Notifications
Clear all

Panoxyl 2.5% And 5% Aquagel Discontinued

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:02 pm

Hi guys, long time lurker and member. I had forgotten my email/password so decided to make a new account :)

Any news on when or if we in the UK will be getting back these products? I'm so lost without it, have been using it for years and is the only thing that has worked for me. Used Quinoderm for a year and it just made things worse for me

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 12/04/2012 10:44 am

Bump?

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 12/04/2012 1:55 pm

FWIW, I was on Dan's BP regime for a few years when I switched from benzoyl peroxide to the AHA/BHA combination product in my signature. For me it was just as effective as BP without the dryness, and absorbs much quicker.

I appreciate this is not benzoyl peroxide and might take a leap of faith to switch, but it might be worth considering if your having trouble sourcing BP here. OTOH, it's quite expensive so might be cheaper to import dan's...

Anyway, I know how frustrating it is for a good product to disappear, so I'd thought I'd mention it.

MemberMember
(@tinygiraffe)

Posted : 12/04/2012 5:01 pm

I'm currently importing dans stuff to the uk the regime + aha is costing me approximately 35 a month including postage and packaging its a shame that the carriage is so high as dans stuff is good value for money otherwise

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 12/04/2012 5:55 pm

Is this peter thomas roth AHA/BHA stuff the same as or similar to the panoxyl? Can somebody link me to the product or to somewhere that delivers to the UK?

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 12/04/2012 6:13 pm

Is this peter thomas roth AHA/BHA stuff the same as or similar to the panoxyl? Can somebody link me to the product or to somewhere that delivers to the UK?

No it's a completely different type of acne product, it's not benzoyl peroxide but a combination of salicyclic acid and gylcolic acid. If you google Peter Thomas Roth acne clearing gel you'll get numerous uk online sellers, however it costs circa 30 for 57ml so you might decide just to import dans stuff.

http://www.peterthomasroth.com/p-78-ahabha-acne-clearing-gel.aspx

MemberMember
(@cheekyboy44)

Posted : 12/05/2012 6:34 am

I have resorted to buying Panoxyl of Gumtree,it's the proper stuff but £25 a tube eusa_think.gif at least it keeps my outbreaks at bay

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 12/05/2012 4:23 pm

How hard is it to import Dan's stuff?

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 12/06/2012 8:21 am

Still no news on whether or not the Panoxyl brand is coming back to the UK?

I've found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/BENZOYL-PEROX-GEL-5-RUG/dp/B000NVR9GY, it's 5% Benzoyl Peroxide but by a brand i've never heard of, RUGBY. Anybody try this?

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:08 am

An alternative is to buy dans stuff off ebay in the uk and it works out for like 26 for the big bp any guys interested check it out - usually comes in around 3 days as well.

There is quite a few sellers this is the one i bought it from last week and probably will use going forward.

http://www.ebay.co.u...cde18989&_uhb=1

I have a tube of pan 2.5% but never really liked it after on application lol

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 12/09/2012 4:59 pm

An alternative is to buy dans stuff off ebay in the uk and it works out for like 26 for the big bp any guys interested check it out - usually comes in around 3 days as well.

There is quite a few sellers this is the one i bought it from last week and probably will use going forward.

http://www.ebay.co.u...cde18989&_uhb=1

I have a tube of pan 2.5% but never really liked it after on application lol

Hey thanks, I'm always a bit weary of buying stuff off other sellers, could easily be fake or counterfeit. What do you think?

Also worried about it not having any effect at all, being on 5% PanOxyl for almost 4 years and Dan's being 2.5%

MemberMember
(@cheekyboy44)

Posted : 12/22/2012 7:05 am

If anyone is having trouble getting Panoxyl in the u.k,It is advertised on Gumtree.I have purchased this and it is 100% percent original and has long expiry dates.

The seller posts recorded delivery and it is with you in a matter of days

MemberMember
(@loftur)

Posted : 01/05/2013 11:46 am

If anyone is having trouble getting Panoxyl in the u.k,It is advertised on Gumtree.I have purchased this and it is 100% percent original and has long expiry dates.

The seller posts recorded delivery and it is with you in a matter of days

I've checked gumtree and found only one ad where Panoxyl Aquagel 10 and 5% is 25GBP. Is that serious?

MemberMember
(@bonkers1)

Posted : 06/18/2013 1:46 pm

What is the current consensus on this topic? I asked at Boots today and they said they had no idea when any BP treatments would be in stock.

Do people recommend Dan's 2.5% BP (perhaps from ebay.co.uk)? Or something else?

There is a wide range of benzoyl peroxide products listed here that are shipped from the UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2053587.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC0&_nkw=benzoyl+peroxide&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Many of the posts in this thread are several months old I'm wondering what people who used to use 2.5% or 5% PanOxyl have now (permenantly) migrated to?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:02 pm

What is the current consensus on this topic? I asked at Boots today and they said they had no idea when any BP treatments would be in stock.

There is a wide range of benzoyl peroxide products listed here that are shipped from the UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2053587.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC0&_nkw=benzoyl+peroxide&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Many of the posts in this thread are several months old I'm wondering what people who used to use 2.5% or 5% PanOxyl have now (permenantly) migrated to?

Thanks!

I messaged Steifel (the company who make Panxoyl) and they told me the 5% and 10% aquagels are coming back "later this summer".

I've been using the Acne.org BP (im in the UK) and its been working fine - order it from Amazon.com (*not* the .co.uk site) and including postage it comes to around £18 depending on exchange rates for the 8oz tube (which is huge btw). it works out cheaper than panoxyl even with the postage charges. It takes just under 2 weeks to arrive in the post. I highly reccomend it, as an ex-user of Panoxyl Aquagel :)

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:10 pm

I really need to take action on my skin, so I need BP asap!

Every site I look on for Panoxyl 2.5 is says out of stock (due to it's discontinuation) and right now I'm not sure I can afford Dan's BP, even if it is a lot bigger. I mean Panoxyl was around 3 which would be really ideal for me right now.

MemberMember
(@florida24)

Posted : 08/07/2013 8:32 am

Hi

My friend's daughter has just started to use a new product called ACNAID GEL she said its really good cause she hasn't experienced any dry and inflammation affects and she just bought from her pharmacy.

thanks

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 09/28/2013 4:35 pm

I went to Boots today and was told that Panoxyl has been discontinued. Totally. The woman said that it is not coming back.

MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 09/29/2013 11:19 am

I went to Boots today and was told that Panoxyl has been discontinued. Totally. The woman said that it is not coming back.

I've found that quinoderm works equally as well, and is pretty much identical.

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 02/25/2014 9:03 pm

So what's the best option in the UK right now? Something I can order that will arrive within a few days or I can get at the chemist.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@liam3001)

Posted : 03/08/2014 3:15 pm

Has anyone tried this Acnecide 5% BP gel? Any good? http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/Acnecide-Gel.html#.Uxt4EPl_tUA

MemberMember
(@itsmyname)

Posted : 04/20/2014 1:49 pm

Well Panoxyl Aquagel 10% is back. Used 2.5% and 5% before, perhaps I should jump on the 10% then?

MemberMember
(@cameronmuir)

Posted : 06/01/2014 10:37 am

Thanks!

I messaged Steifel (the company who make Panxoyl) and they told me the 5% and 10% aquagels are coming back "later this summer".

I've been using the Acne.org BP (im in the UK) and its been working fine - order it from Amazon.com (*not* the .co.uk site) and including postage it comes to around £18 depending on exchange rates for the 8oz tube (which is huge btw). it works out cheaper than panoxyl even with the postage charges. It takes just under 2 weeks to arrive in the post. I highly reccomend it, as an ex-user of Panoxyl Aquagel :)

Hi, I was just wondering do you still do this? Does it still cost a similar amount? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@tm1200)

Posted : 07/09/2014 9:30 am

Just back from the chemist and every thing is out of stock. No Panoxyl or Quinoderm or anything else. Emailed Quinoderm and they said they're out for the foreseeable future. I heard Panoxyl 10 was back but it seems its out again. Is there some sort of global benzoyl peroxide shortage!? Back to Dans I guess. I've been using benzoyl peroxide for 13 years since finding this site and I've never known it to be this bad.

MemberMember
(@tm1200)

Posted : 07/09/2014 9:31 am

Thanks!

I've been using the Acne.org BP (im in the UK) and its been working fine - order it from Amazon.com (*not* the .co.uk site) and including postage it comes to around 18 depending on exchange rates for the 8oz tube (which is huge btw). it works out cheaper than panoxyl even with the postage charges. It takes just under 2 weeks to arrive in the post. I highly reccomend it, as an ex-user of Panoxyl Aquagel

Hi, I was just wondering do you still do this? Does it still cost a similar amount? Thanks.

Yeah they do although it cost the same to buy it direct from here and I find the delivery is a bit quick. Usually 6ish days to the UK.