Jojoba oil

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/17/2005 2:59 pm

HI

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of jojoba oil Supposedly it works really well to reduce redness, scars and doesn't produce new acne. If you have any info please share.....I think I'll go to a natural path store and check it out.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 04/17/2005 7:56 pm

Not sure about the Oil but u can use Witch Hazel instead as a toner works better and doesn't clog pores!!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/17/2005 9:11 pm

Witch Hazel is harsh on ur skin, especially those prone to dryness like myself. It doesn't hurt to try really. Tomorrow after work I'm going to a Health Food Store and buying a bottle. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone has any info just let me know

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/20/2005 4:55 pm

Just reporting..........I bought a bottle of pure Jojoba oil on Monday at a local Health Store and let me tell u......My flakes are completely GONE eusa_clap.gif Now it didn't clear my ugly scars, I read in time it will fade them away. BUT....yesterday and today my make-up went on much more smoothly. If any of you have flakes I would definately recommend it biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/25/2005 8:05 pm

Just updating u on my experiment with Jojoba oil. I've been using it for over a week now, every day. I'm happy to say my skin feels soft and no flakes!!! eusa_dance.gif The dark scars are getting lighter but that's a very slow process. I've also started putting it all over my face too. Since I've started I've only gotten a few pimples on my chin and upper lip. Everywhere else is ok (watch I just jinxed myself). I'd recommend this for dryness any time. Good Luck and let me know how it goes

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 04/30/2005 10:07 pm

Just updating u on my experiment with Jojoba oil. I've been using it for over a week now, every day.  I'm happy to say my skin feels soft and no flakes!!! eusa_dance.gif The dark scars are getting lighter but that's a very slow process.  I've also started putting it all over my face too.  Since I've started I've only gotten a few pimples on my chin and upper lip.  Everywhere else is ok (watch I just jinxed myself).  I'd recommend this for dryness any time. Good Luck and let me know how it goes

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/30/2005 10:57 pm

hey, i'm thinking of getting it, coz my face is SO dry and it's flaking (i'm on accutane). where did you get yours again? just any health store?

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 05/02/2005 9:01 pm

I live close to Yorkdale, so I went to that Health Food store in the mall. The name of the Health food store escapes me right now. There are many different brands of Jojoba oil. Make sure u get the on that's 100%. The brand I bought is called Aura Cacia. I paid $13 for a 4 full oz bottle. I tested a small area first for a few days and once I became comfortable with the product I put it all over my face. It's great right after u shower because ur pores are open. Good Luck on ur search. Let me know how it goes or if u have any other questions

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/02/2005 9:18 pm

well, i got mine yesterday. used it at night. don't know if it's really hlepd THAT much. but i suppose i'll have to use it for a few more days to see it's effect. anyway, hahah, it was quite funny. i went there and asked for jojoba oil and the girls is like "hohoba oil" I was like oh  redface.gif lol!!!! didn't know it was pronounced liket that!!

hope it works.... eusa_pray.gif  eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@ap836)

Posted : 05/06/2005 12:42 am

Can I ask you a question?

Had you ever use another kind of moisturizer before using the jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/06/2005 7:37 am

Can I ask you a question?

Had you ever use another kind of moisturizer before using the jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@19yochickfightingacne4toolong)

Posted : 05/07/2005 5:12 pm

Hi, lately I started using a product that contains jojoba oil and lotion....

and I must say, it is very impressive. My skin has been very dried out lately due to BP and other drying products. This stuff made such a difference. My skin was just eating up my other moisturizers and were not really helping, but this stuff made such a difference...and so far no breakouts!!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/07/2005 9:02 pm

and I must say, it is very impressive. My skin has been very dried out lately due to BP and other drying products. This stuff made such a difference. My skin was just eating up my other moisturizers and were not really helping, but this stuff made such a difference...and so far no breakouts!!

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 05/08/2005 12:27 am

Desert Essence has a product like this!!

I'll be buying that soon as i get paid!!

Gotta go crazy!!

Also i heard Janson Papaya Enzyme peel mask works wonders!!

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 05/08/2005 2:57 am

Desert Essence has a product like this!!

I'll be buying that soon as i get paid!!

Gotta go crazy!!

Also i heard Janson Papaya Enzyme peel mask works wonders!!

MemberMember
(@ap836)

Posted : 05/08/2005 12:04 pm

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/08/2005 1:11 pm

Do you use jojoba oil before applying bp? And do you use it in the morning?

@tiredofzits: Are you actually on Dan's regimen?

MemberMember

Posted : 05/08/2005 2:08 pm

Do you use jojoba oil before applying bp? And do you use it in the morning?

@tiredofzits: Are you actually on Dan's regimen?

MemberMember

Posted : 05/08/2005 2:10 pm

really....if u don't mind me asking what are the names of the products that ur using with the jojoba oil. I love jojoba oil and I wouldn't mind using other products with it.

Take Care

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 05/10/2005 9:47 pm

I think Desert Essence and Lily of the Desert have one of it not really sure but I have to check that out!!

MemberMember
(@dolcedolce)

Posted : 05/12/2005 4:08 pm

my skin can get really bad dry patches but its EXTREMELY sensitive

should i try using jojoba oil?

i'm scared to try new stuff cause my skin reacts with almost everythinggg

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/12/2005 4:19 pm

my skin can get really bad dry patches but its EXTREMELY sensitive

should i try using jojoba oil?

i'm scared to try new stuff cause my skin reacts with almost everythinggg

MemberMember
(@dolcedolce)

Posted : 05/12/2005 4:26 pm

I found jojoba oil to be gentle. I never had a bad reaction with it. I have extremely sensative skin and anything dries me out. Jojoba oil helped leep the dryness under control

MemberMember
(@juster18)

Posted : 05/12/2005 4:39 pm

it seems as though everyone like this product. every moistruizer i use seems to clog my pores. so i bought the dessert essence jojoba oil. i put some on and it did not go into my skin, a layer of oil just stayed there for about an hour. when i dabbed my hand on my face all this oil came off on my fingers. so i washed it off and the next day i had three zits on my forehead.

what did i do wrong? did i use too much or something? i think i used about a teaspoon's worth. i'm so bummed because i went out and spent like 10 dollars on this because everyone was saying how amazing it was. i was skeptical the oil would absorb, and it seemed i was right.

MemberMember
(@sunshinemakesmehappy)

Posted : 05/12/2005 10:51 pm

I have just finished reading a book called "If you want great skin throw away your cosmetics" it is written by a beauty therapists (20 yrs in the industry) and a Naturopath. Here are the details they have written about Jojoba Oil.

Jojoba Oil is extracted from the Jojoba seed. The wisdom of the native American Indians who relied on nature traditionally, used the oil for cooking, haircare and treatment of problems such as poison ivy, sores & wounds.

Our skins sebum which consists of 25% to 30% liquid wax esters is almost identical to Jojoba explaining why it penetrates the skin so well. Jojoba mixes with sebum and does not cause clogging or congesting.

In fact it will help emulsify clogging and congestion of blackheads by dissolving the blockages. Collagen and elastin is also strengthened by Jojoba.

Being a wax Jojoba oil is very stable and does not become rancid easily which means it has very high anti-oxidant qualities. Therefore wearing jojoba oil over your skin acts like a protective shield from external environmental free radicals.

This high level of anti-oxidant activity also prevents certain types of bacteria from growing which makes jojoba oil useful for most skin conditions, especially infections and acne. It must come from a reputible supplier and be cold pressed.

Using just 2-3 drops apply it as you would your moisturiser, spread the drops over your fingers and pat gently into your skin.

other oils recommended for acne were Bergamot for cleansing, tea tree for the anti septic qualities, lavendar for calm the skin. Jojoba was a great all round oil to use for anything.

Here is some general info. People with acne are the biggest culprits for stripping their 'acid mantle' this is basically your natural ph level. Not knowing what to do with their pimples, they wash and scrub with soaps, chemicals & detergents. This often destroys their acid mantle and lets bacterica thrive with infected pimples and acne is the result. A good rule is: if it foams it will strip.

A form of daily cleansing was to fill your basin with tepid water, 3 drops of chosen oil, soak a soft wash cloth with the water squeeze it out a little and compress on your face and neck, do this three tiimes on the fourth time squeeze the cloth right out and compress, then let your face just air dry. Once done use the jojoba oil as a moisturiser.

I have been doing this for the past five days and it feels amazing. You would think using an oil would you make you feel greasy when in fact it does the complete opposite.

As for this book it is truly AMAZING. I borrowed it from my local library but I am gong to buy it, there is so much information regarding toxicity of the body, your diet general essentials you should be having if you suffer from skin problems but just general skin health as well.

I hope this is as informative for someone else as it was for me.