Notifications
Clear all

dianette diary

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/15/2003 3:49 am

I went to the doctors this morning for another prescription of dianette. the doctor said i was doing really well and that dianette was working very quickly for me, he said most patients he has prescribed dianette to don't see any improvement until about 6 months of taking it. he said he is pleased it is working so well.

MemberMember
(@amelie)

Posted : 07/15/2003 4:01 am

hey barbie,

great that it's working so well for you. Congrats for the job.

wanted to ask if you experienced any side effects since taking diane35?

anyone who has used this is welcome to answer as well.

thanks

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/15/2003 5:41 am

Yes, I have experienced weight gain, i have gained half a stone. i am happy though as i am very thin and find it hard to put on weight, alot of people have commented that i dont look so skinny and look much more healthy. for people that dont want to gain weight they would probably need to start exercise or a low calorie eating plan to keep the weight off.

MemberMember
(@karen)

Posted : 07/15/2003 10:44 am

Hey

Ive been on Diane for a little over a year now, and my skin has cleared up heaps, I still get a pimple every now and then, but nothing like I used to.

I think its alot better for you than antibiotics, antibiotics can be very bad for you if your taking them for a long time, I was on Minocycline for nearly a year. Your body gets used to them and when you are really sick antibiotics won't work for you anymore & when you sop taking them your acne comes ack anyway!

Stick with the Diane, i also use the regimen.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/15/2003 4:45 pm

thanks karen :)

MemberMember
(@kkpb7825)

Posted : 07/16/2003 10:39 am

'Your body gets used to them and when you are really sick antibiotics won't work for you anymore'

just to clear it up, in case anyone on antibiotics is worried and might stop taking them, don't, because antibiotics will work for you if you get sick because, there are hundreds of antibiotics, and the family of antibiotics of which minocyline is a member, is the tetracyclines, which are broad spectrum and are used to treat not many illnesses,

so even if you do become mildly resistant to minocyclne, don't worry because you aren't resistant to any other antibiotic, (at least not because you were on the minocycline anyway).

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/18/2003 5:10 am

END OF WEEK 12

There has been more improvement this week :D

There is 1 spot on my kneck

There are 3 spots on my face

There is about a 70% improvement on my back.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/20/2003 4:58 pm

i start my job tomorrow 8-[

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/25/2003 4:49 pm

my first week at work went well :)

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/26/2003 3:34 am

END OF WEEK 13

my face is 100% clear! :)

my neck is 100% clear! :)

there is a 90% improvement on my back

MemberMember
(@spotty)

Posted : 07/26/2003 6:47 am

Hello, i'm new here, im a 15 year old girl and i live in the UK. I've suffered with acne for ages and recently my doctor prescribed me Oxytetracycline (pills) and isotrex (gel) the spots are only on my face, but are quite bad, and i pick them which i know i must stop cos it makes them worse.

I've been on the medication for about 4 days and the last 2 days i had to stop using the gel, it dried my face up so much that its peeled really badly, and no amount of moisturiser seems to do anything, i think i'd rather have spots! Does anyone know if this is normal and if i should stop the pills aswell?? please help xxxx

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/26/2003 8:12 am

i took oxetracycline pills before i took dianette they worked well but they were not a long term option as you can become imune to them, when i stopped taking them my acne came back after a few weeks, and it was a lot worse than before i started taking them. if the cream for spots from your doctors is irratateing your skin, try just taking the tablets.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/26/2003 9:19 am

No way, screw the tablets, once you get used to them they'll be ineffective. Better off with topical things like BP an Salicylic Acid.

If you want to change somethin internally, don't do the antibiotics, instead try maybe a change of diet or one of these liver cleases that i keep hearing about.

-Gaz

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 08/02/2003 3:55 am

END OF WEEK 14

I have 5 spots on my face

My back has a 95% improvement

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 08/08/2003 3:32 am

END OF WEEK 15

My face has 4 spots

My back is 100% clear :)/

MemberMember
(@xx_liz_xx)

Posted : 08/08/2003 10:23 am

Hi Barbie,

Just been reading through your Dianette diary, im so glad things have go so well for you :)

Im jealous now, i was put on Dianette for a year but unfortunatly was taken off them by my doctor because i suffer from migranes so therefore was at high risk of having a stroke.

I thought dianette worked brialliantly i was 95% clear on my bak and 100% clear on my face and neck.

Unfortunatly my spots are back now that im off Dianette, but ive just ordered a Demalux light box for acne, cost me ‚£200 just waiting for it to arrive im hoping it works as its my last solution [-o<

Anyway hope things continue to go so well for you

Love Liz

:)

MemberMember
(@by)

Posted : 08/08/2003 10:20 pm

Hi there,

First off, congratulations to Barbie. I had pretty good results with Diane too. For xX_Liz_Xx, who had migrane problems, I experience that too during the first few months of taking it, but it seemed to have stopped bothering me. I don't know how serious it was for you and how long it lasted for you.

MemberMember
(@xx_liz_xx)

Posted : 08/09/2003 10:45 am

:)

Hi,

I only used to get one bad migrane a year. When i get a migrane i lose the sight in my eye so its pretty bad. When i started on dianette the firt couple of months were fine, then i noticed i was getting 2 migranes a week so went bak 2 the doctor and she told me to come off dianette straight away, ive pleaded with my doctor numerous time to let me go back on dianette but she wont allow me to! :)

Luv

Liz

xXx

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 08/22/2003 4:48 pm

END OF WEEK 17

for the last 2 weeks i have been 100% clear! :D/

MemberMember
(@by)

Posted : 08/23/2003 5:33 pm

Hey, Barbie,

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel nice when your skin finally looks the way it should look. Did your doctor say you can stay on Dianette long term? Is it safe?

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 08/26/2003 11:35 am

my doctor never discussed if i could be on dianette long term or short term.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 08/29/2003 8:20 am

END OF WEEK 18

I have been 100% clear this week :)

MemberMember
(@aw)

Posted : 08/30/2003 10:39 am

Hi Barbie. I have just started Dianette myself. I have a few questions. During the 7 day breaks, does the oily skin come back? And did you also do Dan's regimen while on Dianette?

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 09/06/2003 5:24 am

yes, my skin is slightly oilyer during the last few days of the seven day break.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 09/06/2003 5:25 am

i did not do dans regime.