Notifications
Clear all

OK girls(and guys)...what shampoos are you liking?

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 07/30/2011 7:51 pm

I have tried expensive shampoos and conditioners but I always go back to Herbal Essence and Aussie. I love them both. They make my hair soft and all the varieties smell soooooooo good, way better than expensive brands.

Sigh, Ive tried both of them they smell nice but I think they break me out :-(

I seem to be sensitive to things with /laurel/laureth sulfates that kind of thing.

Id like to just be able to buy reasonable priced shampoo instead of this specialty stuff lol.

L'Or©al Everpure is sulfate free and stuff, have you tried it? I don't think it's too expensive.

No havent tried that one maybe I will .

MemberMember
(@cupkate)

Posted : 08/03/2011 3:00 pm

I like Live Clean...it's vegan, sulfate-free, organic, mostly plant derived and relatively cheap.

Ooops that sounded like a commercial... :D

I have thick, coarse hair and this product does a good job in keeping it managable. I know they do have shampoos and conditioners with argan oil in them.

MemberMember
(@cloudscloudsclouds)

Posted : 08/03/2011 3:09 pm

The best shampoo for me is http://www.bioderma.com/en/nc/the-products...action/240.html . It is great, because I need to wash my hair almost every day.

I remember using shampoo by Klorane too. I cannot recall the exact name, but it was violet. That shampoo used to make my hairs really soft, but I switched to Bioderma due to the more reasonable price and because I could use it daily.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/04/2011 2:06 am

I like using Organic Care, I think it's an Australian-owned brand through. It's also vegan, etc. Never broken me out and very cheap. :D Good for a closet hippie like me.

I've never seen an actual shampoo and conditioner with argan oil... hm.

I always think argan oil sounds like something from an RPG. Like you have to do a quest to get it.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/04/2011 3:21 am

I like using Organic Care, I think it's an Australian-owned brand through. It's also vegan, etc. Never broken me out and very cheap. :D Good for a closet hippie like me.

I always think argan oil sounds like something from an RPG. Like you have to do a quest to get it.

Hey Elle, have you ever heard of Aussie Miracle shampoo? I use it all the time, and brought it to Perth with me and my friends had never heard of it. I looked on the bottle and it's made in the UK in Slough. Good one Slough!

PS, regarding your comment on my page... I HATE that hair care companies lie to people saying that their product will repair your hair. Hair is literally dead cells, it can't heal because it is dead. My hair dresser recently quit the salon to be a nurse (kudos to her but she has ABANDONED ME!!), so I went to a new one and she was crapping on about moroccan oil repairing your hair, even after I told her the science she looked at me blankly for a while, then said "yeah, moroccan oil will heal your hair". Hmmm...

I used to dye and cut my own hair and straighten it and blow dry it every day. Until my hair felt like a bail of hay. Then I stopped with all the heat treatments, went to a great hair dresser and two years on my hair is heaps better. Moroccan Oil has been my saviour - put it on when it's wet and it dries wavy rather than frizzy. Worth the expense I reckon!

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/04/2011 6:05 am

Hey Elle, have you ever heard of Aussie Miracle shampoo? I use it all the time, and brought it to Perth with me and my friends had never heard of it. I looked on the bottle and it's made in the UK in Slough. Good one Slough!

PS, regarding your comment on my page... I HATE that hair care companies lie to people saying that their product will repair your hair. Hair is literally dead cells, it can't heal because it is dead. My hair dresser recently quit the salon to be a nurse (kudos to her but she has ABANDONED ME!!), so I went to a new one and she was crapping on about moroccan oil repairing your hair, even after I told her the science she looked at me blankly for a while, then said "yeah, moroccan oil will heal your hair". Hmmm...

I used to dye and cut my own hair and straighten it and blow dry it every day. Until my hair felt like a bail of hay. Then I stopped with all the heat treatments, went to a great hair dresser and two years on my hair is heaps better. Moroccan Oil has been my saviour - put it on when it's wet and it dries wavy rather than frizzy. Worth the expense I reckon!

I have heard of it, but only from people in the UK, unsurprisingly. I've never seen it here!

I die a little on the inside when I hear slogans like 'For hair full of life!' and crap like that. Yes, so full of life... the dead cells being pushed out of your scalp is so full of life and all that. It annoys me that stuff gets plugged as being 'repairing' when all it really does is smooth the follicle and damage down with product. Hey, I'm all for that, because I inflict so much torture on my hair that it needs it, but I'm not naive enough to think that I can actually repair my split ends and such.

I'm trying to grow my hair out slowly! I used to have really curly hair down to the middle of my back, then decided I didn't like curly hair anymore and had it chemically straightened. It was easily the stupidest thing I've ever done to my hair. Long story short, they botched it, and I had to hack off my hair up to my ears. I've been trying to grow it out for years. So far I'm doing alright! All I want is my long curly hair again, but it's so hard to resist over-processing and straightening it... it doesn't curl once I dry it out. I might have to get my hands on moroccan oil if it calms the frizz down. I feel like such a dero when my hair frizzes up.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/04/2011 6:30 am

I have heard of it, but only from people in the UK, unsurprisingly. I've never seen it here!

I die a little on the inside when I hear slogans like 'For hair full of life!' and crap like that. Yes, so full of life... the dead cells being pushed out of your scalp is so full of life and all that. It annoys me that stuff gets plugged as being 'repairing' when all it really does is smooth the follicle and damage down with product. Hey, I'm all for that, because I inflict so much torture on my hair that it needs it, but I'm not naive enough to think that I can actually repair my split ends and such.

I'm trying to grow my hair out slowly! I used to have really curly hair down to the middle of my back, then decided I didn't like curly hair anymore and had it chemically straightened. It was easily the stupidest thing I've ever done to my hair. Long story short, they botched it, and I had to hack off my hair up to my ears. I've been trying to grow it out for years. So far I'm doing alright! All I want is my long curly hair again, but it's so hard to resist over-processing and straightening it... it doesn't curl once I dry it out. I might have to get my hands on moroccan oil if it calms the frizz down. I feel like such a dero when my hair frizzes up.

It's a good shampoo but in general, I like using supermarket own brands. I find they have the least chemicals in them and will probably be better for my hair in the long run. Fighting the corporate devils and all that...

Oh no that's rubbish RE your botched straightening. I'm sure you looked fit and elfin with the crop though.

I wish someone told me a long time ago that heat treatments like hair dryers and straighteners are killing your hair every time you do it!

I've used serums before that make my hair kinda greasy and heavy, moroccan oil is the first I've used that actually does what I want it to do. It's frickin expensive though. And don't forget to lock the cap if you take it somewhere in an over night bag... My knickers and wash bag were sooo slick after that disaster.

I'm also trying to grow my hair longer. I think the best tips I can give are:

-Get half an inch trimmed off every two months. Your hair grows half an inch a month but if you don't get regular trims, the ends will split and break off higher up.

-Let your hair get dirty, and brush the grease through with a boar bristle comb. Washing the natural oils from your hair every day will dry it out and make it more prone to snapping

-I brush my hair upside down to get the blood circulation to my scalp, giving yourself a scalp massage when you're shampooing does the same thing

-Blast your hair off with cold water at the end of a shower to close the follicles at your scalp and smooth the shaft.

-DON'T use hair elastics. They break your hair. I used to take my hair out of a bun and see lines of breaks. Hair sticks are awesome. And cheap. If I don't have any available I use chopsticks of little knitting needles.

-Don't rub your hair with a towel. Will break the hair. Squeeze it dry. Don't brush when wet either. Brush before the shower and your hair should be relatively tangle free when it dries.

-Don't straighten or curl it. I sometimes use velcro rollers, spritz them with water then wait for them to dry. The velcro is actually bad but better than a zillion degree heat.

-Silk pillows are better than cotton - and I french plait my hair at night to stop it from getting tangled.

Yeah, I'm nearly as obsessed with my hair as I am with my skin. The only supplements I can say helped my hair grow quicker were Sea Kelp... but kelp broke me out really badly. Eating tofu is meant to speed up growth but I find that stuff really hard to find.

Anyway... Hope this helped, sorry for the hair lecture xx

MemberMember
(@whenandwhere)

Posted : 08/04/2011 11:14 am

I've been using the Fekkai Au Natural sulphate free shampoo. I am one of those people who get oil slicks 4 hours after shampooing but since I've been using this stuff along with the conditioner, I can even skip days between shampoos! Amazing! It doesn't lather up too awesomely but it does the job and my hair has never been this "normal."

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/04/2011 8:59 pm

It's a good shampoo but in general, I like using supermarket own brands. I find they have the least chemicals in them and will probably be better for my hair in the long run. Fighting the corporate devils and all that...

Oh no that's rubbish RE your botched straightening. I'm sure you looked fit and elfin with the crop though.

I wish someone told me a long time ago that heat treatments like hair dryers and straighteners are killing your hair every time you do it!

I've used serums before that make my hair kinda greasy and heavy, moroccan oil is the first I've used that actually does what I want it to do. It's frickin expensive though. And don't forget to lock the cap if you take it somewhere in an over night bag... My knickers and wash bag were sooo slick after that disaster.

-Get half an inch trimmed off every two months. Your hair grows half an inch a month but if you don't get regular trims, the ends will split and break off higher up.

-Let your hair get dirty, and brush the grease through with a boar bristle comb. Washing the natural oils from your hair every day will dry it out and make it more prone to snapping

-I brush my hair upside down to get the blood circulation to my scalp, giving yourself a scalp massage when you're shampooing does the same thing

-Blast your hair off with cold water at the end of a shower to close the follicles at your scalp and smooth the shaft.

-DON'T use hair elastics. They break your hair. I used to take my hair out of a bun and see lines of breaks. Hair sticks are awesome. And cheap. If I don't have any available I use chopsticks of little knitting needles.

-Don't rub your hair with a towel. Will break the hair. Squeeze it dry. Don't brush when wet either. Brush before the shower and your hair should be relatively tangle free when it dries.

-Don't straighten or curl it. I sometimes use velcro rollers, spritz them with water then wait for them to dry. The velcro is actually bad but better than a zillion degree heat.

-Silk pillows are better than cotton - and I french plait my hair at night to stop it from getting tangled.

Yeah, I'm nearly as obsessed with my hair as I am with my skin. The only supplements I can say helped my hair grow quicker were Sea Kelp... but kelp broke me out really badly. Eating tofu is meant to speed up growth but I find that stuff really hard to find.

Oh, no... not elfin at all, I don't have the right kind of face with pretty, pointed features. I don't mind my face, but long hair definitely suits me better, I think! :D

I will definitely take your advice. I'm guilty of using hair elastics every day... I don't even know how to use hair sticks. I did buy a bun net recently with a clip, I don't think that'd damage it since it only has to slide in and lock into place, so maybe that'll spare some of the breakage. Just have to wait for it to get here in the mail now.

I only use my wide-tooth comb when my hair is wet. I've learned the hard way that hair, especially when it's delicate, loves snapping when it's being brushed if it's wet. I will poke around for a boar bristle brush/comb today. The only problem is the curls. My hair is a lot healthier, if I use a bristle brush it might turn into frizz city. I'd like to try the oil to see if I can put that in and let it air dry. I've NEVER found a product that has stopped my hair from frizzing so I just haven't been able to leave it down. It's half the reason I'm growing it out. When it grows longer it weighs it down a bit and it sits better. My younger sister has the most amazing hair. It falls almost to her waist in big soft curls. My hair used to be like that. :( Her is so nice because she doesn't do anything to it. Washes it, combs it, leaves it. Never straightens or dyes it. She was blessed with all the nice physical traits. Except she's 4'9" at 18 so she's pretty much a midget and she can't reach the cereal box. I consider that fair.

Oh! Also! How do you guys feel about dry shampoo? The ones I've tried leave too much powdery residue even after they're brushed out. I don't wash my hair much (and hate how it feels after I've washed it, it's light and fluffy and overall just icky) but the oil is also not that great.

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 08/04/2011 9:34 pm

"Anyway... Hope this helped, sorry for the hair lecture xx"

not at all girls I like your ideas!

I found some moroccan oil(argan oil) I got Indiana Jones to track it down for me 😛

Just kidding! but yeah I think Im going to like it. We have Aussie products in the US hmm shouldnt they have it in Australia--?guess that is a misnomer as I think is the proper term.

Abigail, I and Gutterflower are growing our hair till X-mas care to join in? Anyone else? I really need some reason to not cut it.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/05/2011 3:09 am

I will definitely take your advice. I'm guilty of using hair elastics every day... I don't even know how to use hair sticks. I did buy a bun net recently with a clip, I don't think that'd damage it since it only has to slide in and lock into place, so maybe that'll spare some of the breakage. Just have to wait for it to get here in the mail now.

There are probably some youtube videos of how to use hair sticks, you pretty much twist it into a bun then use the stick to weave into your hair, then into the bun, then your hair; then you do the same in the opposite direction with the other stick. It's more secure than you'd think!

I only use my wide-tooth comb when my hair is wet. I've learned the hard way that hair, especially when it's delicate, loves snapping when it's being brushed if it's wet. I will poke around for a boar bristle brush/comb today. The only problem is the curls. My hair is a lot healthier, if I use a bristle brush it might turn into frizz city. I'd like to try the oil to see if I can put that in and let it air dry. I've NEVER found a product that has stopped my hair from frizzing so I just haven't been able to leave it down. It's half the reason I'm growing it out. When it grows longer it weighs it down a bit and it sits better. My younger sister has the most amazing hair. It falls almost to her waist in big soft curls. My hair used to be like that. :( Her is so nice because she doesn't do anything to it. Washes it, combs it, leaves it. Never straightens or dyes it. She was blessed with all the nice physical traits. Except she's 4'9" at 18 so she's pretty much a midget and she can't reach the cereal box. I consider that fair.

I have sister envy too. She is 6ft tall with porcelaine skin and she's so skinny with a willowy figure. She cut her hair very very short recently and got model scounted immediately! You'd be surprised about sisters though, she told me she envies my curves and tan skin when I want her fair skin and skinny body. Always want what you don't have hey?!

Oh! Also! How do you guys feel about dry shampoo? The ones I've tried leave too much powdery residue even after they're brushed out. I don't wash my hair much (and hate how it feels after I've washed it, it's light and fluffy and overall just icky) but the oil is also not that great.

Oh I LOVE dry shampoo. Do you get Batiste on the east coast? They have brought out a range for dark hair - black and brown. I did a promo job for them recently and came away with a literal bin bag full of cans. I got through them so quick, I love that shit! They even do some glittery ones so you can have sparkly hair on a night out :)

PS Talc does the same job but is a zillion times cheaper. You just have to use it in moderation and really really shake it out with your finger tips so that you don't get the granny grey hair effect :)

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/05/2011 3:18 am

I found some moroccan oil(argan oil) I got Indiana Jones to track it down for me 😛

Just kidding! but yeah I think Im going to like it. We have Aussie products in the US hmm shouldnt they have it in Australia--?guess that is a misnomer as I think is the proper term.

Abigail, I and Gutterflower are growing our hair till X-mas care to join in? Anyone else? I really need some reason to not cut it.

It's called Aussie cos it does actually use Australian natural products (probably 0.1% macadamia nut oil or something!) Just went on the website and it was created by an American for the UK market.

Yay I really want to grow my hair long by xmas! Currently my hair is to the top of my boobs and I really really want mermaid hair (I call it 'optimum length' which means that it covers your tits!). I'll join you in not getting it cut BUT! I do recommend investing in some good quality hair dressing scissors and go through your ends cutting off the splits about 1cm up from the damage. It takes ages! I do it quite a lot and you kinda zone out, it's theraputic :)

The most our hair could realistically grow is 2.5 inches - shall we aim for two? If we succeed we should reward ourselves? Fly to Aus for a party at Elle's house? x

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/05/2011 4:40 am

It's called Aussie cos it does actually use Australian natural products (probably 0.1% macadamia nut oil or something!) Just went on the website and it was created by an American for the UK market.

Yay I really want to grow my hair long by xmas! Currently my hair is to the top of my boobs and I really really want mermaid hair (I call it 'optimum length' which means that it covers your tits!). I'll join you in not getting it cut BUT! I do recommend investing in some good quality hair dressing scissors and go through your ends cutting off the splits about 1cm up from the damage. It takes ages! I do it quite a lot and you kinda zone out, it's theraputic :)

The most our hair could realistically grow is 2.5 inches - shall we aim for two? If we succeed we should reward ourselves? Fly to Aus for a party at Elle's house? x

I'll see if I can find some. I feel like such a moron doing my hair sometimes. It's like my brain doesn't connect with my hands properly and I turn into a muddled mess. I remember when my mum used to put my hair into a pony tail when I was little, she used to pull it back so tight I looked surprised until the elastic loosened a little. Hilarious. Now that was secure.

Ah I don't think my little sister envies me for anything I have. :P I don't have any outstanding physical traits (no curves, just a belly) and we're pretty close in personality.

I've never seen Batiste, but I've never looked too extensively for a good dry shampoo. I've tried two brands, I don't remember which they were, but one was made from rice milk or something. :D I use talc when my hair is ridiculously greasy, but I still end up with residual powder in my hair. I am hopeless.

Definitely fly to Australia to party with me. We'll do an Org Hairfiend Barcrawl. I will make the t-shirts. Then we can allll bring the funk. :D

(I'm such a wanker ahahahaha.)

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/05/2011 4:58 am

I'll see if I can find some. I feel like such a moron doing my hair sometimes. It's like my brain doesn't connect with my hands properly and I turn into a muddled mess. I remember when my mum used to put my hair into a pony tail when I was little, she used to pull it back so tight I looked surprised until the elastic loosened a little. Hilarious. Now that was secure.

Ah I don't think my little sister envies me for anything I have. :P I don't have any outstanding physical traits (no curves, just a belly) and we're pretty close in personality.

I've never seen Batiste, but I've never looked too extensively for a good dry shampoo. I've tried two brands, I don't remember which they were, but one was made from rice milk or something. :D I use talc when my hair is ridiculously greasy, but I still end up with residual powder in my hair. I am hopeless.

Definitely fly to Australia to party with me. We'll do an Org Hairfiend Barcrawl. I will make the t-shirts. Then we can allll bring the funk. :D

I'm the same, I used to spend ages curling my hair, then hating it and straightening it. Killer! Hair curlers have saved me. They control the frizz, give your hair volume and bounce, no heat. They are so magic. Plus I get to freak people out when I pop to the shops with them all over my head.

PS Is it the same on the east coast? When I was in Perth I literally stopped wearing shoes. It was so liberating. Shopping, driving etc... bare foot. And now I can't kick the habit. I constantly find myself in Sainsburys wearing no shoes and thinking, FML the floor is bloody cold in here!

Elle! I have seen a photo of you in a bikini! You have an AWESOME body! Not a belly. Please stop berating yourself and actually see what everyone else is seeing - a stone cold fox.

You know, I am in Aus all the time. Next time I'm over I really want to fly East so I would be FULLY up for a bar crawl with you. For real. I am not bullshitting you. xx

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/05/2011 5:40 am

I'm the same, I used to spend ages curling my hair, then hating it and straightening it. Killer! Hair curlers have saved me. They control the frizz, give your hair volume and bounce, no heat. They are so magic. Plus I get to freak people out when I pop to the shops with them all over my head.

PS Is it the same on the east coast? When I was in Perth I literally stopped wearing shoes. It was so liberating. Shopping, driving etc... bare foot. And now I can't kick the habit. I constantly find myself in Sainsburys wearing no shoes and thinking, FML the floor is bloody cold in here!

Elle! I have seen a photo of you in a bikini! You have an AWESOME body! Not a belly. Please stop berating yourself and actually see what everyone else is seeing - a stone cold fox.

You know, I am in Aus all the time. Next time I'm over I really want to fly East so I would be FULLY up for a bar crawl with you. For real. I am not bullshitting you. xx

I need to invest in some curlers. I used to have a set, I have no idea where they want. Probably Narnia, with 3/4 of my knickers and socks that go in the wash. I used to murder my hair with hairspray to keep it in place, but then I'd have to wash it every time I used the spray, which stripped it even more. Gross. And the white residue that builds up on your scalp is pretty gnarly.

I live in the south. :P I've only visited Queensland before, it's completely different to here. We're all yobbos in the south, the east coast folk are the classy people, so we hear. They made fun of my accent while I was there. What the actual crap that was about, I don't know.

We call people who don't wear shoes here bogans, but they're not nearly as pretty as you, Abi, so you probably pull it off a lot better. People here live in their thongs... or flip-flops, or whatever they're called.

Someday I'll plan a trip to good ol' fancy Queensland and we can both be horrendously lost tourists there. You're a blonde model so you'll fit in better, and they'll probably understand your accent better than they understand mine.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/05/2011 5:58 am

I need to invest in some curlers. I used to have a set, I have no idea where they want. Probably Narnia, with 3/4 of my knickers and socks that go in the wash. I used to murder my hair with hairspray to keep it in place, but then I'd have to wash it every time I used the spray, which stripped it even more. Gross. And the white residue that builds up on your scalp is pretty gnarly.

I live in the south. :P I've only visited Queensland before, it's completely different to here. We're all yobbos in the south, the east coast folk are the classy people, so we hear. They made fun of my accent while I was there. What the actual crap that was about, I don't know.

We call people who don't wear shoes here bogans, but they're not nearly as pretty as you, Abi, so you probably pull it off a lot better. People here live in their thongs... or flip-flops, or whatever they're called.

Someday I'll plan a trip to good ol' fancy Queensland and we can both be horrendously lost tourists there. You're a blonde model so you'll fit in better, and they'll probably understand your accent better than they understand mine.

Yeah Perth and my perthy friends fully turned me bogan. I went from makeup every day glamour to bobbly over washed bintang singlets and boardies drinking jugs of beer at the uni tav. It was a bloody good life.

Are you in Adelaide then? Whenever I'm in Perth I always mean to travel Aus but it's more money to fly from one city in Aus to another than it is for me to have a 7 day all inclusive holiday in Greece!

My friend Michael got robbed by abbos twice - both times they took his shoes. Maybe it was a subconscious decision to avoid theft!

PS I'm not a model, I do promo work! Basically I keep my curves, get paid way less and work a lot harder. I would HATE to be a model though, constantly being told that you need to lose weight, going from casting to casting being rejected for the way you look... Plus its a finite career - once you're old you've lost your USP. I do not envy the models!!

Hahha Narnia, that's where all my stuff goes... Because the back of my wardrobe is broken!

PS from all the photos I've seen of you, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! Not gnarly at all. What length are you aiming for? x

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 08/05/2011 10:56 pm

*mermaid hair*

remember Splash?! those were some killer crimies she had going on.

Id love to get over there Ive never been to Australia.

I have a Kiwi penpal...hope you wont hold it against me G Flower? hehe

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 08/05/2011 11:05 pm

There are probably some youtube videos of how to use hair sticks, you pretty much twist it into a bun then use the stick to weave into your hair, then into the bun, then your hair; then you do the same in the opposite direction with the other stick. It's more secure than you'd think!

I have sister envy too. She is 6ft tall with porcelaine skin and she's so skinny with a willowy figure. She cut her hair very very short recently and got model scounted immediately! You'd be surprised about sisters though, she told me she envies my curves and tan skin when I want her fair skin and skinny body. Always want what you don't have hey?!

Oh I LOVE dry shampoo. Do you get Batiste on the east coast? They have brought out a range for dark hair - black and brown. I did a promo job for them recently and came away with a literal bin bag full of cans. I got through them so quick, I love that shit! They even do some glittery ones so you can have sparkly hair on a night out :)

PS Talc does the same job but is a zillion times cheaper. You just have to use it in moderation and really really shake it out with your finger tips so that you don't get the granny grey hair effect :)

I never had a sister...or brother...or nothin!

"adopt me?" lol

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/06/2011 2:05 am

Bingo, Adelaide it is. It's feral central here, but I get by. I've never been robbed for my shoes, though!

You look like a model! I don't know how they manage with their hair, it looks like designers torment the crap out of it, backcombing it and whatnot... ah. I like food way too much to be a model. I'm also not tall enough, and I have a long torso and short legs. Not really built for it, but then, I'm okay with that.

:D And ta muchly! I think my hair's alright now that I've stopped torturing it on a daily basis. Since it's super curly, I want it to be just past my boobs, which will take me a few years... it looks so much shorter than it actually is because of the curls. I also need to get it thinned out when I have it trimmed next week so it's easier to manage.

I bought a boar bristle hairbrush, too! Can't believe how shiny and soft it makes my hair. It's like I've just come out of the dark ages, haha...

Amara, I'm already your Antipodean sister. ;) And I actually love the Kiwis. :P

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 08/08/2011 6:55 am

Hey thats OK with me! I know I was just joking about that they just have more sheep ;-P

You know I normally pictured most of Australia to be this hot climate but with the heat were having in NY...I think this place has got to win the 'easy bake oven' award! haha.

I finally bought the Moroccanoil but havent tried it yet. I have these certain days which I wash my hair and dont like to veer from that too much. Am I a bit ocd? hmm maybe . Am going to try it today I hope I dont overdo it and create some sort of oil slick...just a drop or two I guess,

I have wavy not curly hair normally. Ill bet mine and yours are similar Gflower...I put this pic with longer hair up to remind me of how I want to grow it and NOT to chop it. This was from a year ago. now its probably shorter than yours. Abigail is in the win for "mermaid' hair presently.

But we will catch up

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 08/08/2011 7:21 am

I finally bought the Moroccanoil but havent tried it yet. I have these certain days which I wash my hair and dont like to veer from that too much. Am I a bit ocd? hmm maybe . Am going to try it today I hope I dont overdo it and create some sort of oil slick...just a drop or two I guess,

I have wavy not curly hair normally. Ill bet mine and yours are similar Gflower...I put this pic with longer hair up to remind me of how I want to grow it and NOT to chop it. This was from a year ago. now its probably shorter than yours. Abigail is in the win for "mermaid' hair presently.

But we will catch up

You just need one pump of the oil! And it's good for moisturising as well so if I have any excess I put it on my legs. Or elbows. Why are elbows so disgusting? And they get so much worse when you get older. My dad's are so malleable you can mould them like playdough. Bleurgh.

I was naughty and straightened my hair yesterday, it's quite long... but I think that my hair actually can't grow its self any longer! It's been this length for three years! You two will definitely catch me up!

I'm getting my hair coloured this week so need to be strong and avoid asking for a cut...

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/08/2011 11:27 am

Amara: Oh yes, they definitely have more sheep... At the moment our climate is awful. I hate the cold weather. I live for the easy breezy warm evenings where I can go for strolls in my shorts and get lost in it. The cold weather just freezes my poor limbs off.

Maybe get some dry shampoo if you overdo it with the oil? Or try to just put it in your ends if you're worried about being too oily. I don't think your roots would even need it, unless you have naturally dry hair.

Not the most flattering image but that's as long as I've been able to get it, and sometimes it curls up a bit more than this. I think once it's grown out a bit more and I keep cutting the ends, it might eventually decide to stop being crap. It's also a bit fluffy. I definitely suit longer hair though, makes my face look smaller... Amara, you look stunning in your avatar picture! I wish my hair would curl like that again.

Abi: I just checked my elbows. I am relieved to find that they are not dry and gross. Surprisingly.

My hair is so crusty right now, I went for a walk today while it was windy and it dried really strangely.

Be strong, Abi. Remember we'll hold you accountable if you chop!

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 08/10/2011 7:33 pm

Amara: Oh yes, they definitely have more sheep... At the moment our climate is awful. I hate the cold weather. I live for the easy breezy warm evenings where I can go for strolls in my shorts and get lost in it. The cold weather just freezes my poor limbs off.

Maybe get some dry shampoo if you overdo it with the oil? Or try to just put it in your ends if you're worried about being too oily. I don't think your roots would even need it, unless you have naturally dry hair.

Not the most flattering image but that's as long as I've been able to get it, and sometimes it curls up a bit more than this. I think once it's grown out a bit more and I keep cutting the ends, it might eventually decide to stop being crap. It's also a bit fluffy. I definitely suit longer hair though, makes my face look smaller... Amara, you look stunning in your avatar picture! I wish my hair would curl like that again.

Abi: I just checked my elbows. I am relieved to find that they are not dry and gross. Surprisingly.

My hair is so crusty right now, I went for a walk today while it was windy and it dried really strangely.

Be strong, Abi. Remember we'll hold you accountable if you chop!

Thats right Miss Birmingham, no scissor-happy escapade for you!

Gutterflower yes that is a cute picture of yourself. You are just so hugable with the sweet face and the stuffed animals :-)

That is about how long I can get my hair as well. Youre a bit ahead of me but Im still sticking to it.

I tried the moroccan oil and it does seem to work pretty well, I havent styled my hair yet as its still wet but will let you all know how it turns out for me. If it can do anything to combat this humidity Ill be really happy.

MemberMember
(@skincrafter)

Posted : 08/11/2011 9:55 am

If you are blemish prone you should be avoiding just about all oils, they are comedogenic and some are super irritating. Avoid argon, lanolin, coconut, sesame, avocado, mink, wheat germ,cottonseed, and soybean.

I have had luck with the organic line Giovanni Eco chic products no sulfates and synthetic plant or animal oils. The only product that looks suspect is the leave in conditioner, the others seem like good no irritating ingredients.

MemberMember
(@crystal841)

Posted : 08/11/2011 10:22 am

L'ANZA Healing Strength.

Amazing.