Notifications
Clear all

Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser Changed?

MemberMember
(@gatorbite35)

Posted : 07/18/2012 4:38 pm

2ecdjlg.jpg

So today I went to Walmart to pick up my Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser and noticed that ingredients are different.

It iss now called Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser "Essentials" and has the active ingredient Trethanolamine.

The regular Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser ive been getting for the last 2 years has the active ingredient of Triclosan.

So anybody know if Clean and Clear is no longer producing the Triclosan?

Second, Anybody know if Trethanolamine is effective in treating acne?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@gatorbite35)

Posted : 07/24/2012 1:38 am

Anybody?

MemberMember
(@flyboy)

Posted : 07/24/2012 7:01 pm

I was previously a big fan until they switched their formula. In fact, I can't even find the new version in my local stores, so I had to find something else. It would appear to me as though they stopped producing the triclosan version. As far as your second question goes, I'm not sure. About all you can do is try and see if the new formula works for you.

MemberMember
(@gatorbite35)

Posted : 07/25/2012 1:02 pm

I was previously a big fan until they switched their formula. In fact, I can't even find the new version in my local stores, so I had to find something else. It would appear to me as though they stopped producing the triclosan version. As far as your second question goes, I'm not sure. About all you can do is try and see if the new formula works for you.

Yeah, I just called Clean and Clear distributor and they said it's not discontinued but they're at 0% distribution. Mann, this was really working for me and now I have to find something new.

Thanks for responding!

MemberMember
(@flyer17)

Posted : 07/31/2012 3:27 pm

Did the sensitive skin version (which is identical to Purpose Gentle Cleanser) also change?

MemberMember
(@neve)

Posted : 08/06/2012 1:17 pm

OH no! the foaming cleanser works soooo well on my face, it's still in stores where I live last time I was in, please post if you find a good alternative!

MemberMember
(@gatorbite35)

Posted : 08/06/2012 11:48 pm

OH no! the foaming cleanser works soooo well on my face, it's still in stores where I live last time I was in, please post if you find a good alternative!

I'm a week into using Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar and so far so good. Its active ingredient is Triclosan at .3%. I've always been one of those people turned off by using bars for cleansers, but it really isn't that bad.

MemberMember
(@vichick)

Posted : 08/12/2012 10:09 pm

I have recently found the Clean and Clear Detoxifying Cleanser, not sure if it has the same ingredients as the foaming cleanser, but it seems to be doing the trick for me. Plus, it has a bit of a tingly feeling when washed and cleansed with the 10 second rule as said by Dan.

MemberMember
(@ashamutt)

Posted : 09/13/2012 5:02 pm

Did the sensitive skin version (which is identical to Purpose Gentle Cleanser) also change?

Yep! it sure did! bummer. They added C12-15 pareth-2

Increased the TETRASODIUM EDTA.

And decreased the QUATERNIUM-15

So the ingredients now read the same except toward the end.

WATER, PEG-80 SORBITAN LAURATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PEG-150 DISTEARATE, SODIUM LAUROAMPHO PG-ACETATE PHOSPHATE, FRAGRANCE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, C12-15 pareth-2, QUATERNIUM-15

Probably not that much of a change, but it still might throw my facial skin outta whack for a bit! :<

MemberMember
(@flyer17)

Posted : 09/15/2012 7:25 am

Yep! it sure did! bummer. They added C12-15 pareth-2

Increased the TETRASODIUM EDTA.

And decreased the QUATERNIUM-15

So the ingredients now read the same except toward the end.

WATER, PEG-80 SORBITAN LAURATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PEG-150 DISTEARATE, SODIUM LAUROAMPHO PG-ACETATE PHOSPHATE, FRAGRANCE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, C12-15 pareth-2, QUATERNIUM-15

Probably not that much of a change, but it still might throw my facial skin outta whack for a bit! :<

That's what I thought. I'm using it now but the consistency feels a little bit different. I tried searching all over the internet to find out more about the C12-15 pareth-2, but I can't find much information good or bad.

Once I'm finished with this bottle I'll probably go back to using Purpose gentle cleanser (which unfortunately costs about a dollar more and has about two ounces less per bottle).

MemberMember
(@motorcyclecindy)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:14 pm

Yes the whole ingredients have changed. When I had almost finished the 3 bottles I had bought when they ran a $2 off coupon in 2012, I bought more. I didnt pay attention to the ingredients... THEN when I washed my face for the first few times, my face felt TIGHT, like I had left soap on it. So I applied lotion. After a few more washes, it was the same thing. Tight. I pulled out my half empty bottle of the old formula and compared the ingredients. WOW what a difference.... I also noticed they removed the word, MEDICATED. Perhaps that scared people off....

I called the manufacturer and asked about it. YES, it had changed. YES I COMPLAINED! YES I asked if there was ANY of the old, still available. NO. I asked, why change it, if it was selling?? Dont they realize they will most likely loose faithful users of the product? She had no answers as to why it was changed. I told them I would no longer be buying it.

She sent me a $7 refund.

I am trying liquid Neutrogena.

Its just like everything ...you use it for a while, like it, they change it, you hate it. So my advice is, stock up on things you like...because next time it may be gone or changed.