Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log 18y/o Male

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/18/2019 10:36 pm

FH99

I BEG you to try applying antifungal cream to the areas with "acne". You are most likely "breaking out" because you have FUNGAL acne, caused by candida or malasezzia fungus, NOT ordinary acne. Treatments for ordinary acne make FUNGAL acne WORSE.

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics to treat ordinary acne (and possibly by taking accutane, plus some meds such as prednisone.)

Topical antifungal creams are perfectly safe. Just buy some clotrimazole cream and apply to the acne areas. Also buy some terbenafine antifungal cream, if you can get it without a prescription. Apply the clotrimazole cream and the terbenafine cream to the areas with acne 3-4 times a day. Just do it !! You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Let me know how you go with the clotrimazole/terbenafine cream. If that does not solve your problem, then I can provide information more information about antifungal creams for the particular type of fungal acne that you likely have.

Have you taken doxycycline, or tetracycline or minocycline ? If you have, you might have gram negative acne along with the fungal acne, Gram negative acne is caused by taking the "cycline" antibiotics. Get back to me if the antifungal creams don't solve your problem aft a week or so of applying them, and we can explore the possibility of having gram negative acne, if necessary.

Fungal acne is, however, the most likely cause of why your acne won't clear when you use treatments for ordinary acne (which you probably don't have any more - instead you most likely have fungal acne).

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 05/25/2019 2:19 pm

Week 11

so its been a week since my last post. I could not be happier. Im not exactly sure what happened but about two or three days after my last post it was like a headshot and my acne just vanished like literally almost with a single night. I do have a lot of red spots and about two small actives that dont bother me at all but my face is legit basically clear. Looks the best it has since doxycycline! Just gotta get rid of these red marks now! Now I may have another breakout, who knows but people were lying when they said big changes in the third month. To anyone out there reading this, stick with it. You may get lucky and clear right away or you may be like me and not clear for a while but stick with it. It works.

MemberMember
(@weady97)

Posted : 05/27/2019 1:07 pm

On 5/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, FH99 said:

Week 11

so its been a week since my last post. I could not be happier. Im not exactly sure what happened but about two or three days after my last post it was like a headshot and my acne just vanished like literally almost with a single night. I do have a lot of red spots and about two small actives that dont bother me at all but my face is legit basically clear. Looks the best it has since doxycycline! Just gotta get rid of these red marks now! Now I may have another breakout, who knows but people were lying when they said big changes in the third month. To anyone out there reading this, stick with it. You may get lucky and clear right away or you may be like me and not clear for a while but stick with it. It works.

I'm so happy to hear you finally cleared up! This medicine reallllyy is something else. I was mostly clear the past few weeks till this Friday. Now I've got a few cystsgoing on again. Ugh, can't wait for this to be done.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 05/27/2019 6:58 pm

5 hours ago, weady97 said:

I'm so happy to hear you finally cleared up! This medicine reallllyy is something else. I was mostly clear the past few weeks till this Friday. Now I've got a few cystsgoing on again. Ugh, can't wait for this to be done.

Thanks so much!! And tell me about it hahah. We will be done before we know it!

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 05/29/2019 10:39 pm

Almost Beginning of Week 12

Still get a couple zits here and there but they usually are gone in about a day or two and theyre nothing significant. 1 cyst on side of forehead, but its clearing up!

MemberMember
(@weronika717)

Posted : 06/02/2019 12:07 pm

On 3/9/2019 at 7:53 AM, FH99 said:

Hello all! Im brand new to this site but Ive read different forums on here for years. This upcoming Wednesday Ill be meeting back with my dermatologist to discuss Accutane and hopefully get prescribed it. Its unfortunate that its come to this however Ive done everything I can up until this point. Though Accutane is sometimes frowned upon Im excited to start this journey and hopefully never really have to deal with acne again after this. Let me give you a quick backstory before I hopefully start this journey.

Ive had mild cystic acne since middle school and throughout high school. My junior year I started developing acne on my body and my doctor prescribed me doxycycline. I took that for about 6 months and almost Instantly cleared up any acne I had. I went off of it and started getting mild acne again. A few months later I had the worst breakout I ever had to this day. After dealing with it for a few months and no signs of it stopping I started doxycycline again and once more it cleared me up 100%. Took that for another 6 months and went off of it for 2 months and broke out again but very mildly. Still after having a clear complexion I hated the mild acne and started doxy again. Unfortunately it didnt do anything this time and the acne kept coming. I then switched over to monocycline and still nothing cleared up. My theory is I became resistant to the tetracycline antibiotics as a whole for taking them for so long. Here I am still taking some monocycline even though I know its not doing really anything at least its something until I get something else.

As of right now I have some whiteheads in my mustache area. A few on my chin that havent came up and about 4cysts on the right side of my face\neck. I could go on and on all day about how acne sucks and my entire story but Ill save you the details. I just want my clear skin back and if Accutane is what it takes then its a road Im willing to go down. Im going to ask to also get prescribed Bactrim which is a different class of antibiotic (that hopefully Im not resistant too) to help with the initial breakout. Ill keep you all updated on if I get prescribed it and what dose!

Also, trust me Ive tried just about everything. Like I said currently taking Monocyline (which appears to be doing nothing) Im also currently taking Clindamycin topical lotion (which appears to be doing nothing). Ive taken doxycline in the past which did helped and it was fun while it lasted, Ive tried BP, Salyic Acid, sulfur, apple cider vinegar, Aztec healing clay, cutting out dairy, lots of water, this and that. For anyone going on antibiotics honestly trust me dont do it. I read so many forums of people saying dont go on them and I didnt listen because at first it worked. Thing is, it probably will work and it will get you clear. For a short amount of time and then guess what... it comes back worse way way worse. Im a victim of that right now and if only I wouldve listen to all those forums smh.

I noticed upon doing my research on Accutane that many logs were incomplete and people stopped updating the followers as soon as theyre skin cleared up and most likley never returned to this site because they have no reason too! They have clear skin. I want to ensure that even WHEN my skin clears up on this I will continue to update!

Hi FH99,

I started off with antibiotics and topical treatments which didn't help, so I was prescribed Roaccutane. For the first month I was on 20mg and no harsh side effects other than I had a really bad breakout, it was so bad and my confidence reached its lowest point and I had a feeling that this dose is not enough for me and will be increased. I was right my derm prescribed 40 mg and I just finished the first week , my acne is still so bad. I feel so shitty about it but I am really hoping it will start clearing up soon. My derm also said that he reckons I will be taking it for another two months.

I am also very afraid of the possible serious side effects.

Best of Luck

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 06/03/2019 1:46 am

13 hours ago, Weronika717 said:

Hi FH99,

I started off with antibiotics and topical treatments which didn't help, so I was prescribed Roaccutane. For the first month I was on 20mg and no harsh side effects other than I had a really bad breakout, it was so bad and my confidence reached its lowest point and I had a feeling that this dose is not enough for me and will be increased. I was right my derm prescribed 40 mg and I just finished the first week , my acne is still so bad. I feel so shitty about it but I am really hoping it will start clearing up soon. My derm also said that he reckons I will be taking it for another two months.

I am also very afraid of the possible serious side effects.

Best of Luck

Good luck man! My face cleared up last week but then two more pimples just showed up a bad place but Ill get through it! Its a Roller coaster Forsure but just remember that at the end you will have flawless skin. I hate this as well and its really affected my social life but Ill be 100% clear soon hopefully! And dont trip about the serious side effects. I havent noticed a single thing

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 06/10/2019 2:49 pm

Week 13

just wanted to give everyone an update! So around the end of the third month my skin really cleared up. Lately Ive been breaking out every 3-4 days but nothing really significant. Small breakouts and the only ones that suck are the ones in bad places. Hopefully this will be my last month breaking out! Hope everyone is doing well

MemberMember
(@hopingforthebetter)

Posted : 06/11/2019 10:49 am

19 hours ago, FH99 said:

Week 13

just wanted to give everyone an update! So around the end of the third month my skin really cleared up. Lately Ive been breaking out every 3-4 days but nothing really significant. Small breakouts and the only ones that suck are the ones in bad places. Hopefully this will be my last month breaking out! Hope everyone is doing well

I'm happy to hear that your skin is getting better:)

Today is my second week (9th day) of taking Accutane and I'm really scared of initial breakout that I might experience