(@barbie)

Posted : 06/13/2003 7:05 am

END OF WEEK 7

I have noticed an improvement! :)

i now have 11 spots on my chest

38 spots on my neck and no cysts

31 spots on my face and only one cyst on my face

my back is still covered though

i know it is not a great improvement but atleast it is a bit. my face is not hardly greasy at all and my complexion looks fresher and not so dull. :D

MemberMember
(@dstar)

Posted : 06/13/2003 9:04 am

Good stuff- keep the faith! I had mild acne 3 years ago and diane was amazing -although probably took 3 months to get dramatic results- its worth it. Unfortunatly for me my acne has come back with a vengence after 1 year off diane and I am about to start back on the diane35/ roaccutane combo. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

D

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/18/2003 4:51 am

After reading lots of old posts about birth control i am going to make sure i take the dianette tablet at exactly the same time every day. (9.00 in the morning).

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/18/2003 4:52 am

Good luck dstar! Let me know how you get on.

MemberMember
(@nessa)

Posted : 06/18/2003 12:34 pm

Hi Barbie :)

Im glad your seeing some improvement with Dianette, I hope it continues to get better.

I stopped taking Dianette last month after taking it for a year. I really pinned all my hopes on it working as I've got, literally, nothing else left to try. I thought it had a good chance of working as my acnes only on the bottom half of my face so I thought it might be hormonal but it didn't do a thing. In fact I think it made it a little worse and my skin got a lot oilier (and it was REALLY oily to begin with). Oh well ](*,)

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/20/2003 6:50 am

END OF WEEK 8

More improvement! :D

On my chest there are 5 spots

on my neck there are 29

on my face there are 21 spots and 1 cyst

there is about a 10% improvement on my back

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/27/2003 6:35 am

END OF WEEK 9

Things are getting better :D

i have 1 spot on my chest

i have 18 spots on my neck

i have 11 spots on my face

on my back there is about a 15% improvement

I HAVE NO CYSTS

My face is getting a bit dry and flaking so i am going to adjust my cleansing routine to:

MORNING: wash face with no7 gel cleanser for oily to combination skin, then use boots tea tree exfoliator, pat face dry with towel and then spray with cold water, then pat face dry with towel. apply lipbalm to lips.

NIGHT TIME: wash face with no7 gel cleanser for oily to combination skin, pat dry with towel, spray face with cold water, pat dry with a towel and apply clearasil active treatment cream to whole face apart from eye area and lips. apply lipbalm.

5 TIMES A WEEK USE CLEAN AND CLEAR FACE MASK IN THE NIGHT TIME ROUTINE

MemberMember
(@narleta)

Posted : 06/27/2003 5:50 pm

Congrats gal! I'm so happy things are getting better for u. Narleta :D/

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/28/2003 5:53 am

Thankyou Narleta :D

MemberMember
(@mel-101-2)

Posted : 06/28/2003 7:12 pm

I'm glad things are starting to improve for you :D

.. You say you have had a 15% improvement on your back, what percentage of improvement would you say you've had on your face??

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/29/2003 2:46 pm

i am measuring the improvement on my back in percentages as there are to many spots to count. when i started dianette i had 44 spots on my face and 5 cysts on my face. now i have 11 spots on my face (after 9 weeks on dianette), i would say that is about an 80% improvement on my face?

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/30/2003 4:04 am

As i feel a bit better about my self i am going to start looking for a job.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/02/2003 5:23 am

i went to the cinema last night for the first time in ages. :D:D i no i still have spots but i feel so much better now they are not covering my whole face and there are now no cysts. my boyfriend is happy that i am getting braver and going out side.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/02/2003 5:35 am

i always used to pick my spots which has left some scarring on my face, so since starting dianette i have promised myself i will never pick a spot again as i dont want more scarring to add to the ones i have got. now i have stopped picking the spots they do not leave any marks.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/04/2003 9:00 am

END OF WEEK 10

i have no spots on my chest :D/

i have 7 spots on my kneck

i have 5 spots on my face

there is about 40% improvement on my back

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/09/2003 6:56 am

I have got a job interview! :)/ it is for a childrens nanny job, it is only temporary (for 8 weeks) but that is ok because i start university at the end of september. i really hope i get the job [-o<

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/10/2003 9:00 am

My job interview is in an hours time, i am so nervous. The house where the interview is, is only 5 streets away and less then a 10 minutes walk, so atleast i have got 45 minutes before i have to leave. i am so so nervous i think i should of wore makeup but i promised myself i wouldnt wear any until my skin gets better, i havent wore any for three months now. i suppose wearing makeup is not really important when looking after a 4 year old. sorry for ramberling i am just so nervous 8-[

MemberMember
(@mel-101-2)

Posted : 07/10/2003 12:38 pm

Good luck Barbie, I really hope you get the job!!! but I guess this message is posted a little too late, because I'm guessing your interview is over now..

So, did you get the job?!?!?!?

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/11/2003 10:03 am

The job interview went well, but the lady has got another girl to interview. she said she will let me no if i have the job or not by monday. so i just have to wait and see [-o<

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/11/2003 10:10 am

END OF WEEK 11

There has been a slight improvement this week

there are 5 spots on my neck

there are four spots on my face

there is a 50% improvement on my back

I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday as i have finished the first prescription of tablets, so he needs to see if i have had any improvement and to give me another prescription of dianette tablets.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/14/2003 3:39 am

I got the job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I start on the 21st of july :)

MemberMember
(@feiph)

Posted : 07/14/2003 1:14 pm

I don't know if you know this or not but.... I saw a news special on Diane35. People have died using this drug because of blood clotting. You have 4 times greater risk of blood clotting than normal birth control pills.

so... just be careful.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/14/2003 5:05 pm

the blood clot thing is a bit worrying. does anyone know the symptoms of a blood clot? i thought it might be good to know, cos then if i get any of the symptoms i will know to stop taking the dianette tablets.

MemberMember
(@kkpb7825)

Posted : 07/14/2003 6:36 pm

thrombosis (unwanted blood clots) isn't a disease, so it doesn't have symptoms like a disease would that last a while. It comes on quickly, and the symptoms that occur will depend on the position of the clot in the body, but commonly, the clot will occur in a vein, and there might be a dull pain in the area, and a swelling that will probably be blue-red in colour, in DVT the pain and swelling will obviously be in the affected leg.

If you are concerned by this then you should speak to a doctor, but it might be worth taking 400-800iu of vitamin E every day as this is a very gentle blood thinner, and it also has many many other useful properties.

Make sure you get some which is 'natural source' as this is far more effective.

Also if you are on a plane, or anywhere where you are stationary for a while you must do calf exercises, or better; get up and walk about abit. i

f you are on a plane it is a very good idea to take 1 aspirin tablet (only one) every 3-4 hours, as this will stop thrombosis from occuring, though you should also do the exercises.....i hope this was some help.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 07/15/2003 3:46 am

Thanks for the advice :)