Notifications
Clear all

My progress on spironolactone!

MemberMember
(@desperatevegan)

Posted : 08/07/2018 10:06 am

Okay I think this is going to be my last and final update. It™s been a long time since I last posted here but I just wanted to post at least one more photo. I just still cannot believe how amazing spiro has worked for me. The only downside is that if I miss even one dose I can still get a breakout. I kind of learn that the hard way every time lol. I went in for surgery yesterday morning, but no the weeks leading up to my surgery I had lots of imaging and testing done and I was not allowed to take my medication in the before most of those appointments. I got a really bad breakout because of it, but during surgery they gave me antibiotics in my IV and I was so surprised to wake up and realize the two really bad cysts I had went away completely from it. It™s still so amazing to me that I can take pictures like this without putting on makeup first or doing any editing to hide my blemishes. I™m so happy with my skin now, and I know I™ve said it many times before, but spiro has been such a miracle for me. 

D478130C-1C26-47ED-A1CA-D2F921FEC61D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ksa)

Posted : 09/18/2018 1:39 pm

I wanted to chime in here - I have been following your thread, and congratulations on your success!
I have been taking Spironolactone too - first at 300mg, then 200mg, and now 100mg as of Saturday. My experience is somewhat different. I'm a boy - but I had elevated androgens and hair loss when I started so I was put on Flutamide 500mg in 2012, which was a miracle, but then every time I tried to ditch it, I'd break out like I never broke out before and shed hair like a banshee. Finally, when my doctors tried to take me off completely - I was put on Spiro 300mg and Finasteride 5mg. While Spiro did reduce breakouts it took 6 months solid to see any effect and my skin went through phases of being oily and then less oily. I was slowly weaned down from 300 to 200 and then from 200 to 100. It's been a total waste of time for me as my major concern was oiliness but your transformation is absolutely inspirational <3