Notifications
Clear all

My Differin Log - Retinoids Take 2

MemberMember
(@natsu)

Posted : 02/04/2016 5:56 pm

16 hours ago, AppleySauce said:

Thanks natsu for your concern :)
Thank fully now that my skin is clearing it's getting ALOT better. 
I would say most of the picking comes from the anxiety I have over my acne, but that's gettting better now too.

Great to hear! Hopefully your anxiety will disappear with the improvements ^^

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 02/08/2016 6:06 pm

END OF WEEK 10(?)

So my skin has evened out so much this last week! I still have bumps coming to the surface but I know they are ones that have been there for ages.
I hope by the end of the month I might be almost clear!
** I don't even care if anyone recognizes me, if you're on this site and you know who I am (slim chance anyway), you're probably here because you understand my struggles.**

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 02/08/2016 11:50 pm

3 hours ago, Chloe123 said:

How did you get rid of the hyperpigmintation? 

I think I'm just lucky I have skin that doesn't keep PIH too long.
But 100% of the time find that the more I try to treat it the less it improves, so I don't use anything and let my skin heal naturally. :)
In saying that I do have some shallow scars on the back of my jawline. 

Edit: One thing I do that could help with it is that whenever I extract a 'ripe' pimple I ice it immediately, regardless of whether I got all the contents out or not.

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 02/18/2016 10:13 pm

END OF WEEK 11

Bit of a late update but better than never.
So my skin is still getting better very slowly, i had about a 3-4 day period of no significant bumps! But just now i have discovered about 4! Argh.
too lazy to be any more specific, will update for twelve weeks soon!

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 02/22/2016 9:16 pm

~~IMPORTANT UPDATE~~

I am quitter... Yep I quit differin.
I went to my doctor today as it has been exactly 12 weeks since I started and about 4 days ago my skin broke out again so bad and so painful. Originally I was going to ask him for tazorac, as I knew it was a stronger retinoid.
We decided though, that because I am scarring now, and I have tried other retinoids, bp, clindamycin two antibiotic courses, and two birth controls, that it would be best just to start accutane...
It's annoying to finish this log on such a failed outcome but I just want this stage of my life (acne) to be over!!
Good luck to everyone else who is on differin. :)