Notifications
Clear all

Panoxyl 2.5% And 5% Aquagel Discontinued

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/02/2014 2:09 am

Hi,

Please, please, please.... can anyone help?....I used Panoxyl 10 "acnegel" (alcohol based) for almost 15years and it worked great but as it discontinued and my stock at home as now gone, I've started using Panoxyl 10 "aquagel"(water based) as this can now be purchased online again. I had been thinking that both products would work in the same way and cant find any difference between the 2 apart from one is alcohol based and the other water based but the alcohol based product(acnegel) seemed to work a lot better. I've only been taking aquagel for 2 weeks but my skin is the worst its been for a long time...Please could someone give me some advice.....does my skin need time to get use to the new product even tho I've been using Panoxyl for almost 15 years.....

MemberMember
(@robertzombie)

Posted : 10/02/2014 2:29 am

Hi,

Please, please, please.... can anyone help?....I used Panoxyl 10 "acnegel" (alcohol based) for almost 15years and it worked great but as it discontinued and my stock at home as now gone, I've started using Panoxyl 10 "aquagel"(water based) as this can now be purchased online again. I had been thinking that both products would work in the same way and cant find any difference between the 2 apart from one is alcohol based and the other water based but the alcohol based product(acnegel) seemed to work a lot better. I've only been taking aquagel for 2 weeks but my skin is the worst its been for a long time...Please could someone give me some advice.....does my skin need time to get use to the new product even tho I've been using Panoxyl for almost 15 years.....

I ran out of Aquagel about two years ago, been using the Acne.org BP ever since. This website's formula is the best I've ever used, skip all the imitations and just buy the Acne.org stuff, you won't regret it. Of course, you also need to consider other things like your diet, vitamin intake, etc. But when it comes to BP, Dan's is the best in my experience (6 years).

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/02/2014 2:47 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply...Aquagel 10% is now back online but I think the issue is I need a "alcohol based" product as I was using Panoxyl 10 acnegel(alcohol) for between 15-20years and worked great.....There Aquagel range is water based, so not sure if this is the problem...This is the only thing I've changed.... Is Dan's range alcohol based??? Sorry for all the questions, new to the site.....

Thank you again...

MemberMember
(@hayden7)

Posted : 11/19/2014 4:50 pm

I've had Acne for 32 years, the only thing that worked was Panoxyl 10 acne and aqua gel, I was 100% clear after using it for 8 years until they stopped making it 2 to 3 years ago, when they brought it back it does not seem to be the same product??, I emailed Gsk and asked them did they just have the Rights from Stiefel to use only the "Packaging" and brand "Name" and not the chemical make up of the original but they did not give me a reply?.

Is the reason why Panoxyl 10 does not work as well this time round down to it being Water based and not alcohol based, interesting comment!.