Notifications
Clear all

Breast Pain on Accutane

MemberMember
(@frankiebgirl)

Posted : 03/13/2005 11:48 pm

Yep- Under the muscle is painful, but they also give you RX pain medication- which I took. I couldn't do any lifting, I couldn't lift my arms above my head actually- But as far as being able to sit up on my own, and get up off the couch or bed by myself- I could do that within a week. I could walk, sit up straight, etc... I couldn't do normal activities for a few weeks (lifting, carrying, bending over to pick something up)..driving was a nightmare- but I remember it being somewhat easier than I expected. I also have a HIGH tolerance for pain. I had them done a few years ago, and Im a little daunted by the fact that in a few more years I have to get them replaced. Its a shitty process, but I wouldnt go withotu them.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/13/2005 11:54 pm

Hey guys,

So I did some research on breast pain. I didn't come up with anything accutane related but I did find this:

"Another type of non-cyclical pain called costochondritis does not actually occur in the breast; however, the condition may feel as though it is coming from the breast. This type of arthritic pain occurs in the middle of the chest where the ribs and the breast bone connect. Costochondritis may occur as the result of poor posture or aging. Women who experience costochondritis usually describe it as a burning sensation in the breast. "

Since i'm experiencing some burning sensation, I thought this was interesting. Also, because accutane causes musculoskeletal problems short-term, meaning soreness of the bones/joints, I thought bad posture or any such movements could affect the chest wall and could be mistaken for breast pain. I don't know if this is what's going, and I would certainly advise anyone with such pain to seek medical attention, I just thought it was a plausible explanation. I'm going to get it checked out tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, I want to thank you all for posting. I really appreciate all your comments.

Love you guys,

GO

eusa_dance.gif

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/14/2005 12:03 am

I just want mine back the way they were before having a kids.... shock.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/14/2005 5:10 am

I think all girls should get implants. Because they all seem to want them, cept turner. But i mean to me boobs are boobs.

and Boobs are cool. So gimmie boobs.

MemberMember
(@cassadie)

Posted : 03/14/2005 7:07 am

Cassadie- Are you getting a lift or just implants?

MemberMember
(@turnergirl)

Posted : 03/14/2005 7:24 am

MemberMember
(@frankiebgirl)

Posted : 03/14/2005 11:30 am

Cassadie- Oh Ok, Well- Good Luck! Implants can do wonders. I know what you mean, a couple of friends of mine got implants after they had kids. They look awesome now. You'll be really happy!!!

Craigems- That was great. Boobs for everyone.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/14/2005 2:32 pm

That's very deep. I can see the philosopher in you. eusa_doh.gif

razz.gif

I think all girls should get implants. Because they all seem to want them, cept turner. But i mean to me boobs are boobs.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/14/2005 11:49 pm

hahahhaa

I cant help it sorry. YEH I KNOW I'M A MOD ... I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!!! rolleyes.gif .. ps i love u all lol.

MemberMember
(@steph9292)

Posted : 10/19/2019 2:08 pm

I realize that it is a decade and a half later, but did anybody figure out why they were experiencing breast pain while taking Accutane? I am really worried.