Notifications
Clear all

ClariSonic

MemberMember
(@themintyness)

Posted : 08/25/2010 11:51 am

Does it really do a good job of exfoliating even though it's only vibration?

Do the bristles get bent out of shape easily?

Does the internal motor lose it's power after a while? I know with machanical toothbrushes you have to keep buying entirely new systems because even through battery changes the motor doesn't have the "oomph" anymore.The slightest pressure stops the motor.

1. I think it ends up doing a mild exfoliation. It does definitely clear my pores of makeup and cleans the top layer of skin nicely. What I believe happens is, the middle part of the brush loosens the stuff in your pores/top layer of your skin and the outer part of the brush clears it away. My skin is usually oily but with this it's more on the "normal" side...it lets your lotions and serums sink in the way they should!!!

2. The bristles stay nicely put. Keep in mind that the brush doesn't work like it's supposed to if you press it down hard into your skin. It seems intuitive to press it down, but don't do it! The bristles are soft but sturdy...and it can last for 3-6 months!

3. I'm not sure, but the warranty is for two years. Keep in mind that if you buy it from unauthorized sellers like amazon, Clarisonic probably won't honor that. I bought mine from my dermatologist's office and it was cheaper than the retail price and it was the PRO version.

I've had mine for two weeks and it's great! You have to ease your skin into it, otherwise your skin kind of goes into shock.

MemberMember
(@themintyness)

Posted : 08/25/2010 11:54 am

I think it does a fantastic job at exfoliating! Even though I have oily skin, I used to have dry flakes as well, but those cleared up after about two weeks. My skin was actually a little more flaky for several days just because my skin that never got exfoliated was finally turning over.

I had the same experience, too!

MemberMember
(@x3kell3x)

Posted : 08/26/2010 11:48 am

hey guys. i know the clairisonic gets good reviews. but has anyone seen or tried the DDF revolve 400x brush? its like the clairisonic but cheaper. and OmegaisJaded: it also has a rotating head.

well i ordered it online and if its anything like clairisonic then it will be amazing

i do use differin so i was a little worried about using it while on a retinoid but it looks like a lot of people do with no problems.

any input?

MemberMember
(@mangolove)

Posted : 08/29/2010 1:54 pm

I was wondering how the clarsonic works on dry skin,

i have combo skin and some dry areas (i think its because of proactiv).

and also alot of clogged pores. i just want to know how if it will work well with my skin.

MemberMember
(@x3kell3x)

Posted : 08/29/2010 3:07 pm

im getting something similar to the clairisonic tomorrow and i have combo skin too so ill let u know.

MemberMember
(@hildem)

Posted : 08/29/2010 3:18 pm

I have the sun labs one. Is the clarisonic so much better? the sun labs one is much cheaper. One difference I know is that the clarisonic oscillates and the sun labs one swirls.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 08/29/2010 4:05 pm

how does everyone clean their clarisonic? I have the mia and have used it for a week and am wondering what to do

MemberMember
(@omegaisjaded)

Posted : 08/29/2010 4:25 pm

I have the sun labs one. Is the clarisonic so much better? the sun labs one is much cheaper. One difference I know is that the clarisonic oscillates and the sun labs one swirls.

I thought the clarisonic only vibrated...then someone said it could rotate...

I'm so confused!

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 09/01/2010 11:22 pm

I thought the clarisonic only vibrated...then someone said it could rotate...

I'm so confused!

I got this from the Clarisonic website "The Clarisonic oscillates 10 degrees in either direction working at 300 movements per second. This movement toggles your pores to remove the dirt and oil manual cleansing can not reach. The oscillation is so fast it looks like a blur or vibration." That's exactly what my brush does.

@wicky I don't do anything special to clean the brush head, I just use a cleanser to clean the bristles and the plastic areas around the bristles so it doesn't get all gunky.

@MangoLove Well I have oily skin so I'm not sure how your dry skin would react, but it would probably get much drier and flakier right at the beginning (like mine did, but not too much) because you're shedding way more old surface skin cells than usual. I would use the sensitive brush and use a super good moisturizer. With the Clarisonic, products absorb sooooo much better, so maybe that would help your skin if a moisturizer was being absorbed better. The brush is expensive, so I would check the return policy just in case your skin can't handle it.

@X3Kell3X I use prescription Retin-A aka tretinoin and this combination of skin care works brilliantly for me, so I wouldn't be worried. Talk to the dermatologist who prescribed you the Differin though to be sure. I think it would absorb much better therefore work more effective.

MemberMember
(@x3kell3x)

Posted : 09/02/2010 9:01 am

i just got it. i used the deep cleansing brush and it left my skin VERY soft. but red....but it faded the next day so im only gunna use it once or twice a day. plus i start accutane again soon

MemberMember
(@curiousb)

Posted : 04/18/2011 6:39 pm

I found some clarisonic mias on ebay brand new and used all of them much cheaper than buying from a store.

MemberMember
(@cassiel6)

Posted : 04/23/2011 10:26 pm

It was Oprah's favorite things show. My bf watched and suggested it to me The reviews on and are really good - but $195 good?

Anyone have one? Want one? Know someone with one? lol, I'm very tempted to ask Santa.

Have it. love it. You must use it every day and it definitely makes pores smaller. acne is still here, but I am looking into laser options.

They also have a new product out called the Tanga I believe.

Cassidy Loutos

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/14/2011 11:16 am

I got the Clarisonic two weeks ago and so far am seeing great results.

MemberMember
(@meanmommy)

Posted : 07/17/2011 8:09 pm

I have the much smaller version of this called "Mia" by the same company. (A little cheaper too) I love the way this product cleans my skin. I do like it and would just say that if you use it very gently when washing in small circles it should not irritate the skin at all.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/18/2011 5:33 am

I've never worked out how they can justify selling these at A155 in the UK ($249 USD), when all they are, are glorified giant toothbrushes!

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 07/19/2011 7:09 am

i wish this damn thread would just die already.

MemberMember
(@vampireninja09)

Posted : 07/26/2011 8:24 pm

i wish this damn thread would just die already.

lol.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:07 pm

Does this work for red marks?

MemberMember
(@slumpey)

Posted : 01/11/2013 4:24 pm

Had it and returned after a short while. Didn't like the way it felt on my skin.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 01/15/2013 9:43 am

I used to use ClariSonic. I bought a regular one first(my derm recommended me costed about $200 with sensitive head), and it broke after a year of use. The second one I bought mia(a little bit cheaper and smaller), it also broke within 2 years...Now I use Olay pro X I spent around $35(machine comes with one head, and I purchased extra two heads). I honestly think it does a great job as ClariSonic. Motion feels a bit different, but my skin feels clean every time I use it, and my skin has been improved. I've been using it every night for a few months now!

MemberMember
(@laurenholt)

Posted : 01/24/2013 3:26 pm

I had a HORRIFIC experience with ClariSonic!!!!!!!!!

I too read the reviews, watched the ads etc and was too excited to try it. Managed to find one for 120 with a free sample of facewash. For the first week there was a little improvement.

The following two months, I had the worse acne I have ever had. I broke out everywhere. I know it was the clarisonic because nothing else had changed. I never usually wash my neck, but decided to use the ClariSonic on my neck and I broke out there too. obviously everyone reacts differently but as soon as I stopped using it my skin improved.

It's now gathering dust in a draw. I switched to a UV Light instead, much better.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 01/28/2013 1:23 pm

I got my Clarisonic Mia about five months ago and love it. I use it once a day in the shower. It makes my skin feel SO smooth and clean, and also really helps keep my big pores clear. My pores clog very easily, but with my Clarisonic, they don't. I can't go a day without using it basically...it's a skin necessity now!

I didn't have an IB with it, but I did get some dryness in my skin at first. I always moisturize right away after getting out of the shower so that's not a problem anymore.

I guess how the Clarisonic will work for you depends on your skin. For me, it's great, for others, it's not.

MemberMember
(@mm-brian)

Posted : 01/30/2013 7:01 pm

I had ordered one of these for christmas time but upon reading more reviews and researching more into it, I decided to send it back.

I've read some awful things about it and to be honest, didn't want to risk it and basically throw 150 down the drain on a product that makes my skin worse/makes no difference.

I just felt it was far too pricey and too much of a gamble for me to take personally.

Instead I am focusing more on products, I have started using Environ products and I am in love!

MemberMember
(@queensie)

Posted : 02/14/2013 3:03 pm

I bought one and have been using it for over a month now, it was over my usual skin care budget but has been worth it so far.

I've used other facial brushes before but this one has been the most impressive. The others I've tried have done little to actually clear my pores and have irritated my face. The Clarisonic is quite gentle, has different settings (I have the MIA 2) and different brush options for more sensitive skin (although I've been fine with the regular brush head that comes with it).

I wish I had a before and after picture I could post. However, in a month's time:

- My blackheads are gone, which I always had on my nose and chin. The pores are now completely clear

- My breakouts are less severe

- My skin hasn't felt this soft in a long time

- It doesnt leave my skin beat red like most brushes and exfoliators

- Creams & moisturizers seem to work better

I use it with Kheils Ultra Facial Cleanser at night when taking a shower or bath and will probably switch to Cetaphil after my bottle is done. I've spent quite a lot of money in the past on serums/creams/expensive cleansers. You can take a really basic, gentle cleanser with the Clarisonic and it works wonders.