Notifications
Clear all

Accutane is worsening everything.

MemberMember
(@rockster87)

Posted : 12/12/2017 6:14 pm

Hi I am 19 years old and new to this forum. I've been battling rosacea for about 2/3 years but it never got to a severe point until now. This year I had a septoplasty which flared and started my seborrehic dermatitis and it worsened my rosacea. For those who suffer SD, you know it's a horrible condition which no one actually cares about given that it is very misunderstood. I've tried everything and nothing works until my dermatologist prescribed me low dose accutane (20mg) for 4 months. I currently am in day 9 and my seborreah has flared and worsened like never before. It is very very painful to see my face and I know many of you will understand the feeling of not wanting to go out because of your face. My nose is currently bright red and scaling and I have flaked all over my face including moustache, chin, nose, sideburns, ears, eyebrows, under the eyes, etc. Is someone in this same situation or was in this hell of a journey? Does it get better and is it really worth the suffering? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 12/12/2017 7:30 pm

Could be purging. Try to stick with it if you can.

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/16/2017 12:30 am

80% of Accutane users have reported somewhat flare up of acne during the first 3 months and by the 6th month 90% reduction in Acne. Stick with it. :)