Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log 18y/o Male

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/20/2019 9:08 am

6 minutes ago, weady97 said:

When I go in for my one month check up and refill I'm going to see if I can get on bactrim or something like that. I work retail, its very stressful for me standing in front of customer. I actually only got about 2 hours of sleep cause of back pain. Just to think this is day 8 of the next 6 months...

I straight up asked for Bactrim or predinose to help with the IB And they immediately shut me down saying that for my blood tests the need to know that its accutane that it shooting up my levels and not something else. All I heard is they wanna save money. I hate Kaiser lol. I was gonna just tackle my day again by not looking in the mirror, then I just saw my dad and he goes dang you got some pimples goin. Yep...

the way I see it is, this month is most likley gonna be the hardest month. Once I have clear skin I dont really care about the sides honestly. Ill take extreme side effects if it means clear skin

weady97 liked
MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/21/2019 2:52 pm

Week 1, Day 7

Initial breakout still hitting hard. I broke out even more mid day yesterday I even have a pimple on my ear... what is this lol. In another case every part of my skin that isnt broken out is basically baby smooth.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/22/2019 7:12 pm

Week 2, Day 1

well on a positive note, one week is down! A lot changed this last week.... my face is entirely broken out.

Just to give you guys an idea on how bad it is, my mom got home from a trip today and said oh you grew out a mustache while I was gone. Yeah those are pimples :(. So this sucks so far but this too shall pass!

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 03/23/2019 10:42 pm

On 3/9/2019 at 7:53 AM, FH99 said:

Hello all! Im brand new to this site but Ive read different forums on here for years. This upcoming Wednesday Ill be meeting back with my dermatologist to discuss Accutane and hopefully get prescribed it. Its unfortunate that its come to this however Ive done everything I can up until this point. Though Accutane is sometimes frowned upon Im excited to start this journey and hopefully never really have to deal with acne again after this. Let me give you a quick backstory before I hopefully start this journey.

Ive had mild cystic acne since middle school and throughout high school. My junior year I started developing acne on my body and my doctor prescribed me doxycycline. I took that for about 6 months and almost Instantly cleared up any acne I had. I went off of it and started getting mild acne again. A few months later I had the worst breakout I ever had to this day. After dealing with it for a few months and no signs of it stopping I started doxycycline again and once more it cleared me up 100%. Took that for another 6 months and went off of it for 2 months and broke out again but very mildly. Still after having a clear complexion I hated the mild acne and started doxy again. Unfortunately it didnt do anything this time and the acne kept coming. I then switched over to monocycline and still nothing cleared up. My theory is I became resistant to the tetracycline antibiotics as a whole for taking them for so long. Here I am still taking some monocycline even though I know its not doing really anything at least its something until I get something else.

As of right now I have some whiteheads in my mustache area. A few on my chin that havent came up and about 4cysts on the right side of my face\neck. I could go on and on all day about how acne sucks and my entire story but Ill save you the details. I just want my clear skin back and if Accutane is what it takes then its a road Im willing to go down. Im going to ask to also get prescribed Bactrim which is a different class of antibiotic (that hopefully Im not resistant too) to help with the initial breakout. Ill keep you all updated on if I get prescribed it and what dose!

Also, trust me Ive tried just about everything. Like I said currently taking Monocyline (which appears to be doing nothing) Im also currently taking Clindamycin topical lotion (which appears to be doing nothing). Ive taken doxycline in the past which did helped and it was fun while it lasted, Ive tried BP, Salyic Acid, sulfur, apple cider vinegar, Aztec healing clay, cutting out dairy, lots of water, this and that. For anyone going on antibiotics honestly trust me dont do it. I read so many forums of people saying dont go on them and I didnt listen because at first it worked. Thing is, it probably will work and it will get you clear. For a short amount of time and then guess what... it comes back worse way way worse. Im a victim of that right now and if only I wouldve listen to all those forums smh.

I noticed upon doing my research on Accutane that many logs were incomplete and people stopped updating the followers as soon as theyre skin cleared up and most likley never returned to this site because they have no reason too! They have clear skin. I want to ensure that even WHEN my skin clears up on this I will continue to update!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6431453/Thousands-prescribed-Roaccutane-theres-disturbing-evidence-leave-men-suicidal.html

Accutane is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world.

It is not the miracle drug it is marketed as such - it is a double suicide risk drug. Spontaneous psychotic suicides during the medication and suicides months or years post the drug because the permanent side effects are too much to bear.

Everyone should do their research and assume the worst is possible.

Be informed!

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/23/2019 10:47 pm

11 minutes ago, hatetane said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6431453/Thousands-prescribed-Roaccutane-theres-disturbing-evidence-leave-men-suicidal.html

Accutane is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world.

It is not the miracle drug it is marketed as such - it is a double suicide risk drug. Spontaneous psychotic suicides during the medication and suicides months or years post the drug because the permanent side effects are too much to bear.

Everyone should do their research and assume the worst is possible.

Be informed!

I appreciate your feelings but Ive probably read every single log/study/article on accutane and Im well aware of every single side effect considering I had to sit and sign for all of them. Im not misinformed, its helped a ton of people.

Considering your username, Im presuming you had a bad experience on accutane and Im sorry if you did but many people end up being just fine.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 03/23/2019 11:00 pm

3 minutes ago, FH99 said:

I appreciate your feelings but Ive probably read every single log/study/article on accutane and Im well aware of every single side effect considering I had to sit and sign for all of them. Im not misinformed, its helped a ton of people.

So, just out of interest could you tell me that in the consent form you signed doesit warn you about permanent sexual dysfunction and longterm suicidal ideation?

I live in the UK and we don't have consent forms here so trust me this is a very genuine question.

I was not suggesting you were misinformed I just want to make sure you are informed. If you have done your research and know about all the listed and unlisted side effects then of course that is great.

One interesting fact - the pharmaceutical companies and the regulators will tell you that suicides have never been proven and it is true that they don't actuallyknow what biological mechanism might cause this but they do accept that the drug does cause suicide or at least the regulators do - the pharmas just want to sell their drugs and don't care about patients!

THEY ALSO DO NOT KNOW THE BIOLOGICAL MECHANISE ON HOW IT CURES ACNE!

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/psusa/isotretinoin-oral-formulations-cmdh-scientific-conclusions-grounds-variation-amendments-product/00010488/201611_en.pdf

Research all known accutane suicides - many of them occur months or years post the medication.

I wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/24/2019 12:43 am

1 hour ago, hatetane said:

So, just out of interest could you tell me that in the consent form you signed does it warn you about permanent sexual dysfunction and longterm suicidal ideation?

I live in the UK and we don't have consent forms here so trust me this is a very genuine question.

I was not suggesting you were misinformed I just want to make sure you are informed. If you have done your research and know about all the listed and  unlisted side effects then of course that is great. 

One interesting fact - the pharmaceutical companies and the regulators will tell you that suicides have never been proven and it is true that they don't actually know what biological mechanism might cause this but they do accept that the drug does cause suicide or at least the regulators do - the pharmas just want to sell their drugs and don't care about patients!

THEY ALSO DO NOT KNOW THE BIOLOGICAL MECHANISE ON HOW IT CURES ACNE!

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/psusa/isotretinoin-oral-formulations-cmdh-scientific-conclusions-grounds-variation-amendments-product/00010488/201611_en.pdf

Research all known accutane suicides - many of them occur months or years post the medication.

I wish you all the best.

Listen I appreciate you trying into inform me of the list I literally signed but it™s not cool going onto a bunch of accutane forums and leaving links to suicides and trying to act like a doctor. Please stop trying to scare people and myself of things we know can happen. I will hope these don™t occur but I don™t need to be thinking about them. 

Have a good one

Week 2, Day 2 

Dry lips are definitely here but nothing some chapstick can™t handle. Skin is pretty dry in some areas and oily in others. I have a good amount of actives going an I see a lot of whiteheads coming up on my chin. Good thing is when this IB is over things will get much better! 1 day at a time! Today I took a upclose picture of myself and put it into an album for me to look at when this is all over to see what I overcame! I™ll report back when there™s more to tell :)

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 03/24/2019 9:53 pm

21 hours ago, FH99 said:

Listen I appreciate you trying into inform me of the list I literally signed but it™s not cool going onto a bunch of accutane forums and leaving links to suicides and trying to act like a doctor. Please stop trying to scare people and myself of things we know can happen. I will hope these don™t occur but I don™t need to be thinking about them. 

Have a good one

Week 2, Day 2 

Dry lips are definitely here but nothing some chapstick can™t handle. Skin is pretty dry in some areas and oily in others. I have a good amount of actives going an I see a lot of whiteheads coming up on my chin. Good thing is when this IB is over things will get much better! 1 day at a time! Today I took a upclose picture of myself and put it into an album for me to look at when this is all over to see what I overcame! I™ll report back when there™s more to tell :)

I am sorry you think I am trying to scare you. I know the suicides are reasonable well know but the sexual sides are not and they are not listed in the PIL in the US. Only Canada and Europe list these as side effects which is why I take the time to try and warn kids. I am not a doctor but the doctors who are prescribing this drug have not researched or had experience of this drug like I have.

How old are you?

The mature response would be to say thank you for alerting me to these dangers but I have made my choice and I am happy with it!

I really hope you will be lucky and not have to endure any nasty side effects and I look forward to your updates.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/25/2019 12:44 am

2 hours ago, hatetane said:

I am sorry you think I am trying to scare you. I know the suicides are reasonable well know but the sexual sides are not and they are not listed in the PIL in the US. Only Canada and Europe list these as side effects which is why I take the time to try and warn kids. I am not a doctor but the doctors who are prescribing this drug have not researched or had experience of this drug like I have.

How old are you?

The mature response would be to say thank you for alerting me to these dangers but I have made my choice and I am happy with it!

I really hope you will be lucky and not have to endure any nasty side effects and I look forward to your updates.

Take the time to look at the actual title and you can quite visibly see my age ;) please leave my log now, and I think dermatologists have well undergone there research and training on the drug.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/25/2019 1:57 am

Week 2, Day 3

day by day getting through this! My Initial Breakout has unfortunately gotten much much worse, theres basically acne everywhere on my face. Pretty bad and its really on my lower cheeks and jawline and now pretty bad on my forehead. Prob a good 5x worse than when I started. Just need to get these babies out and clear skin is around the corner

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/25/2019 3:20 pm

Week 2, Day 4

Coming up on finishing 2 weeks so that™s a checkpoint! So I™ve found something very interesting that I noticed. So I had a few somewhat large red pimples above my lips before I started. We™re now basically a week and a half in and my IB Started around day 4 and I got a big cysts right above those pimples on my upper lip. What I noticed is that the cyst that came up already drained and is smaller than the ones that I™ve had since pre accutane. Very interesting. Anyone know this is? Anyways the IB is still going. A ton of whiteheads on my jaw/neck area and a lot in my mustache area, my chin, and on the sides of my forehead. I™ve honestly began to stop caring. I go about my day just as any other and luckily no one really stares at my face (prob because it™s not pleasing to look at lol) but what does suck is when I go to the gym and see some ladies I know. Try to avoid them unfortunately just so they can™t really get a close up of my face. But the tides will change hopefully pretty soon :). I™ve noticed the irritability has subsided almost completely however I™ve been noticing some lower back pack, especially when lifting. Good luck everyone!

also just one thing. Before accutane, whenever I would have a breakout I™d be tripping out and just hiding my face 24/7 from even my parents. And now even though this is one of the worst breakouts of my life, I™m not really that embarrassed. I obviously don™t wanna go up to the hot ladies right now but I mean I™m not really caring overall. I think it™s mainly that I know this is one of the last breakouts I™ll really ever have to deal with (hopefully).

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 03/25/2019 7:29 pm

On 3/24/2019 at 5:43 AM, FH99 said:

Have a good one

Week 2, Day 2 

Your being very rude! And anyone can post on a forum, it does not belong to you. Anyhow I am happy to leave it for now but if I see kids asking questions that need answering I will tell them the truth.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/25/2019 9:24 pm

On 3/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, hatetane said:

Your being very rude! And anyone can post on a forum, it does not belong to you. Anyhow I am happy to leave it for now but if I see kids asking questionsthat need answering I will tell them the truth.

Last I checked asking someone how old are you is quite rude and belittling my maturity.Telling someone they shouldnt be taking something that their doctor literally prescribed them is not your place at all. I feel bad that you have nothing better to do than go on random peoples logs and leaving links to suicides all over them. I hope you find some happiness

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/26/2019 10:56 am

Week 2, Day 5

So it appears that my skin somewhat calmed down overnight. I still have acne basically everywhere but there not as inflamed. I do have one pretty big cyst like on my cheekbone which hurts. Im trying not to pop anything because theyve been popping quickly on there own!

ok so its now night time and I was soooo oily today but also dry. The weirdest feeling. I feel a lot of new pimples coming up but not too concerned. Honestly its kinda cool watching all this oil get pushed out of my skin. Unfortunately some of that oil makes pimples hahaha but this IB should be over in a couple weeks!

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/27/2019 10:52 am

Week 2, Day 6

So the IB continues! I legit have white heads on top of a few cysts. Pretty wild. I notice a LOTof blackheads coming up. I have to say the absolute worst area is my mustache area. I have so many big red pimples right there and multiple white heads. Its legit my least favorite place to get a pimple cause they honestly look the worst. Its so weird though like all last summer when I had 90% clear skin (thanks to doxycycline) I would be tripping out about a tiny pimple for days and Id be picking at it and that whole deal. Now I have all this and Im not even really trippin about it. I prefer not to see people I know in public but if I do I do.

Its now night time! Usually by night I have a lot of new zits (because I take my pill in the morning) but I havent noticed any new ones the rest of the day. Maybe the IB is over. Maybe not. The world goes on

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/28/2019 12:20 am

So night of day7 of week 2. Ok in some ways Im lucky that my IB started almost instantly because it should be ending soon but at the same time my face is probably the worst its ever looked. I definitely have the most amount of pimples on my face Ive ever had but most are whiteheads. So I really cant tell if a pimple is new or has been there now. I legit have that many. Wild lol

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/28/2019 8:26 am

Week 3, Day 1

woooo! 2 weeks down of the worst month. I have hope that after this month my skin will really improve. So i walked into a dressing room today with good lighting and saw my face. Ive officially hit an all time low acne wise. Its everywhere on my face other than my upper cheeks. Like I look really really bad. I was kind of worried that this wasnt my initial breakout but now Im assured it definitely is. Theres also a good amount on my back. Surprisingly my chest is clear and it usually has at least something. But yup thats where Im at. This morning it looked like it was calming down but nope. Gonna stick through it because I know the end result! Im gonna stop updating for now because I feel like Im being repetitive and theres really nothing to update other than my face looking like crap. Ill update when it starts clearing. Good luck everyone, stay strong

also in the mean time if anyone has questions Im more than happy to awnser!

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/28/2019 11:02 am

My backs pretty broken out as well. I hadnt even realized. My dad patted me on the back and it hurt so bad.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/28/2019 11:57 am

I was just reading reviews on acne.org of accutane. The reviews were amazing to read and gave me so much hope! People were saying how it changed they™re lives and some even said how it saved they™re lives because of how depressed acne was making them! Amazing to read :)

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 03/30/2019 3:04 pm

Week 3, Day 3

so once my skin hit its peak of zits everything started calming down! (For now) basically all the pimples in my mustache area came to a head yesterday and today they are all flat except for 1! I think rn I have about 5 actives which isnt bad at all! Basically Im back to where I started. I do have on really nasty cyst on my right lower cheek that has a few white heads on top of it, but thats really the only bad one! Ill update again when theres some serious changes

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 04/02/2019 11:38 am

Week 3, Day 6

Ok so my face has really calmed down but its weird. Sometimes Ill look in mirror and look just fine and then later I look and I look horrible. Its weird but without a doubt my IB has really calmed down. Im still getting about 1-2 small whiteheads a day, but not nearly as bad as before. My skin stopped producing oil a few days ago and its honestly super weird lol. My lips are cracking and I put chapstick on all day but thats a small price to pay.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 04/08/2019 4:46 pm

Week 4, Day 4

So its been almost a week since my last update and Im almost done with my first month! I have my checkup in about a week so Ill be off the pills for I think 2 days but it shouldnt really make a difference. Acne wise its been quite interesting the last week. My skin started clearing to the point where I kinda looked good and then 2 days ago it broke out again lol. Its a pretty constant cycle right now and my dosage is getting increased so I fear another breakout will come then. We shall see. At least the hardest month is down!

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 04/09/2019 11:14 pm

Week 4, Day 5

Well as we are ending the 1st month the initial breakout part 2 has appeared. It is BAD. Worse than the first initial breakout. It got good for a few good days and then boom. Ill tell you guys a story of today just to give you an idea of how absolutely horrible I look. So Ive never been treated like this in my entire life. I meet this couple that Im gonna start training and I go to shake the wifes hand and she just stares at my face. I keep my hand in the air and then tells me she wont shake my hand. WOW. Like guys dont me wrong, its not like extremely severe. In fact Id say its on the moderate- low severe side, but the issue is that the pimples/giant cysts that I have, are all in horrible places that are very very visible. Hope everyone is doing a little better than i am haha. But sinceNo one really engages with this log except the HATETANE person,Ill prob just update this when Im clear so anyone who takes it in the future knows how long it took me. If anyone has questions in the meantime though, Ill forsure answer.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/10/2019 1:15 am

If you have taken antibiotics recently, you probably have candida or malasezzia, both of which are fungal conditions, mostly caused orexacerbated by antibiotics. If you have a white tongue then you most likely have candida. If you have dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis then you have malassezia. Both need to treated with (different) antifungals.

Antibiotics sometimes work for a short time against candida and malasezia because the antibiotics calm inflammation and some people have a secondary bacterial infection on top of the primary fungal infection.

MemberMember
(@fh99)

Posted : 04/10/2019 8:24 am

7 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

If you have taken antibiotics recently, you probably have candida or malasezzia, both of which are fungal conditions, mostly caused orexacerbated by antibiotics. If you have a white tongue then you most likely have candida. If you have dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis then you have malassezia. Both need to treated with (different) antifungals.

Antibiotics sometimes work for a short time against candida and malasezia because the antibiotics calm inflammation and some people have a secondary bacterial infection on top of the primary fungal infection.

Yeah I had dermatitis in Novemberwhen i went off them and I had it treated!