Notifications
Clear all

Finding prescriber regular doctor

MemberMember
(@uglyaf)

Posted : 02/24/2018 5:45 pm

Hi, I'm new and kind of unaware of how this forum really works but I'm wondering if there is a list somewhere with all the Dr.s that are part of the I-Pledge program. I live in northern maine. The closest dermatologist is 3 hours south with a 6 month wait. If I could find someone that could get into within a month or two I would drive as far as Boston. But I know there are regular MDs out there that can prescribe it. The problem is whenever I call a hospital to see if they have a Dr that is part of the program, nobody even knows what I-Pledge is. Its frustrating how illusive accitane is. I'm paying mostly cash and don't want to be given the run around. I have no PCP. And no connections. Any ideas? Sorry this is wordy. I'm afraid of going to a dermatologist, paying them a ton of money, and walking out without accutane. I've already tried tetracycline, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin, IPL, Blu-U....

MemberMember
(@hospitalbum)

Posted : 02/25/2018 6:30 pm

Hey there. I'm from the US as well. I'm not aware of whether such information is made public - it certainly is a pain in the ass to find out which doctors are medically progressive enough to prescribe these types of medications and in ways that are off-label. One way you can start out is by calling specific dermatologist clinics and ask what the practice is like, and whether accutane is prescribed. Try to speak to one of the nurses, as secretaries typically aren't knowledgeable. Is there are reason why you're calling hospitals? Also, if you go see a derm, they will not prescribe accutane to a patient that they cannot track over the course of the treatment so be sure you see someone that you can see consistently, or else they cannot renew your prescription.