Notifications
Clear all

accutane & erectile dysfunction? 21 y/o male

MemberMember
(@natboy94)

Posted : 12/26/2015 9:01 pm

So I'm a 21 y/o male half waythrough mythird month of taking roaccutane 40 mg daily and the results are amazing! My skins cleared up with not a cyst in sight. My only concern is that since being on 40 mg (the first two months I was on 20mg) I have had loss of libido and it's hard for me to get. I've been doing research and found many people saying they've experienced the same thing being on the drug and still are years later. Even thoughthe results are great I don't want to do pemanentdamage tomy body.. Has anyone else had this? And should i stop taking?

Any advice would be appreciated

thanks 🙂

Dubya_B liked
MemberMember
(@natboy94)

Posted : 12/27/2015 2:02 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 12/28/2015 6:52 pm

This has been discussed to no end. There are thousands of stories online of permanent loss of libido and sexual dysfunction in young men and women during a course of Accutane, who could find no other medical reason for something so awful to happen.

The FDA refuses to include this as an officially listed side effect, but there is enough other information out there for you to decide whether or not it is in your best interests to stop taking the drug.

If you like being a sexually capable male in any way, then my advice would be to stop taking it now. I've struggled with suicide for over 15 years because of similar problems which began while taking Accutane.