Notifications
Clear all

Using Epiduo on low dose accutane?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/06/2016 4:39 am

Hello everyone.

I finished my full dose course of accutane in September last year (ish) and was put on Epiduo after. It worked for a bit, but my acne started coming back.

I restarted accutane at 20mg for two months in January to Feb 2016, and have been on a very low dosage of 20mg a week since then.

My acne has been up and down, however right now it has been awful... My skin is the same as before accutane at this point, and covered in shaving bumps as well (despite using an electric razor). I was wondering if anyone has any experience of taking low dosage accutane and what your experience was, and also if I can use Epiduo whilst I am on this low dosage.

My skin is normal, not overally dry, so was wondering if I'd be able to include epiduo in my daily skincare to try and ease this discomforting breakout.

Thank you for any advice

MemberMember
(@growingcosmo)

Posted : 04/06/2016 5:29 am

I have used Epiduo in the past (didn't work for me) and now on accutane. Epiduo made my face really sore so I think it would have been too much for me. Are you able to call your dermatologist and ask them? I have a phone number of a nurse who can answer questions like that or maybe ask a pharmacist who would know about any interactions it might have.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/06/2016 6:14 am

Unfortunately it's very hard to contact my derm as I am living in Japan right now (moved from england two months ago)

My skin is quite sensitive anyway, but as it's not dry from the accutane and the epiduo didnt cause any adverse effects before, I'm not sure whether or not epiduo would help or hinder these yellowheads and shaving bumps...

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/06/2016 9:02 am

Hey there! Okay I might not be the most helpful because I am on day 22 of 40mg Accutane, but my skin is def dry and sensitive. Since this is my first month, I have been spot treating with the Epiduo Forte (slightly stronger than the normal, good sh*t!). Sometimes I just dab a tiny dot, other times I treat an area, like my forehead, etc. I haven't had any adverse effects except over drying. If I were you I would just test it out for yourself in a very gentle, slow manner. But you know your skin best. If it's not abnormally dry and Epiduo has worked for you in the past, then test it carefully! Good luck! Don't let your acne woes get you down, Japan sounds dope!!!