Notifications
Clear all

The Bad List: Comedogenic Ingredients And Products

MemberMember
(@kathie)

Posted : 02/13/2017 1:00 pm

I can't get to the good list. When I click on the link, it says it's not available.

MemberMember
(@kathie)

Posted : 02/13/2017 1:23 pm

I don't want to post anything. I just want the "good" list. 🙂

MemberMember
(@islanda)

Posted : 03/07/2017 9:49 pm

On April 6, 2016 at 7:46 PM, BestestTexas said:

I would like to see the research about grapeseed oil. I have never read anything negative about it for facial skin, and repeatedly read that it's in fact, non-comdogenic. Anecdotally, it's the best thing I've ever applied to my face. Please provide research.

I would also like to see some kind of research on grape seed oil. Because everywhere else I read it has a low comedogenic rating. Anyone?

MemberMember
(@ashiqat-aljana)

Posted : 04/22/2017 3:56 am

Thanks, this post is great..

MemberMember
(@eco-21)

Posted : 05/29/2017 4:52 pm

On 21.08.2012 at 10:22 AM, Green Gables said:

Comedogenic: Tending to produce or aggravate acne.

This post lists comedogenic ingredients and products containing those ingredients above a certain threshold. This is the BAD LIST of what to avoid in your skin care products. If you want the good list of non-comedogenic products, see this alternate post.

ingredient : comedogenic factor : irritant factor

Palmitic acid : 2 : 0
Stearic acid : 2 : 0

Typical fatty acid profile of shea butter:
Palmitic acid: 4 %
Stearic acid : 43 % !!!
Oleic acid: 44 %
Linoleic acid : 6 %
Eicosanoic acid : 1.5 %
Eicosenoic acid : 0.3 %

How? and Why?

Shea butter : 0 : 0

MemberMember
(@eco-21)

Posted : 05/29/2017 5:28 pm

On 08.03.2017 at 6:49 AM, IslandA said:
On 07.04.2016 at 6:46 AM, BestestTexas said:

I would like to see the research about grapeseed oil. I have never read anything negative about it for facial skin, and repeatedly read that it's in fact, non-comdogenic. Anecdotally, it's the best thing I've ever applied to my face. Please provide research.

I would also like to see some kind of research on grape seed oil. Because everywhere else I read it has a low comedogenic rating. Anyone?

Grape seed oil cant be comedogenic
Because it does not contain comedogenic ingredients in the composition (with the exception of palmitic acid in the amount of 9%):

linoleic acid: 58-78%
oleic acid: 12-28%
arachidonic acid: 0.1%
palmitic acid: 5-9%
alpha-linolenic acid: 0.4%
palmitoleic acid: 0.6%

In small quantities:
ricinoleic acid
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Beta carotene
Lechitin
Resveratrol

MemberMember
(@eco-21)

Posted : 05/30/2017 5:09 am

Moreover, in many scientific researches Palmitic Acid is regarded as one of the acids played main role in formation of acne. Especially, in the case of acne, it is observed that the amount of palmitic acid increase on the sebum of skin. That is why, it is not true to rate palmitic acid as comedogenic 2. It must be rated at list comedogenic 3.

MemberMember
(@cosmicsim1)

Posted : 11/30/2017 9:53 am

Wow @greengables, thank you SO MUCH for this incredible list. You outdid yourself!!! With that said, are there ANY 100% non-comedogenic cleansers out there? what do ya'llrecommend?? Thank you!!!!

MemberMember
(@acosmeticchemist)

Posted : 05/27/2019 4:04 pm

Many of the ratings on this list are incorrect. For instance, grapeseed oil is considered non-comedogenic, with a comedogency rating of only 1

MemberMember
(@dra-pam-galeana)

Posted : 07/07/2020 4:38 pm

Thislist is amazing! Thanksfor your efforts.What about the Aveeno products,Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Night Creme,Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads andCerave Sa Renewing Lotion ??

MemberMember
(@camila-irwin)

Posted : 06/07/2021 6:37 pm

I may have missed it but I didnt see any aveeno products on the list. Im wondering where on the list Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer with spf 15/ spf 30 May be on the list....

MemberMember
(@jr2)

Posted : 11/25/2022 7:41 pm

Does anyone have another link to the good list? I clicked on the one in the post and there was an error message that says it could not be found.

MemberMember
(@hotshotjacko)

Posted : 11/19/2023 6:20 am

Posted by: @kathie

I don't want to post anything. I just want the "good" list. 🙂

Here is the link https://www.acne.org/forums/5-cosmetics-grooming/319656-the-good-list-non-comedogenic-ingredients-and-products