Notifications
Clear all

Brenda/diane/juliett 35Ed

MemberMember
(@sickandtiredofacne21)

Posted : 07/01/2013 5:55 pm

Okay so i need some serious advice because i'm losing my mind - quite literally.

I've been on brenda (generic of diane) for just under 3 months which i know is the time where your face goes out of control because your body is getting used to the hormonal change. I have read up soo much about this drug and i'm seriously considering going off it early only because once you go off it so many people has said they have broken out so much worse than what they started with. I had mild hormonal acne but very persistant, i've had it since i was probably 14-15 and i'm now 21. I've never had cysts but i now have a few on my jawline with practically makes my face look deformed and 1 on my cheek. I've become severely depressed i believe because this has occured and now i haven't gone a day without crying because of it.

My question is can someone provide me with a POSITIVE experience of coming off it. How did you handle the breakout out.

Someone please give me some good news or what they have done instead.

please.

MemberMember
(@allgoodnow)

Posted : 07/05/2013 8:01 am

To get the least side effects when coming off would be to stop it sooner than later. I was on the pill for 7 years n Diane worked after gettin bad skin from the usual pill GPs prescribe u and I stayed on it for a few years. Made me feel depressed n the doctors never put it down to the pill, they thought I needed to take antidepressants on top of the pill, now knowin it was the pill that was causing the depression. I went onto a lower dose pill. My skin got bad, I was still depressed, went back on diane for a year n my skin didnt clear up like initially. my stomach got bad n I got prescribed more meds for that, which actually ruined my stomach more. Long story short, after a lot of doctors appointments that didn't fix my problems I did my own research and gathered that the pill causes stomach problems along with many drugs in the long run, hence the acne in my case. I believe being 100% natural is the best solution. I have a ladycomp which protects me from gettin pregnant. I stopped all meds, and I've detoxed my body and I feel so much better for it. It's taken me along time to do so and wish I stopped the pill years ago. I hope this helps. Dnt feel that the pill is the only option. Ladycomp is great along with other natural contraception. At the end of the day its ur body that matters n lookin after ur health. I don't believe the body is meant to have medication on a long term basis n acne is its way of tellin u this:-). After all acne is an overload of hormones or/and toxins your liver can't cope with. Hope this helps. All the best.