Notifications
Clear all

Makeup won't stick to my skin on accutane... confused?

MemberMember
(@raedoherty)

Posted : 05/11/2017 10:10 am

I started accutane 5 months ago.. it worked amazing no real side effects until the 5th month she upped the dose to 60mg and my skin has completely changed. My pores look quite abit larger (might be in my head but I'm pretty sure they have) fine lines on forehead which I assume is from the skin thinning and drying. But the main thing that is confusing me is foundation concealer powder ANY makeup will not stick to my nose cheeks or upper lip and sometimes chin? It's not even that it fades off it will not apply just won't stick to it I have no idea why this would happen. Didn't even struggle with this when my skin was super oily before accutane or even until the dose was upped .. does anyone know what would cause this and If my skin will return back to normal after? Thanks

MemberMember
(@cecek)

Posted : 05/14/2017 4:47 am

I have the same problem ! on my nose especially
I usually use one of those : garnier bb cream or Revlon foundation
The problem seems to be from the dry skin, because yesterday I scrubbed my nose (coz the black heads on my nose somehow came out) using a clean cloth and today when I applied my foundation it looks way better.
but note that I scrubbed only my nose because my face feels sensitive and a little irritated from the dryness ..