Notifications
Clear all

POST ACCUTANE USERS needed please

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 03/21/2016 10:07 am

After accutane did you experience a re adjustment period where accutane has left your body and you had a breakout?
DID IT GO AWAY?
how long did it last?
and how did you deal with it?

im 3 weeks post accutane and have broken out with about 5-10 spots although these do not have white heads- only red

thanks in advanced
all posts are appreciated

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 03/25/2016 11:03 am

I finished Accutane three months ago. I had one bit itchy nodule appear about 3 weeks after my last dose. That scared me into ordering the regimen. I do a reduced version of the regimen to maintain clarity. I'm not even sure I need it, but it makes me feel better! Haha. I got a cyst below my jawline, as well, but that's been it in all this time. Ordering some BP might make you feel better and keep you from touching your face and obsessing. At least that's what it does for me! Make sure you keep moisturizing!

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 03/25/2016 1:01 pm

Would it be ok for me to do the regimen just after accutane (25days) and does it break you out slightly when you start it? Many thanks

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 03/26/2016 6:39 am

It sounds like you're already broken out, so I wouldn't be concerned about an initial breakout. I didn't have one, but I was clear from accutane when I started. And I started about a month after accutane, as well and that didn't cause me any issues, just work up to the full dose very gradually. Don't rush! Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@cnuggers)

Posted : 08/25/2017 11:55 am

How is it now?
You may have had a reaction to the accutane leaving your system. Typically complexion should improve as your body recovers from your dose, as long as you don't relapse.