Notifications
Clear all

Acutane Help. 4.5 Months And Still No Results

MemberMember
(@stephenlamb20)

Posted : 08/25/2015 8:48 pm

I am on about near the end of my fourth month of Accutane. For the first Two months it was 30mg twice a day now its 40mg twice a day. Essentially i have noticed zero difference in my acne. Sure it has fluctuated like it normally does but has I have never really noticed much of a difference. The only difference I have noticed is that the left side of my face is pretty clear but the right is a night mare and i'm not sure why. Although the drug has essentially been melting off my face. I am peeling CONSTANTLY around my mouth and chin. I now carry lotion in my car and in my backpack and am applying it a lot. has anyone else here had similar experiences should I keep on hoping? or begin trying alternative methods?

Regimen:

Wash face with CeraVe Hydrating cleanser, then apply Acanya Gel on problem spots (this is a prescribed spot treatment), after I have let that sit in I apply ample amounts of moisturizer. I do this when I wake up around 6AM, then immediately when i get home from school around 6PM and once more before bed at around 11 or 12.

post-486776-0-81145700-1440553717.jpg

post-486776-0-08600200-1440553724.jpg

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 08/26/2015 5:15 am

You look like you have very stubborn acne. I've watched a couple youtube videos where people did not begin to show major improvement until 6 months in. You dermatologist will probably leave you on for an extended coarse if you are showing no improvement by months 5 and 6. The drug is working atleast since you are pealing. I know it sucks but stick with it, some people don't clear until after they have finished thier treatment. Have you noticed any improvements? Skin less oily?

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 08/27/2015 7:48 pm

Sometimes it takes a few months. It's shrinking your oil glands downand they don't always shrink right away. My oil stopped within a week and didn't turn back on for 8!wonderful years. I bet it will kick in shortly and u can have great skin from here on in : )