Notifications
Clear all

is accutane not working for me?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 12/27/2015 11:31 am

i've made posts like this before but...i'm extremely frustrated and anxious and can't stop thinking about this.

i'm starting 4 months now....to be exact i'm on day 94. even though there's improvement i'm STILL breaking out. I woke up today with an active on my forehead that's slightly painful. not to mention my forehead has several closed comedones.

i can't describe how anxious i am. this was really my last hope and I didn't think I'd be breaking out this far into my course. I guess I'll just have to deal with the fact that i'll be ugly for the rest of my life.

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 12/27/2015 3:48 pm

I can totally react to you I'm 4 months into accutane and every day waking up with whiteheads and unbelievably have a big one on my forehead just like you. Before starting accutane my skin was 90% clearer and I went on it hoping to be fully clear. I wanted to be clear by the time I went back to college but the opposite has ended and I have broken out more! I'm 17 years old and male on 60mg. WE CAN BOTH GET THROUGH THIS

May2016 and 102938 liked
MemberMember
(@nickrazell)

Posted : 12/27/2015 11:23 pm

7 hours ago, Stiffchocolate said:

I can totally react to you I'm 4 months into accutane and every day waking up with whiteheads and unbelievably have a big one on my forehead just like you. Before starting accutane my skin was 90% clearer and I went on it hoping to be fully clear. I wanted to be clear by the time I went back to college but the opposite has ended and I have broken out more! I'm 17 years old and male on 60mg. WE CAN BOTH GET THROUGH THIS

Wow what.... My acne is currently controlled by antibiotics for 5 months. Finally, took 4 months to work!

Around 90% clear too... I feel like going on Accutane now to get fully clear.

So afraid of the worsening of acne when I go on tane, but my skin is mostly flat, still some persistent acne leaving indented scars. :( 

Was your skin mostly flat and clean before you go on Accutane? like just 2/3 bumps?

Did you take any antibiotics prior Accutane?

and more appear out of nowhere?

Anyways ihateacne33,

I saw your accutane before after pics, you're improving! Don't give up just yet!

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 12/28/2015 6:59 am

7 hours ago, NickRazell said:

Wow what.... My acne is currently controlled by antibiotics for 5 months. Finally, took 4 months to work!

Around 90% clear too... I feel like going on Accutane now to get fully clear.

So afraid of the worsening of acne when I go on tane, but my skin is mostly flat, still some persistent acne leaving indented scars. :( 

Was your skin mostly flat and clean before you go on Accutane? like just 2/3 bumps?

Did you take any antibiotics prior Accutane?

and more appear out of nowhere?

Anyways ihateacne33,

I saw your accutane before after pics, you're improving! Don't give up just yet!

Well, I had possibly one or 3 spots at a time and I had been on antibiotics and topical treatments for 6 months prior. Now my face is full of whiteheads that have a hard end and feel disgusting... I look back on my photos from months ago and see how clear my skin was, as for your final question my breakouts have been very fast, so fast that I would feel then rising from my skin and they would pop up in places I never had acne before in my life, I even had one on my chest. The only way I'll forgive Accutane is if it starts acting and does wanders in the next few months....