05/21/2005 7:09 pm

i just bought some jojoba oil today

i think i kinda got ripped off cause its like a dinky bottle and it was fucking 18 dollars...

it doesn't say 100% but i'll see how it works out.

how exactly do i put it on and when?

should i just put some on a cotton ball and dab it on my face and leave it there before i put on makeup?

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 05/22/2005 12:01 am

Yes !!

where can you get it Cheap??

I saw at the health store for a really small bottle it was about $18 and for a larger one it costed near $30

I wanted a good size for a good price

anywhere good? or Brand?

I also read that its for Hair only or can be mixed in Make-ups

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/22/2005 1:15 am

Hi

I bought it at a Health Food Store. My bottle cost $14 and yes it is a dinky bottle. On the label it says 100% pure jojoba oil. What I do is squeeze a few drops in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together and then I apply it on my face. U can apply this stuff anytime, it's especially good after a shower because ur pores are opened. I even apply it under my makeup. I apply it first wait 5 mins then apply my other moisturizer and then put my make up on. Depending on how dry my face is I apply it as much as 4 times a day. I now apply it in the morning and right after my shower at night. I just love this product. eusa_dance.gif I'm now looking for a moisturizer that has jojoba oil in it. I know Desert Essence has jojoba oil in it, but I want to buy it in a store rather then on-line. Does anyone know where I can buy a moisturizer with jojoba oil in it?

MemberMember
(@dolcedolce)

Posted : 05/23/2005 8:32 pm

is jojoba oil supposed to like flake your skin off to get rid of the dryness?

cause thats what it seems to be doing to mine =/

its making the dryness so much more obvious

i dont think it's working for me

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/25/2005 5:23 pm

I have a question for anyone to answer............

I've recently been noticing very small, skin colour bumps along 1 cheek and 1 side of my chin. Truthfully, I would rather have them then any ugly huge zit that u can see from a mile away. But here's my question, I've read and heard that the tiny bumps can be clogged pores, so do u think maybe the jojoba oil is clogging my pores? It's been happening the past month and that's as long as I've been using this product. Maybe I've used this product a little too much. Any imput is appreciated

Tania (aka tiredofzits)

MemberMember
(@_helpme_)

Posted : 05/25/2005 10:11 pm

I am very interested in finding out if jojoba oil clogs pores as well. I bought desert essenceAaas jojoba oil a few days ago and had only applied it three times. I saw a few more bumps appearing, but they could be from Queen Helene masque that I have just started using. So I decided to postpone using jojoba oil for now. Last night, I went back to read some reviews. From what I have read this far, here are a few things I found interesting:

1) A couple people mentioned about patting it onto your face rather than rubbing it all over your face

2) A couple people had some bumps/pimples initially but continued using it and have had good results.

If you are interesting in reading more, here is the link http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview...._(100%25_pure)/ . Maybe 4 times a day is a bit much. Perhaps cutting it down to twice a day?

Hope this helps and please keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/28/2005 9:36 pm

Okay....I stopped using Jojoba oil for 4 days and I noticed that some of my small bumps did disappear and others got a little bigger. Coincidence???? The only crappy thing about that was that my skin was dryer then usual. So what am I supposed to do? I don't even know if the tiny bumps are a result of the jojoba oil confused.gif

MemberMember
(@19yochickfightingacne4toolong)

Posted : 05/28/2005 9:47 pm

Okay....I stopped using Jojoba oil for 4 days and I noticed that some of my small bumps did disappear and others got a little bigger.  Coincidence????  The only crappy thing about that was that my skin was dryer then usual.  So what am I supposed to do? I don't even know if the tiny bumps are a result of the jojoba oil  confused.gif

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/28/2005 10:07 pm

have you considered other possible reasons? have you changed anything else to your regimen?? have you been doing or eating anything different from usual. How about hormones acting up???

It could be the jojoba...I guess not everyone's skin can handle it. Do find it typical for your skin not to tolerate some products??

MemberMember
(@m_d)

Posted : 06/01/2005 11:37 am

I've been using jojoba oil for 1 week now, applying it 2x daily with a generous dose. I have not had any clogged pores/acne that can be attributed to the jojoba oil. In fact, the clogged pores that I had around my nose are starting to disappear slowly.

MemberMember
(@m_d)

Posted : 06/09/2005 11:06 am

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I have been using jojoba relatively consistently (i.e. at least 1x daily, if not 2x). I also tend to use quite a generous amount. Overall, I haven't noticed a dramatic effect at all. I've broken out a few times as well, but I don't know if that can be attributed to the oil. I'll update again next week.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/09/2005 11:17 pm

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I have been using jojoba relatively consistently (i.e. at least 1x daily, if not 2x). I also tend to use quite a generous amount. Overall, I haven't noticed a dramatic effect at all. I've broken out a few times as well, but I don't know if that can be attributed to the oil. I'll update again next week.

MemberMember

Posted : 06/09/2005 11:39 pm

I think jojoba oil is amazing. I'm not using it as a pure organic oil, its just one of the main ingredients in the moisturizer I keep stealing from my mom. My skin had got so dry from products like BP and exfoliation, but mostly the sun, and this stuff is awesome. I have like 2 zits on my face, and the chances of it being from this is unlikely.

Jojoba is the answer for dry skin. Love it!

..but definitely no good for oily skin days.

MemberMember
(@m_d)

Posted : 06/13/2005 11:56 pm

I love this product but I stopped using it for a while to see if it was causing my breakouts and my breakout stopped. Once I started applying it again, I suddenly got pimples there. I don't know if that was coincidence or if it's the oil. I've decided to stop again and see. I miss it though b/c is really helped with my dryness

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/14/2005 1:30 pm

Ya, I've been breaking out recently. It kinda sucks because I was acne free for quite some time, many months actually. I decided to use jojoba oil to even out my complexion. I've decided to discontinue use, I doubt I will use it again anytime in the future, I just keep breaking out.

MemberMember
(@m_d)

Posted : 06/14/2005 10:51 pm

Thanks 4 sharing. I swear I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this. I love the product though, it did keep my face smooth and not dry. Do u get actual pimples or tiny skin coloured bumps? I get both!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/15/2005 6:09 pm

Well, I still have some clogged pores around my nose (not whiteheads, or blackheads, sort of like tiny skin coloured bumps I guess). Those, however, cannot be attributed to the oil, because I had them before I started using it. However, I've started to breakout all over my forehead/between the eyes area. It's kinda of upsetting, considering the fact that I was acne free for many months before this.

MemberMember

Posted : 06/22/2005 9:32 pm

Just in case anyone is interested...

I noticed a few ppl were saying that jojoba oil is expensive. Well the other day I went into Ambrosia, and I found a product by Jason Naturals. The price was quite reasonable in comparison to others. But then, Ambrosia does have a tendency to have cheaper prices then most stores.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 08/07/2005 3:48 pm

I really do love this product...........BUT................... I stopped using it awhile ago because I found it would give me small skin coloured bumps. I used to and still love the way it makes the flakes disappear. Recently I experienced a slight breakout so I decided to use the jojoba oil again. It did it's job and the dryness is gone but I have small skin coloured bumps again. So obviously it's the product that's doing this, which completely sucks. Oh well, I guess I need to throw the bottle in the garbage b/c I'm trying to prevent pimples of any form and this is not helping.

MemberMember
(@missemss)

Posted : 06/28/2013 5:01 am

What is the difference between jojoba base oil and cold pressed jojoba?

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 07/04/2013 1:58 am

It has something to do with the extraction of the oil. I think the temperature cant be too high or some of the good things in it get lost in the process. Ive been told that cold pressed oils are better for the skin. Its kind of like vegetables- steaming is better than boiling. Keeps all the nutrients in better.

Jojoba oil also gave me a rash. Painless and not itchy, but just skin colored bumps. If i wasnt allergic to it, i would have stayed with it. It was a great moisturizer.