Notifications
Clear all

Isotretinoin (3 months) problems

MemberMember
(@billy3309)

Posted : 12/28/2015 7:28 am

I amnearing the end of my 3rd month on isotretinoin however I still get a lot of spots, my skin looks so much worse than when I started because the initial break out has left me with horrible big dark red patches all over my cheeks that literally look like a beard and they aren't fading, my doctors kept me on 20mg but it just doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone relate to this/ have any advice? Would be very much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/28/2015 10:41 am

Keep on keeping on. You are at a low dose so it WILL take longer for you to clear up. The marks won't begin to fade until you are off of tane as your skin will heal much slower on the drug. it is not unusual to clear up towards the end of your course so don't worry as of yet. Try to be patient and keep your mind off your skin by staying busy.

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 12/28/2015 2:12 pm

I'm in my 4th month with many spots-much more from when I started... Although atm its drying up because I haven't moisturised since Accutane so hopefully it gets better although every time I say that it gets much worst...;(

MemberMember
(@may2016)

Posted : 12/30/2015 10:08 am

I have the same dosage, completed 20 days and i have started getting painful 1 cysteach morning.

This wasnt the kind of pimple i got in general and i dont know when these would stop.