Notifications
Clear all

ClariSonic

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 12/19/2007 11:29 am

Ayla, have you gotten yours yet?

i know it is a crazy time of year for the mail, but I wanted to know how it was going for you.

I still LOVE mine. I have been using it for 3 weeks now and it is great!

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 12/19/2007 11:54 am

Yes, I got mine. lol, I'm always afraid I'm going to jinx a product if I praise it/rave about it

Anyway - I've had mine for 1 week now - I'm using it on the two minute cycle (no beeps), high speed, sensitive bristle head.

So far: Red marks are really fading fast, my "11" lines are diminishing, products are wayyyyyy more potent when using this.

It does seem to have an IB effect, but it was very slight, and only caused teeny tiny pimples. They looked like sweat pimples/heat rash sort of. Just plugged pores eradicating themselves. I'm really prone to god awful IB's, I'm terrified of them and won't use products that cause them. Even I could handle this. I used once per day the first four days, then twice a day since.

I used my normal SA toner, turns out it's too much with this - I need way less.

In the past week I have been carded twice - that hasn't happened in at least a year or two

My skin is not more moisturized - yet - that may be due to the efficiency of the SA now though, I'll give it another week and see (I stopped using it daily).

Overall - I'd give it an 8 of 10 so far - skin is smooth, red marks decreased, wrinkles decreased

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 12/19/2007 12:01 pm

Well, I had a choice between the Clarisonic and an embroidery/sewing machine. I picked the sewing machine. :D So keep praising the device and most likely my next purchase will be the Clarisonic! :)

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 12/19/2007 12:07 pm

Sounds pretty good.

I use the sensitive head, I haven't even tried the regular head.

I also use it AM & PM, but I use the 1 min setting but often add another 20 sec or so in the t-zone. I use my own Arcona soap, but I find that I use less of my other products because they ARE more potent - I agree.

I haven't noticed my skin being more moisturized, but I do use other products for problem skin like you, so that may be part of it.

I think it is a pretty awesome product.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 12/19/2007 12:11 pm

Oh - I forgot to say that - I do not use the included cleanser, it's garbage, truly. I use ABRA detox complexion wash - super gentle SLS/SLES free facewash, an HG product of mine for over a year now.

MemberMember
(@nosubstance27)

Posted : 01/14/2008 7:33 pm

Sounds pretty good.

I use the sensitive head, I haven't even tried the regular head.

I also use it AM & PM, but I use the 1 min setting but often add another 20 sec or so in the t-zone. I use my own Arcona soap, but I find that I use less of my other products because they ARE more potent - I agree.

I haven't noticed my skin being more moisturized, but I do use other products for problem skin like you, so that may be part of it.

I think it is a pretty awesome product.

MemberMember
(@nosubstance27)

Posted : 01/14/2008 7:37 pm

Oh - I forgot to say that - I do not use the included cleanser, it's garbage, truly. I use ABRA detox complexion wash - super gentle SLS/SLES free facewash, an HG product of mine for over a year now.
MemberMember
(@kyonmin)

Posted : 02/15/2009 10:30 pm

My Dad just told me he ordered it off of QVC. I suppose he is calling it another b-day present. So in addition to using a combination of supplements(which has been helping) I am going to be using the brush. Should I use the sensitive or the gentle brush?

MemberMember
(@maryland_24)

Posted : 02/20/2009 11:21 am

I really like the concept of this brush because I have a lot of trouble getting rid of makeup at nights, but the $195 price tag is just so much. And even tough I have read a lot of good reviews I don't know my skin is weird and with my luck I'm not sure is going to work.

I was looking at [Removed] and found this product call: i-Skin Pore Perfecting System I guess is the same concept just cheaper $29.99 the reviews are good but just a couple of them.

I don't know what to do!! what do you guys think?

i-Skin Pore Perfecting System

MemberMember
(@smt12483)

Posted : 02/23/2009 5:04 pm

I have been using my clarisonic for about a week now. At first I was only using it once a day and have increased it to twice a day. Can't really tell if it is doing anything for my skin yet but wanted to know for those that it did help, what was the timeline? I know everyone is different but want to get an idea of what I can expect.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@grrrrr)

Posted : 02/23/2009 8:00 pm

I have been wanting to buy this and therma clear for a long time.

Therma clear I am way more skeptical about, since I have actually tried the clarisonic at a dermatologists office. and I LOVE IT.

I get mild acne and occasional cysts.

I have some acne scaring, for those who have it- have you noticed decreased blackheads and decreased redness of scars?

MemberMember
(@jaket13)

Posted : 02/23/2009 8:10 pm

me and my mom bought this. split the price.

I'd say its helping my skin pretty well. I definitely feel much cleaner after using this. But it really hasn't cleared my acne.

Like most things it depends on the person.

MemberMember
(@grrrrr)

Posted : 02/23/2009 8:16 pm

Have you noticed any difference with blackheads since using it?

MemberMember
(@lcm984)

Posted : 03/21/2010 1:02 pm

i've been using clarisonic for about a month now, twice a day. it hasn't drastically helped my face, but i've noticed that it's become much smoother and has lessened my scars a little. also, it's reduced the size of some pimples overnight, which of course i love. i personally think it's worth the price tag, it's made my face feel much cleaner and soft. but i use proactiv instead of the cleanser it comes with

MemberMember
(@laura-lou)

Posted : 05/15/2010 4:14 am

I've been using the clarisonic for about 3 months. My sister talked me into buying it, and it was the best thing i've ever agreed to. My marks have faded drastically, my skin is always so smooth, so glowy, and just feels a lot cleaner.

I've had so many compliments about my skin (even my manager at work has even said how great my skin looks lately).

So I would highly recommend this product. It's a great investment!

MemberMember
(@juicy788)

Posted : 06/24/2010 1:39 pm

Sorry it's so long..wanted to be thorough so it might have something useful for others!

I've been using the Clarisonic (maybe about 4-6 times now) about every other day or every 3rd day because I have very sensitive skin (similar to rosacea but without the blood vessels, haven't asked doctor yet). I haven't used the enclosed cleansers becaues of all the horrible reviews, and don't want to risk it.

I use the sensitive brush on the lowest speed at 1 minute timer to put the least amount of impact to my skin. Once my skin adapts to the system more, I might change to the faster setting and gentle brush. And maybe I'll do 2 minutes without a timer so I can concentrate on the areas I want.

After use, your face does feel cleaner. As far as oil production or breakouts, I did experience a little purging, but at a minimal scale. I have combo dry/oily skin, but it wasn't that much more than what I already produce.

Dryness-I am experiencing more dryness on my cheeks (which is where I have the dryness problem). I'm not sure if it's the Clarisonic because I started putting spot treatments and such because of the purging. I used the Murad spot treatment. Murad is too strong for me, but I had it from before.

I heard it works better when your pores are open, so I tried steaming my face first then using the brush. I had LOTS of oil production and pimples, purging was happening pretty fast and a lot. I didn't get alarmed much because I was expecting this. If anything, the breakout will die out, and it'll mean my face will be cleaner than before.

If you don't really want to experience the purging like I did, I suggest not steaming. Personally, I am testing the purging method. I want to see if purging will get all the nasty gunk to surface, and decrease in breakouts as the weeks pass and eventually have no breakouts. Hopefully, a month or two will do the trick.

SPOT TREATMENT: I recently got a sample from Sephora-DDF Sulfur Theraputic Mask. It's a 10% sulfur clay mask which you can put all over your face for 10-15 min, or use as spot treatment. IT WORKS WONDERS. I used it after the Clarisonic to see if the spot treatment method will work. IT IS BETTER THAN THE MURAD SPOT TREATMENT. Murad, and other spot treatments, tend to dry you skin waay too much. I can't use it for too long unless I want my skin to peel! The DDF brought down the bump to almost nothing without over-drying it. My breakouts minimized soo much after just 1 application. HIGHLY recommend.

All in All-Clarisonic does clean your skin really well. I believe my pores have gotten cleaner (can't really see the black stuff as much). Can't tell if the pores got smaller yet. You may or may not experience purging, which will die down after the first/second week.

QUESTION: If you read in the instructions, it says to avoid areas where u have open lesions. Even the closed ones in case the brush pops it open because the bacteria will get on the brush and spread to the rest of the face. Should you clean your brush is alcohol if you do accidentally brush the pimple? How do you keep the brush clean? I just rinse with water...

MemberMember
(@sopher)

Posted : 06/27/2010 10:08 pm

no go for me, everyone. Sorry to be debbie downer. I gave it three months. Just messed up my skin. I couldn't even accept it was the clarisonic at first because everyone else had such good experiences with it! But it just ended up giving me acne in areas I have never even gotten acne on in my life. I was using the Mia, with the sensitive brush, for 1 minute at a time, usually once a day. Waste of money for me... :(

MemberMember
(@juicy788)

Posted : 06/30/2010 12:06 pm

sopher-they do tell you to avoid areas that are open or might open from acne because the bacteria will get into the brush and spread throughout the face. maybe that's what happened with you?

MemberMember
(@sopher)

Posted : 07/01/2010 1:58 pm

the thing is, when I started using it, I didn't have open acne sores. Clogged pores, yes, but no actual pimples. I think it just didn't work for my skin. Probably, for many people it helps. You don't know until you try.

MemberMember
(@belbie0606)

Posted : 07/12/2010 10:18 am

the thing is, when I started using it, I didn't have open acne sores. Clogged pores, yes, but no actual pimples. I think it just didn't work for my skin. Probably, for many people it helps. You don't know until you try.

Yea, I used the clarisonic for nearly 7 months. the first 3 months were amazing, because it got rid of my whiteheads, but then at the beginning of month 4, i got cysts on the side of my face, when i never even had visible pores there before! i kno there are a lot of factors influencing this change in my facial health, but when i stopped using clarisonic 2 months ago, my skin has improved so much since then. of course, ive had chemical peels, and started dkr since then, but even before i did all these things and the only change i made was to stop using the clarisonic, my blackheads were gone nd my pores shrank.... i kno, VERY weird seeing as the clarisonic is actually supposed to do the opposite of what it did to my skin.

i concluded after my clarisonic experience that the problem was that i was using my clarisonic very abrasively on my face even during the times i was breaking out in cysts like crazy. to all those who r thinking of using the clarisonic: if your skin is super sensitive, or if you have moderate to severe acne, you should think twice about purchasing it. i think this product may be more fit for mild acne people and those looking to get rid of wrinkles or for a cleaner face.

MemberMember
(@hrhinson)

Posted : 07/12/2010 6:09 pm

Just wanted to put my 0.02 in. I do have both the Clarisonic and the Clarisonic Mia and I ADORE both of them. They are very gentle and have made my skin look MUCH better. I totally disagree with What Paula Be...(cant remember how to spell her last name sorry) wrote regarding the device. It is NOT just like cleaning with a washcloth. It is far more gentle and the results are incredible. The MIa is 75 cheaper than the regular and the only differences are it has only one speed, is smaller and more travel friendly, does not have the diff timers. It beeps and shuts off at one minute. I would recommend it over the regular one simply because it is cheaper. The other one I have is the Plus which has a brush head for your body and a diff speed. Any choice you make you cant go wrong they are worth every single penny. I got my mia during the 50.00 a purchase of 200.00 or more at Spalook.com and dont regret it. Again the Mia is the way to go if you want to save a bundle and you really dont miss any of the other features.

LET ME SAY THIS THOUGH Use a cleansing oil to remove your makeup first. It is so gross to have all that makeup all over your face while you cleanse. So if you dont use a cleansing oil I def recommend starting. My fave is DHC. Its cheap and helps with breakouts and removes EVERYTHING. I use that first then I use my cleanser and my blackheads were all but a memory. I cant recommend this thing enough. But even more than that I rec a cleansing oil for makeup removal. DHC, Fancl, Clinique take the day off Balm(not and oil but does the same thing with no breaking out), MAC has one that I like but I forget the name. Those are my faves. I have NEVER had a single break out from any cleansing oil but those are the cheaper ones.

Hope that helps someone.

Take Care

Heather

MemberMember
(@themintyness)

Posted : 08/17/2010 1:29 pm

A washcloth used to be my HG - but it's just irritating now. I have a theory on the oil - maybe it's not really 'more' oil, it's just that there is no dead skin blocking it's path out.

Definitely agree. Washcloths are good and they're cheap, but they have to be scrubbed hard on your face in order to get similar results. I know scrubbing exacerbates acne...I know this from experience.

I got the PRO version at my dermatologist's office--they didn't overcharge, the pro brush was about $187, and usually the price is $195. My lotion doesn't just sit all greasy on top of my face now--I actually have to slather on more throughout the day so my face won't be as dry. I am also using tretinoin (Retin A).

I wear makeup and this definitely is worth the investment for anyone who wears makeup or sunscreens that are hard to come off.

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 08/22/2010 8:42 pm

My mom bought a Clarisonic about a year and a half ago, and I was insanely jealous of her! She never used it though because her skin has no problems, so she gave it to me . I started using it around the same time I started using Retin-A and Doxycycline, and that combination totally made my skin the clearest it's been since I was a small child (FYI, I'm 18). I started off with the sensitive brush head, and worked my up to the normal brush head. I use the Clarisonic morning and night, and at night, I remove my makeup with makeup remover wipes and then use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser with the Clarisonic. I find that products are definitely much more effective and are absorbed better by my skin, like my Cerave moisturizer in the morning and my Retin-A at night.

I used to get those big, painful, nasty underground pimples, and I haven't had one (I used to get a new one like once a week) in over a year, although that's probably to do with the Doxycycline. The Clarisonic has helped completely fade my hyperpigmentation, which used to be allover my face as a result of my cystic acne. My blackheads are also cleared, but I still have large-ish pores, something my mom has too. My Clarisonic definitely plays a huge role in keeping my skin clear; I went on vacation for two weeks and forgot to bring it and my pores on my nose and forehead are all clogged again, even though I followed the rest of my regimen (Retin-A, Doxycyline, etc). My pores are starting to clear again now that I'm back home and cleaning with my brush.

I definitely recommend this, although keep in mind that my skin had no actual open sores or pimples or anything. All I ever had were the big underground pimples that took forever to surface, and when they finally did, they would just fade in a nice dark hyperpigmentation scar. Other than that, it was just clogged pores/black heads in my t-zone. This is fantastic for clearing out pores, smoothing out the skin, helping products absorb better, and removing every bit of dirt and make up at night that traditional cleansing won't remove. FYI I have combo-oily skin. I don't really see too much of an effect on my oiliness in my t-zone, but keep in mind that I live in California and it's been like 100 degrees every other day this summer.

MemberMember
(@omegaisjaded)

Posted : 08/22/2010 8:49 pm

I really wanted a brush that actually rotated,but I keep seeing Clarisonic get more and more popular...

Does it really do a good job of exfoliating even though it's only vibration?

Do the bristles get bent out of shape easily?

Does the internal motor lose it's power after a while? I know with machanical toothbrushes you have to keep buying entirely new systems because even through battery changes the motor doesn't have the "oomph" anymore.The slightest pressure stops the motor.

I wouldn't mind paying for it if it was nice and durable.My Conair rotating brush's bristles started getting out of shape after a couple of uses.

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 08/22/2010 9:03 pm

I really wanted a brush that actually rotated,but I keep seeing Clarisonic get more and more popular...

Does it really do a good job of exfoliating even though it's only vibration?

Do the bristles get bent out of shape easily?

Does the internal motor lose it's power after a while? I know with machanical toothbrushes you have to keep buying entirely new systems because even through battery changes the motor doesn't have the "oomph" anymore.The slightest pressure stops the motor.

I wouldn't mind paying for it if it was nice and durable.My Conair rotating brush's bristles started getting out of shape after a couple of uses.

I think it does a fantastic job at exfoliating! Even though I have oily skin, I used to have dry flakes as well, but those cleared up after about two weeks. My skin was actually a little more flaky for several days just because my skin that never got exfoliated was finally turning over. The bristles are quite durable too! A few bristles on the outer edge of the brush are a little bent right now, but I've had my brush for about 9 months even though you're actually supposed to buy a new one every 3-4 months. I've been using my Clarisonic for almost a year, but my mom had it for about 4 months before me, and I see no decrease in it's power at all. It's still just as effective as when I started using it. I know it's quite expensive, I don't know if I would have purchased myself- my mom did. But if I lost the one I have now, and I knew how well it's cleared up my skin, I would (grudgingly) purchase a new one in a heartbeat.