Over it

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/25/2018 10:59 am

Thanks for reading my post. First, I know that there are people out there with acne a lot worse than mine but mine is driving me crazy. I™ve suffered from anxiety, depression issues since my husband passed 5 1/2 years and the acne is making those issues worse. I don™t even want to be around people. 

My face has been broke out non stop for months now. I™ve been using antibiotic (I forgot the name) wipes every morning after washing my face with dove. At night I use Epiduo forte after washing my face with miceller water. I started using the water because the soap twice a day was drying my face out. I™m also taking Bactrim once a day and just started taking the generic brand of ortho- tri- cyclin. 

My my left cheek is almost clear but the right one and my jawline looks a mess. It itches and feels like the moisture has been sucked out of my skin.

anyway, I don™t know why I™m posting other than to vent and see if anyone has any extra advice for me? I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin. The no makeup picture is from a month or so ago and the makeup is today. I feel like it™s getting worse.EF0DD498-C115-4388-9C6C-6D63217675F3.jpeg

C93F5658-0BD4-447A-A187-C85B8F0C0402.jpeg

MemberMember
(@washuz)

Posted : 02/25/2018 2:27 pm

Have you been to a doctor about it? I was getting small pustules all over my face and neck, and they were itchy. It turned out to be fungal acne. All the antibacterial products and antibiotics I took were just making it worse. Maybe look up some remedies to fungal based acne and start a new regimen. I was battling it for 3 years and after two days on the Rx from a dermatologist to treat fungal based acne, my skin was clearing up. I guess we need the right balance of bacteria or else other things get out of control.