Notifications
Clear all

Accutane not shifting blackheads?

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 12/03/2015 8:46 am

Okay so I'm coming up to the end of my 6 months on Accutane now and its has managed to clear my cystic acne (except for when i pick and squeeze at my spots and they turn in to cysts) I'm totally clear. But my blackheads just don't seem to be doing much. Apparently there has been a slight clearing in parts from what other people can see but I can see very little difference.

Im only on 30mg daily and have been for my full course, my derm said that the blackheads would take longer to clear than the cysts and on my last appointment she even offered me a surgery to have the more stubborn ones burned off. But my back is still plagued with blackheads and clogged pores and still feels rough. Surely it wouldn't take this long.

Has anyone else had experience with blackheads while on accutane?

Did the clear? How long did it take?

MemberMember
(@montanaskigirl)

Posted : 12/19/2015 6:16 pm

I do not break out. I have blackheads. Ugh. Spironolactone is the ONLY thing that has ever helped them. It took 8+ months for them to get better and they slowly got better over time. One day i realized how clear my pores were! Sadly, I cannot take spiro. Stick with it and give it time.