Notifications
Clear all

Best men's electric shaver...

MemberMember
(@prznking)

Posted : 11/20/2007 3:08 pm

Currently I use the Gillette Fusion and if I shave against the grain, I get a perfect shave in terms of no stubble or anything, and I don't get ingrown hairs or cuts, but the area gets very red since my skin is still sensitive from Accutane.

What's the best electric shaver and do they even give perfect close shaves? My limit is $300 and I'll spend that much if it gives perfect shaves.

MemberMember
(@thanatosia)

Posted : 11/20/2007 3:17 pm

yeah, I use fusion too.. If I shave with the grain then my shave wont be nearly as close as it would be against... Made the mistake of shavin against wen I started!

A good electric shaver would be handy.

Suggestions???

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 11/20/2007 3:36 pm

I used to think like you until I realized that electric will always be 2nd to manual. I get the most expensive blades I can buy and shave manually. I shave so close girls don't believe I am 24. Now that's a shave - and a new commercial slogan hehe.

MemberMember
(@prznking)

Posted : 11/20/2007 3:44 pm

I used to think like you until I realized that electric will always be 2nd to manual. I get the most expensive blades I can buy and shave manually. I shave so close girls don't believe I am 24. Now that's a shave - and a new commercial slogan hehe.

Which razor do you use?

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 11/20/2007 3:45 pm

Which razor do you use?

The quattro right now. It is slick as it gets. People complain of nicking their faces up with manual blades but that is only if you get the cheap crap. Get the most expensive ones and you can't cut yourself. They are like $15 for 3.

MemberMember
(@prznking)

Posted : 11/20/2007 3:50 pm

Do you shave against the grain? Because when I shave with, I don't get a close shave, it leaves a little stubble.

I'm thinking of buying the Braun Pulsonic.

MemberMember
(@prznking)

Posted : 11/20/2007 9:54 pm

Move my thread one more time.....

:)

MemberMember
(@robin203)

Posted : 12/15/2016 3:30 pm

I personally love my Karmin t7 (Y)

MemberMember
(@lakikhan)

Posted : 04/01/2017 10:45 am

I recommend the Philips Norelco 1250X/40 3D if you have super sensitive skin as solid options.You can also tryPhilips Norelco Series 9000 is good.

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 09/29/2020 12:02 pm

the best isBraun Series 9 9290cc Electric Shaver, it is considered the Bentley of shavers

MemberMember
(@j_kimberly)

Posted : 01/22/2021 5:22 am

Sorry for bumping this up, but in the last few months we have been trying to find a proper shaver for my boyfriend. He's not registered here but we decided to share this story with the others from my acc. He too has acne and his skin is even more sensitive than mine - as it's prone to redness. He is in his thirties, and for him it was constant search for something that won't irritate his skin even more. I believe he's not alone with this.

He used Norelcos (as it was recommended by many sources and by other forum members), ended up with some nasty cuts and bloody scratches. The rash was still there.

In the end, it was switch to a mild razor (he switched to Braun's)with all the precautions - like really warm shower, constant moisturizing, coconut oil -and yes! Finally he could shave without that nasty red rash all over his face. The problem was with multiple passes and over-dried skin (closed pores, sheesh). Now he only make one route and that's it.