Notifications
Clear all

Coming Off Doxycycline

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 08/25/2015 2:43 pm

Hello all,

I was just wondering if there is any way to keep acne at bay while coming off doxy. I dont want it to come back.

Thanks.

WadeX

MemberMember
(@grimreaper2015)

Posted : 08/25/2015 10:35 pm

Well, since Doxycycline is an antibiotic,assuming it worked for you, you would probably do well with anything known to kill bacteria. I recommend a Tea Tree face wash. It shouldn't dry your face out, so you can probably use it twice a day. I would also use something with benzoyl peroxide in it. I use Clearasil face wipes. If you do happen to get a breakout, you can spot treat with a epsom salt/water or epsom salt/baking soda mixture. I leave mine on all night and my zit will be greatly reduced by the time I wake up. If you want to go the supplement route, zink, turmeric, Omega-3 fish oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin D are all good for acne. I use a product called Clear-Biotic+ that contains probiotics as well as many vitamins to help with acne. Since you were on antibiotics for acne it would be a good idea to try out some type of probiotic supplement. I was on antibiotics for 3 or 4 years for acne and developed colitis.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 08/26/2015 5:12 am

If the doxy was the only thing keeping your acne at bay changes are it will come back. You can decrease the severity by staying ahead of the bacteria growth by using a topical antibiotic. Benzoil peroxide or tea trea oil like suggested above.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 08/26/2015 12:33 pm

Well, since Doxycycline is an antibiotic,assuming it worked for you, you would probably do well with anything known to kill bacteria. I recommend a Tea Tree face wash. It shouldn't dry your face out, so you can probably use it twice a day. I would also use something with benzoyl peroxide in it. I use Clearasil face wipes. If you do happen to get a breakout, you can spot treat with a epsom salt/water or epsom salt/baking soda mixture. I leave mine on all night and my zit will be greatly reduced by the time I wake up. If you want to go the supplement route, zink, turmeric, Omega-3 fish oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin D are all good for acne. I use a product called Clear-Biotic+ that contains probiotics as well as many vitamins to help with acne. Since you were on antibiotics for acne it would be a good idea to try out some type of probiotic supplement. I was on antibiotics for 3 or 4 years for acne and developed colitis.

If the doxy was the only thing keeping your acne at bay changes are it will come back. You can decrease the severity by staying ahead of the bacteria growth by using a topical antibiotic. Benzoil peroxide or tea trea oil like suggested above.

Thanks for the replies. I am using differin along with the doxy so do you think if I keep using that I wont get any/ as much s

Acne as before? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@grimreaper2015)

Posted : 08/26/2015 9:41 pm

>If the doxy was the only thing keeping your acne at bay changes are it will come back. You can decrease the severity by staying ahead of the bacteria growth by using a topical antibiotic. Benzoil peroxide or tea trea oil like suggested above.

Thanks for the replies. I am using differin along with the doxy so do you think if I keep using that I wont get any/ as much s

Acne as before? Thanks.

No problem. :) I have never used Differin personally, but I looked it up. Since it is a retinoid it probably won't be able to fight your acne alone. I suggest that you use a tea tree oil face wash to kill the bacteria along with something with benzoyl peroxide in it. I suggest that you only apply whatever BP product that you choose to use only once a day since Differin (retinoids in general) and BP can both be very drying. I'm not sure what your doctors exact instructions were but if you suffer from a dry face after using Differin and BP in conjunction I suggest that you try to use the BP every other day instead since the tea tree should do a pretty good job fighting off the bacteria. You might get an initial break out when you first get off the antibiotic, but the BP should start to clear your acne in about 4-8 weeks if you do happen to break out. BP can also bleach your towels and clothes, so be careful not to get it all over the place until it had fully dried on your skin.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 08/27/2015 2:41 pm

Awesome. Thanks.