Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35 And Clindoxyl Gel Log (Pics)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 05/11/2014 9:03 pm

Less improvement than I'd like, I think it's time to invest in a stronger peel maybe. But that isn't to say that there's NO improvement. Overall tone looks better I think, and some marks have definitely faded since last time. Also I haven't gotten any new pimples recently so it hasn't been adding to the marks. I might start a new thread for my PIH since I'm essentially clear now and am just working on my skin tone. smile.png

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 05/13/2014 6:42 am

My current status is similar to yours, being on hormonal treatment and b.p. that keep me more or less clear of active acne but left with marks. Something that could also be used to treat them is a cream or serum with vitamin c. I have done this before and i believe it helps. I recently started using again my moisturizer with vitamin c and also a vitamin c serum. I don't know if you can add something like that to your skin routine.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 05/15/2014 8:10 pm

My current status is similar to yours, being on hormonal treatment and b.p. that keep me more or less clear of active acne but left with marks. Something that could also be used to treat them is a cream or serum with vitamin c. I have done this before and i believe it helps. I recently started using again my moisturizer with vitamin c and also a vitamin c serum. I don't know if you can add something like that to your skin routine.

I use Dan's 10% AHA every night and 40% lactic acid peels once a week, so I'm not sure if I want to add another cream to the mix...when would I apply that relative to my current routine? I don't really use anything other than moisturiser in the morning 'cause I wear make up during the day, and I have pretty sensitive skin so I'm afraid too many different products will irritate it. Did you buy your Vit C serum? If so what brand did you buy and how much was it? Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 05/16/2014 5:58 am

I use Dan's 10% AHA every night and 40% lactic acid peels once a week, so I'm not sure if I want to add another cream to the mix...when would I apply that relative to my current routine? I don't really use anything other than moisturiser in the morning 'cause I wear make up during the day, and I have pretty sensitive skin so I'm afraid too many different products will irritate it. Did you buy your Vit C serum? If so what brand did you buy and how much was it? Thanks!

The one i use is made by apivita (you probably never heard that before) but it will be difficult for you to find and expensive. I can't really recommend it because the prices i have seen are about double or even more the amount i pay for it and i don't think it's worth it. I love it because it is 96% natural and quite lightweight so i can use it just before my moisturiser without feeling like it's too much or use it on its own but... I suggested vitamin c more as a substance than a specific product because i am sure you can find something as good as mine yet with a more reasonable price. Just keep that in mind, if you don't want to pay for something like that perhaps try free samples on a small and not very visible area of your face to see if it agrees with your skin.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:01 pm

It's been 4 months since my last update! Not much has changed in my routine - still using the same stuff that's under my signature. Only thing is I've actually stopped using the lactic acid peel because I lost the pH balancer during my move I should re-order it but I've been so caught up what with going back to school and all that jazz. I started Diane last July so it's been over a year now. It has had it's ups and downs but I think after maybe the 7/8 month mark I don't seem to be feeling the side effects as much.

Also, I still get the occasional pimple, but they are even less frequent now. They do leave marks, but I find they don't last as long anymore. So if you're wondering what the white spots are they're just my spot treatment (BP).

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 09/09/2014 7:41 pm

Wow your skin looks beautiful! The texture has improved so much congrats!

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 09/09/2014 9:31 pm

Your skin looks amazing! I'm so happy for you!!! :)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 01/11/2015 4:37 pm

SO I made the dumbest decision of my life. I started using epiduo for a little less than 2 weeks and I didn't think about the fact that it would make my skin thinner/more sensitive, so I decided to do a lactic acid peel and BAM I burned my skin. Luckily it's only a little patch next to my ear so my hair can cover but it's so frustrating because now the skin is all scaly/red/irritated.

Not to mention the general redness epiduo is giving me cause WOW my face hasn't been this red since forever! It's making whatever PIH I have look even worse because they're all bright red now. I can cover it up fine with makeup but I hate looking at my face once I take it off.

I know this isn't really about my Diane exp anymore but I didn't wanna start a new log. I've been using Epiduo cause I wanted to get rid of the couple of spots I still seem to be getting. I know it's only been the first two weeks but man I dread it so much. I haven't had to deal with the "initial breakout" or symptoms in so long since my regimen has stayed the same and now it feels like I'm starting from scratch.

Up side is that epiduo works very fast on existing acne...but the redness that I'm getting makes me feel like my acne has exploded everywhere. :/