Notifications
Clear all

dianette diary

MemberMember
(@kelly1212)

Posted : 03/09/2005 2:23 pm

I've been on dianette for over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@hatinit)

Posted : 03/09/2005 3:43 pm

i've been ordering diane 35 for the past 3 months online.. i just orders some from http://www.diane-35-acne-birth-control-pills.com/ and i only recieved half my order,, and only 21 pills after spending 93$.. has this happened to anyone else? or where do u order it from, if your in the states?

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 03/09/2005 4:04 pm

I am so mad evil.gif  I went to the doctors on monday for my next prescription of Dianette and the doctor wouldnt give it to me! He said i have been on it for two years, and Dianette is not licenced for long term used, so he has switched me on to another pill instead called Marvelon. Has anyone heard of this pill? Has anyone else had to stop taking Dianette cos there doctors wont give it to them anymore? Has anyone else had to switch from Dianette to Marvelon? I would be grateful for anyones advice. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 03/11/2005 3:56 am

Thanks for the replies, i'll let you know how i get on.

MemberMember
(@hazelnut66)

Posted : 03/12/2005 5:29 pm

Hi Barbie  biggrin.gif

Im glad your seeing some improvement with Dianette, I hope it continues to get better.

I stopped taking Dianette last month after taking it for a year. I really pinned all my hopes on it working as I've got, literally, nothing else left to try. I thought it had a good chance of working as my acnes only on the bottom half of my face so I thought it might be hormonal but it didn't do a thing. In fact I think it made it a little worse and my skin got a lot oilier (and it was REALLY oily to begin with). Oh well  ](*,)

MemberMember
(@ellebelle)

Posted : 03/13/2005 8:27 pm

hi, i'm new here but was looking up info about dianette recently and came across this board. dianette seems to have worked really well for the original poster, but I would like to share my experience of it.

I was put on it at 13 (I am now 19) for acne. I wasn't able to take oral antibiotics because of another medical condition that was treated with a variety of antibiotics so it was important not to desensitise my body to them. So Dianette was the only option really. It has worked well. I still got ocassional breakouts, and I did sometimes still get a bit annoyed with my skin- it wasn't ever perfectly clear. But I did get compliments on it which was quite an odd but nice experience! On reflection it basically kept my skin looking presentable and it wasn't half way as bad as when I had loads of spots.

HOWEVER

I would REALLY REALLY urge anyone who is on dianette or considering taking it to bear in mind the following:

don't just get it on repeat prescription without check ups at your doctor. they need to look out for the warning signs of serious side effects. it is quite rare for a doctor to allow this to happen, but mine did, (which I'm annoyed about, but I wasn't being conscientious about it either). the avoidance of serious side effects is much more important than coming off dianette and the resultant impact on your skin. i've been on both sides of that fence- and trust me, i'd like to be on the spotty but healthy side!

DO give yourself breaks. proper breaks! more than one month off.

i now have hypertension which is damaging my sole remaining kidney. it was only picked up because when I changed doctors to my university doctor she looked at my blood pressure. it is now being medicated, and is obviously a bit more complicated for me because of my medical history, but I can honestly only think that this is due to having taken dianette for so long. i didn't give myself breaks, i was lax about check ups.

re my skin- i did get quite bad skin on my face after i stopped. but i am hoping this is due to my body getting used to the change, rather than a return of the acne. i am using clinique now which seems to be having a positive effect.

good luck all. basically- consider whether the health risks are justifiable if you are considering dianette as your next option. if you are already taking it, please be conscientious- don't make the same mistakes as me!

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 03/22/2005 4:07 am

I have been taking Marvelon for two weeks now and so far my skin has not got any worse biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 10/15/2005 10:48 am

I have not been taking Dianette for 7 months now, my skin has gone back to being oily and i get about 4 cysts on my face at a time, but no pimples. but i would rather have pimples, i hate big painful cysts, and to make it worse i pick them. im not sure weather to go on dianette again or stick it out and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 02/09/2006 6:21 am

I have been on Marvelon for a year now. After being on it for about 6 months my skin got really bad, but a few months later it went nice again and has stayed like it. I think it must take time for the body to adjust to a new pill, so I am glad I stuck with the Marvelon, as my skin is fine now, the same as it was while I was on Dianette.

MemberMember
(@littleone14)

Posted : 09/08/2008 8:40 am

hi everybody :)

i have been taking dianette for 4 weeks and so far, although it has worked quite well on all the whiteheads i had on my forehead, i now have big red spots appearing on my forehead, has this happened to anyone else? im not sure if its just all the spots coming to a head before going. i am not helping the situation though, has anyone else heard of putting baking soda on acne as an exfoliator, it worked on my whiteheads, but i did it this morning and now i have a bright red forehead and the spots i did have have turned bright red and scabbed. i feel so ugly. i have noticed that my forehead is less oily than it was, but acne wise, no improvement really. how long will it take before i notice results? im going to university in a week and a half and i really didnt want to be going there with acne but it doesnt look like iv got any choice now :(

x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/07/2011 8:26 pm

END OF MONTH 10

my skin is loads better than before i started dianette. i have just been getting one or two small spots a week

it makes me sooo much more hopeful about my own skin when i hear other people are finding things that actually work for them :D

i started dianette two days ago, im going to keep a diary like yours so that i can see the progress and others can see it as well and maybe help themselves too

thanks so much for keeping the diary its helped me loads!

x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/08/2013 6:56 am

This thread is so old but if anyone else is reading this more recently then I have a bit of info on dianette as Ive been taking it for 3 years now

Basically, its no cure for acne in my experience, I did see a change in the acne on my chest and back and no longer have that anymore, but as for my face there really was no change.

I used 2.5% BP and the regimen and that is the only thing that got my face clear, and I mean like, completely clear so I cant recommend it enough. My issue is that the 2.5% panoxyl gel has been discontinued in the UK and the 10% that I had to use has basically ruined my skin again as its too harsh and aggravates my acne, so I've now ordered Dans 2.5% gel from the US. Hopefully this gets me back on track because my life was completely changed when I was clear