Notifications
Clear all

Starting Epiduo

MemberMember
(@plummyveil)

Posted : 05/11/2017 2:37 pm

I've been on Clindamycin for around one year two months. I recently went to my doctor after clindamycin has ceased working and she prescribed Epiduo. I'm really nervous about starting Epiduo because of what I've read. I have some questions that if answered from people who've used Epiduo would be great. What moisturizer products do you use (I'm a guy, not that it matter per say) I've heard Cetaphil moisturizer is really helpful, seeing as there is suppose to be a lot of dryness and flaking. How bad is the redness and what can one do to subsidize it? I have a wedding coming up and I regularly go to school, so the redness is seeming like something that may need to be addressed? How bad are he initial breakouts in the "purging stage", what should I expect. Basically just some help with moisturizers, how to avoid excessive redness, and what to expect would be fantastic. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 05/17/2017 4:24 am

USE IT EXACTLY AS YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU TO..NOT MORE NOT LESS. I learned it the hard way. I live in a hot and humid place so never needed a moisturizer but Cetaphil is very thick and always broke me out so I'd say you look for some gel based moisturizers.

MemberMember
(@acnecanbiteit)

Posted : 05/18/2017 7:59 am

Try Cera Ve.. I would try one without spf in it. Look for the word noncomodegenic. Good luck.. that is so frustrating!