Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline 100mg twice a day - WEEK 5-6 WORST BREAKOUT EVER

MemberMember
(@tanner_cho)

Posted : 06/29/2016 10:46 pm

Hello,

I am 19 years old and have struggled with acne for the past few years of my life. It was always moderate but just recently had gotten to be a little bit more severe. About a couple months ago I decided to finally get the courage to go to a dermatologist to get myself checked out. She prescribed me Doxycycline as well as a couple creams, and I have been taking it twice a day (100mg) for about 5 or so weeks, almost on week 6. I have gotten feedback from many people saying it gets worse before it gets better or people even saying they noticed improvements within the first week. Unfortunately, my acne has gotten MUCH worse since on this. I have broken out completely all over my chin, jawline, cheeks and it has been recently creeping up to my forehead. Not only have they been multiplying, but the acne is almost swollen or blistering like (allergic reaction??)I have huge red marks all over my face as well. I am not sure what to do at this point, whether it be stopping the medication or keep going. I have heard that you can get even worse breakouts when stopping this medication but I feel as if this has only made my skin so much worse. Haven't seen the slightest bit of improvement. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do? I am very lost at this point.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 07/03/2016 5:33 pm

SAME HERE and i think Im going to throw in the towel
I am 1 yr out from a 6mnth course of tane
I was getting 3-5 small spots a week but was woried my skin would continue to get worse
long story short, I was put on 100mg doxy 2x a day and things have just got worse and worse and worse
Im getting 2-3 spots a day!
I guess some meds dont work for everyone
I dont want to continue this med and never get relief...

kim

MemberMember
(@uptownsheep)

Posted : 07/28/2016 10:47 pm

antibiotics alone shouldn't cause you to break out, it's the creams that cause this. antibiotics only attack bacteria, they dont "push stuff to the surface." the creams do, however. the VAST majority of people who experience an "IB" with antibiotics also started a topical at the same time. this is the culprit.